Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

slev posted:

Is there fashion in this game. Can I dress up my boys?

Yes, I already have 4 outfits for everyone.

Holy poo poo why isn't there a tutorial about the Magic system, I have no idea how it works. I got some spells equipped but no idea what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm stuck in the mine in the first chapter...how do I get out? I can't even save...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You push circle, they go boom and usually destroy everything including your buddies. You can also hold down circle to aim where they go. Remember this for the Behemoth hunt.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Ugh, the Kotaku review really sold me. I don't know if I have it in me to love another JRPG :negative:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Well, I'm sold.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Wow. That "Roadtrip DLC" thing Amazon did is a pure trash website. fyi

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Yo How do I play car dress up?

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Can I transfer Prompto's saved photos to my pc? I got some pretty hilarious ones I want to share.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Super No Vacancy posted:

did anyone get the fuckoff idiot squenix edition yet and if so can you tell me how the DLC is included, i.e. how many codes there are and for which items?

All the DLC is one code located on a slip in the steel book with the game and movie.

And I definitely agree with the Prompto picture idea person being promoted to CEO. Some really cool pictures come out of it and it is the most impressive part of the game for me so far.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sedisp posted:

Yo How do I play car dress up?

Talk to Cindy at Hammerhead

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

What does the camera kit DLC do? It's the only one I kinda care about.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Has anyone else had issues redeeming their Roadtrip DLC codes? I got mine in an email but none of them work. I don't know if this is because I was given two codes from Amazon to make a Roadtrip account and gave one to a goon, or if it's a bigger issue. I was able to redeem the Gold Chocobo Regalia skin from Amazon without a problem, but none of the three Roadtrip codes work. I sent an email to SE about it but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask the thread. Sorry if it's been asked and answered already; this thread is kind of a mine field for someone who won't be able to play for another hour or so.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
My install time is 553 minutes right now and I'm beginning to think it isn't joking.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I've learned that carnivorous predators in the final fantasy world will protect their potato patches to the bitter end

game owns

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Caidin posted:

My install time is 553 minutes right now and I'm beginning to think it isn't joking.

If you're installing from a disc something is wrong, if you're 'installing' a digital download then that's just lovely PSN download speed. It'll go faster in sleep mode.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Caidin posted:

Sadly, it's not, mine had 10,045 mins left on it last night, left the console on in Rest Mode overnight, and it still had 84 mins to go at 10:30 this morning. I'm just going to assume the internet poo poo itself at some point last night and it didn't download as much as it should have. That poo poo should have finished in 2-3 hours as opposed to the 7 it was going to take.

phourniner fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 29, 2016

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Please tell me that's not with an ethernet cable plugged in 'cos holey moley

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Took me over 24 hours to download the 13 GB Japanese demo, 10 GB patch today was done in an hour and a half :shrug:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

For what it's worth I found that restarting the PS4completely (rather than just putting it into rest) helped download speeds yesterday. Put it into rest after that and finished downloading about 45 minutes after launch.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Well that's a bit absurd but the steam sale was kind so it's not like I can't do something else for the day. Tomorrow I guess!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sakurazuka posted:

Whoever came up with the 'Prompto takes photos of random poo poo' idea should be running Square-Enix

I thought I was gonna hate that dork like I hated Zell but it turns out he's a lovable dork :3:

And his photos own, yeah. Need to figure out PS4 sharing tonight so I can post one he got earlier this morning.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I haven't gotten to play this yet since I'm at work but from the videos I've seen it almost looks like you can do weird DMC-esque convos with weapon switches. Can you keep chains going or do they all have finishing moves and stuff?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
On PS4, any of Prompto's photos that you save go straight into the PS4's Capture Gallery, and can be shared to social media or transferred to a USB drive like any other game screenshot. I imagine it's the same for however Xbox One's screenshots are set up.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Amazon didn't ship mine until like 8 pm last night, but I have received it. Downloading the update patch; now if only I could get my stupid Road Trip DLC e-mail.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Caidin posted:

Mine was at 1600 minutes when I started. It went down to 1000 minutes after 10 real-life minutes or so, but yeah it's hilariously bad. I bought the game digitally, for reference.

The Chairman posted:

On PS4, any of Prompto's photos that you save go straight into the PS4's Capture Gallery, and can be shared to social media or transferred to a USB drive like any other game screenshot. I imagine it's the same for however Xbox One's screenshots are set up.

Yeah, the best way I've found to share stuff was to share via Twitter, and then grab the photo from there on my PC and delete the tweet.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

The Chairman posted:

That the playstation app can connect to your console but not let you share the media on there with the normal intent flow is the dumbest thing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm dozens of pages behind on this thread. How do I use my promotional code amazon sent me for pre-ordering the fancy special edition? It links me to the amazon road trip website, and it just says "invalid email" when I try to sign up. I've tried 5 different emails now.

I just want my shiny special stuff :(

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 29, 2016

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

RCarr posted:

I'm dozens of pages behind on this thread. How do I use my promotional code amazon sent me for pre-ordering the fancy special edition? It links me to the carbuncle surprise thing which I had signed up for weeks ago, but when I try to log in it just says "invalid email". It says the same thing if I try to create a new account.

Have they sent out the Carbuncle surprise code yet? I haven't gotten it.

Edit: The official rules say "on or around December 12", so I'm guessing not.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

RCarr posted:

I'm dozens of pages behind on this thread. How do I use my promotional code amazon sent me for pre-ordering the fancy special edition? It links me to the carbuncle surprise thing which I had signed up for weeks ago, but when I try to log in it just says "invalid email". It says the same thing if I try to create a new account.

youre not looking for carbuncle surprise. if they sent you a psn code it should go in the psn store otherwise you want the roadtrip.finalfantasywhater.gimmick

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

slev posted:

Is there fashion in this game. Can I dress up my boys?

I mean... you're playing as a jpop group, if there aren't costume changes I'd be super surprised.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

youre not looking for carbuncle surprise. if they sent you a psn code it should go in the psn store otherwise you want the roadtrip.finalfantasywhater.gimmick

Sorry, it does link me to https://www.roadtrip.finalfantasyxv.com/ and when I go to sign in it tells me invalid email. It says the same thing if I try to sign up for a new account with any number of different emails.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man some of these battles get hectic as hell. They could probably tone down the spawn rate of some things in a couple areas a bit - I was in the beginning of Chapter 3 and I was slaughtering a pack of wild animals to steal their flesh for a quest, and suddenly a giant pack of very angry dogs spawned right on top of them. As I was killing them, a dropship full of soldiers landed on top of *that*. Then a second pack of dogs. Then a second dropship. And somehow a cactuar showed up and kept 1-shotting everyone with 1,000 needles and I had no idea what the hell was going on until almost everything else was dead and I finally saw the tiny little fucker speeding around.

I dunno if it was just a weird coincidence / something in the scripting crossed wires or what, but it was pretty funny. I had to use a ton of healing items just to get through it, I could barely even move or see because there were literally like 30 enemies on screen at any given time. On the plus side, the framerate held steady! Hopefully that's not normal though, or it would get pretty annoying / exhausting.

Also I found some baby chocobos :3:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think youre supposed to sign up with a new acct not your amazon one but the site has been getting hammered all day i think so it might be having issues with account sign up. or maybe you were supposed to do it over the last month and now the promotion is over idk

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

I haven't gotten home yet to install my copy yet (woo...archaic plastic discs...), but for those of us who completed the Platinum Demo, weren't we supposed to get some sort of thing in FF15? Do I have to do anything special for whatever the reward was?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mt. Modular posted:

I haven't gotten home yet to install my copy yet (woo...archaic plastic discs...), but for those of us who completed the Platinum Demo, weren't we supposed to get some sort of thing in FF15? Do I have to do anything special for whatever the reward was?

The Carbuncle thing shows up in the tutorial with whatever name you gave it. IDK if there's more

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The Carbuncle thing shows up in the tutorial with whatever name you gave it. IDK if there's more

Yo, were you able to get your Roadtrip DLC redeemed? I've having problems with the codes they sent me.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aysdWXG8WMY

Huh, the Xbone version doesn't have any of the frame pacing issues that you get on PS4 (I'm kinda jealous of those of you who don't notice the microstutter, it's not ruining the game or anything but it's just one of those little annoying things that you can't unsee once you notice it). Of course, it also has a blurrier presentation (dynamic resolution maxing out at 900p + temporal anti-aliasing) and some actual (minor) frame drops here and there, so it's not fantastic either.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yo, were you able to get your Roadtrip DLC redeemed? I've having problems with the codes they sent me.

I didn't get the chocobo car skin but I was able to redeem the other ones without issue.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I played the Platinum demo a while back and the game waited over a year to tell me that my name was too inappropriate to be used

R.I.P. Adolf Hitler the Carbuncle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

Did you try redeeming through your PS4 as opposed to through the PS Store website? Someone was saying earlier it worked for them.

I hit the "redeem DLC" button like 7 hours ago and still haven't gotten my e-mail.

• Locked thread