Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I can give you both! I'd love a Type: Null egg! Will you be around at like 6 EST?

FC: 2723-9256-0832

I just found out Type: Null can't breed because I'm a dope who doesn't read :downs:

I can trade you Rowlet and Jangmo-o eggs, if that's a fair substitution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Actually, has ANYBODY found a Macho Brace? Serebii lists the item but doesn't give a location for some reason, and all of the search results for sun and moon macho brace are just people not knowing where it is.

Has nobody found it yet or what?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Zore posted:

Once they're maxed you never need to pet them again to maintain.

This is going to make my living beast ball level 100 six max IV six max EV shiny hidden ability pokerus max affection Pokédex so much easier to maintain.

Just need a shiny question mark Unown and I'm good.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Cicadas! posted:

Actually, has ANYBODY found a Macho Brace? Serebii lists the item but doesn't give a location for some reason, and all of the search results for sun and moon macho brace are just people not knowing where it is.

Has nobody found it yet or what?

Well it's kind of pointless now isn't it?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Carlosologist posted:

I just found out Type: Null can't breed because I'm a dope who doesn't read :downs:

I can trade you Rowlet and Jangmo-o eggs, if that's a fair substitution

Yeah that'll work fine! What's your FC? I'll add you when I get home at 6 and be on shortly after.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Yeah that'll work fine! What's your FC? I'll add you when I get home at 6 and be on shortly after.

my FC is 0903-3508-3015 and my IGN is Carlos. I won't be on at 6 since I'll be working, but I'll be around at like 10:30 EST if that's fine? tomorrow i'll be free too

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Carlosologist posted:

my FC is 0903-3508-3015 and my IGN is Carlos. I won't be on at 6 since I'll be working, but I'll be around at like 10:30 EST if that's fine? tomorrow i'll be free too

Yeah, I can probably be on then.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

That Old Ganon posted:

Would the Geodude be have Galvanize by any chance? If not, the Goomy would be pretty dang cute.

2380-3485-3206
Gwyn

Yep, it's got Galvanize!

Avalerion posted:

I'm looking for a galvanize geodude and overcoat jangmo-o.

Can offer rowlets, littens, marnies, snow warning vulpix, or beastball feebass?

Got a Galvanize dude for you too in return for that Feebas.

Give me a few minutes to breed some then I'll be online. FC 3325-3410-1572, IGN tyb

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sockser posted:

are people seriously still getting legendaries for castforms? I bred up a big pile to round out the annoying corners of the pokedex (fishing, mostly) and it looked like castforms were super saturated looking for UBs and cover legendaries

Guess I'll throw one up for a moon UB when I get home from work and hope for the best then.
Literally last night I got a Type:Null for a Castform. The Lunala and the Cosmog that I got for other Castforms was Sunday night and I chalked it up to the weekend, but it works!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

tyblazitar posted:

Yep, it's got Galvanize!

Give me a few minutes to breed some then I'll be online. FC 3325-3410-1572, IGN tyb

Cheers, 4484-8908-1219 Avalerion / Andrew in game.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i for one am glad the not-pikachu, no, the other one, is just as viable as the first not-pikachu, and raichu

what im saying is mimikyu and togedemaru are cool

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

boy are my arms tired posted:

i for one am glad the not-pikachu, no, the other one, is just as viable as the first not-pikachu, and raichu

I wish Mimikyu could evolve into like a Raichu with a zipper down the front. Just a Raichu kigurumi.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Mimikiy is surprisingly good yea, togedemaru does not even get a steel attack outside of gyro ball though...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

alola raichu is super good

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Well it's kind of pointless now isn't it?

Doesn't it double EV gains, indiscriminate of type? Sounds like it'd still be good for someone who doesn't want to bother collecting all the different kinds of EV items.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Avalerion posted:

Mimikiy is surprisingly good yea, togedemaru does not even get a steel attack outside of gyro ball though...

Sort of like how Dedenne doesn't learn any special Fairy moves and literally cannot get one because Hidden Power doesn't do fairy.

:shepicide:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Exeggutor can learn Flamethrower.

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

tyblazitar posted:

Yep, it's got Galvanize!

Gothita's ready whenever you are.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Cicadas! posted:

Doesn't it double EV gains, indiscriminate of type? Sounds like it'd still be good for someone who doesn't want to bother collecting all the different kinds of EV items.

it is faster to get the power items because they give you 8 instead of 4 like past gens now

so no, pokerus + item of choice + sos chains will max out your stat of choice in 7 SOSs

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Had some terrible luck with non-HA Geodudes hatching first, but getting online now with two female Galvanize ones.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Eox posted:

I've been running with a Ninetales with backup Toxapex and the starting partner has worked phenomenally. Once aurora veil is up, the only thing Barbaracle really has to worry about is grass attacks and it can shell smash to its hearts content. The hawlucha soloed 3/4 pokemon when i hit Cynthia and Wally after i got caught in her garchomps earthquakes (Which also wrecked wallys magnezone and gallade lmao)

Yeah, I was thinking Clefable or Togekiss might make her serviceable but hadn't bred those up yet. Aurora Veil I didn't think of since figured it would be really unreliable if it needed hail up to remain, but apparently even if hail fades it stays around so it's much better than I thought.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Avalerion posted:

this is true but tbh i dont think it really needs it. i mean yeah it'd be nice for the tapus but i think togedemarus purpose is more support

dude gets fake out, encore, and untauntable 100% paralysis in nuzzle. with magnezone resists and poison immunity in a meta full of poison garbage. thats real neato for what was assumed to be Original The PIkachu Please Do Not Steal

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Decus posted:

Yeah, I was thinking Clefable or Togekiss might make her serviceable but hadn't bred those up yet. Aurora Veil I didn't think of since figured it would be really unreliable if it needed hail up to remain, but apparently even if hail fades it stays around so it's much better than I thought.
Yeah, it doesn't care about weather once it's active but can only be used when it's hailing.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

it is faster to get the power items because they give you 8 instead of 4 like past gens now

so no, pokerus + item of choice + sos chains will max out your stat of choice in 7 SOSs

And if somebody doesn't have access to 2 of the things in your 3-item list? I didn't say it was the fastest, but there's something to be said for convenience, especially if the alternative comes from the battle facilities.

Which is the whole reason someone would need EV-boosting items in the first place.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

tyblazitar posted:

Had some terrible luck with non-HA Geodudes hatching first, but getting online now with two female Galvanize ones.

Cheers!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The Macho Brace doesn't seem to be obtainable at all. Probably because the Power Items were used over it in the past generations, and the latter got buffed big time this gen.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Cicadas! posted:

And if somebody doesn't have access to 2 of the things in your 3-item list? I didn't say it was the fastest, but there's something to be said for convenience, especially if the alternative comes from the battle facilities.

Which is the whole reason someone would need EV-boosting items in the first place.

well lets see, lets assume macho brace was a thing in sun moon and doubled IV gains. do you want to SOS chain 63 mons for one stat, and then 63 mons for another stat, and have to do this every single time you want to EV train, or do you want to spend a couple hours getting all your EV items from battle royal, trade for pokerus with literally anyone in this thread, because its common as hell, and then SOS chain 7 dudes for one stat and 7 dudes for another stat and exponentially decrease how long it takes you to do this process

i guess all this is moot tho because macho brace isn't a thing, so lol

like, if convenience is your argument its not holding water

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Castform does not exist. Castform is a myth. I know true the existence of Exeggcute and even Sliggoo, but there is nothing known as a Castform that lives in this world.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

In fairness, if the Brace was accessible without spending BP it would be a good way to bootstrap into power items.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

DACK FAYDEN posted:

In fairness, if the Brace was accessible without spending BP it would be a good way to bootstrap into power items.

i really don't think it would be, i rolled into BR with the absolute worst ultra beasts imaginable (i think i had a buzzwole that beast boosted his defense over his attack) and still managed to grind out three of the items i needed and i legit think its a faster process vs a single macho brace and grinding SOSs

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Huh, i just remembered that Looker had amnesia in ORAS. He must have had an encounter with an Ultra Wormhole, which makes me wonder if there's more ultra beasts than just the five* we know of. also gently caress trying to get a shiny Buzzwole

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Nihilarian posted:

I am the champion! :toot:

who do you think Lillie is going to choose as her starter over in Kanto?

I think I'm going to bench everyone but Stilts the Decidueye and Peek the Mimikyu for the postgame. Not sure who else to use yet, though.

If this is after Red and Blue, then Oak will most likely give her an Eevee, which would give Gamefreak a perfect opportunity to release more Eeveelutions like Fighting, Poison, Steel.

spit on my clit posted:

Huh, i just remembered that Looker had amnesia in ORAS. He must have had an encounter with an Ultra Wormhole, which makes me wonder if there's more ultra beasts than just the five* we know of. also gently caress trying to get a shiny Buzzwole

I think legendaries and those bad boys are all shiny locked.

well lets see, lets assume macho brace was a thing in sun moon and doubled IV gains. do you want to SOS chain 63 mons for one stat, and then 63 mons for another stat, and have to do this every single time you want to EV train, or do you want to spend a couple hours getting all your EV items from battle royal, trade for pokerus with literally anyone in this thread, because its common as hell, and then SOS chain 7 dudes for one stat and 7 dudes for another stat and exponentially decrease how long it takes you to do this process

i guess all this is moot tho because macho brace isn't a thing, so lol

I thought every time a Pokemon was SOS called, their EV gains were doubled, which means with a double EV gain item, you need about 14 or so murders.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 29, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Where do I take Eevee for the leaf and ice evolutions? And what's the fastest way to grind max friendship? Just slap a soothe bell and run in circles with Tauros?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

notoriousman posted:

Castform does not exist. Castform is a myth. I know true the existence of Exeggcute and even Sliggoo, but there is nothing known as a Castform that lives in this world.

If you want one and have a spare Sliggoo I can trade you one. (I already have Goomy, I'm just being lazy)

greatn posted:

Where do I take Eevee for the leaf and ice evolutions?

Leaf: Big rock in the Grass Trial

Ice: Victory Road

Senerio fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 29, 2016

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

Where do I take Eevee for the leaf and ice evolutions?

Grass is in the jungle trial area and Ice is in the caves right before the Pokemon League.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Alright, I know I'm way behind everyone here but I just made it to Route 4 and I'm seeking advice on new teammates since my current crew is starting to feel overleveled. The exceptions are Carmen (Brionne) and Fabio (Diglet) since they're permanent members of Team Elegance. That leaves:
  • K'nex (Magnetite)
  • Tora (Growlithe)
  • Redcap (Trumpbeak)
  • Metallia (Misdreavus)
Any team building advice would be appreciated--particularly anything local, and most especially anything ~*Elegant*~

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

greatn posted:

Where do I take Eevee for the leaf and ice evolutions? And what's the fastest way to grind max friendship? Just slap a soothe bell and run in circles with Tauros?

TM use now increases happiness, so take two TMs that are learnable by that pokemon and swap between the two. Don't know if it's faster than Mr. Tauros' Wild Ride, though.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Dizz posted:

I thought every time a Pokemon was SOS called, their EV gains were doubled, which means with a double EV gain item, you need about 14 or so murders.

no, sos doubles their initial EV value, so 1 becomes 2 and it stays like that for each SOS, the doubling doesn't keep happening

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Dizz posted:

If this is after Red and Blue, then Oak will most likely give her an Eevee, which would give Gamefreak a perfect opportunity to release more Eeveelutions like Fighting, Poison, Steel.

I think legendaries and those bad boys are all shiny locked.

I think the only legendary that isn't shiny locked is Type: Null.

Also the Power Items give out 8 EVs instead of 4. So on top of the appropriate EV, you would be getting 36 EVs per kill if the Pokemon only gives out 1 EV normally, 40, if they give out 2, and 44 if they give out 3.

Macho Brace only doubles the EVs, so on top of Pokerus and the SOS multiplier, you would only be getting 8 EVs per kill if the Pokemon only gives out 1 EV, 16 per kill if they give out 2, and 24 per kill if they give out 3. The Macho Brace is far more inefficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Alright, I know I'm way behind everyone here but I just made it to Route 4 and I'm seeking advice on new teammates since my current crew is starting to feel overleveled. The exceptions are Carmen (Brionne) and Fabio (Diglet) since they're permanent members of Team Elegance. That leaves:
  • K'nex (Magnetite)
  • Tora (Growlithe)
  • Redcap (Trumpbeak)
  • Metallia (Misdreavus)
Any team building advice would be appreciated--particularly anything local, and most especially anything ~*Elegant*~

shouldn't you be coming up on the water trial? you can catch a feebas there for the ~eleganza~ also you should pick up an oricorio. Baile is muy elegante and personally fun to use with z-teeter dance (confuses other pokemons/+1 SPATK) or workup (+2ATK/+1SPATK) then batonpass.