Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

The Great Autismo! posted:

if it's your only chance, don't go to China, go to Philippines or Thailand or Cambodia

I just broke up with my Chinese ex 2 weeks ago and now only Chinese girls (students here, not the ones in China) are interested in me. 3 in the last 2 weeks. It's my calling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

so what if I dooo

yes :mrgw:

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
I'm not so sure if the instant marriage offer thing is always serious, though. I think a lot of it is just their culture's way for girls to get past the whole "slut shaming" psychological barrier a lot of women seem to have with casual relationships. A few of the girls I knew would start off talking like that, but after you get past the initial barrier they become totally okay with being FWB and totally okay with both of us still seeing other people.

Some girls definitely do take that stuff seriously though, and being told "our hybrid baby will be beautiful" by a girl you just met 8 hours ago is pretty :aaaaa:

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

sinking belle posted:

So like what happened with the Tianjin explosion in the end, is there still a big toxic hole in the ground or what

What? No, Tianjin children's park and playground has been here for long, never mind the wilting plants and strange smell.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

THE PWNER posted:

I just broke up with my Chinese ex 2 weeks ago and now only Chinese girls (students here, not the ones in China) are interested in me. 3 in the last 2 weeks. It's my calling.

At least go to Good China, aka the 51st state.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

THE PWNER posted:

I'm gonna goto China to get married because it's my only chance.

I'm kind of wondering what those women's long term plans are though.

At least in Thailand and Cambodia you know they do it for the cash, but an ad executive in China can probably live quite well on her own salary.

Is the social pressure of having a "married" entry in the passport so big that they'd willingly spend 8 hours a day with somebody they don't particularly care about, and may grow to hate through mutual resentment pretty fast?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

peak debt posted:

Is the social pressure of having a "married" entry in the passport so big that they'd willingly spend 8 hours a day with somebody they don't particularly care about, and may grow to hate through mutual resentment pretty fast?

Oh yes it is.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRNBoNfrMMQ

the documentary maker was on a podcast, basically she talked about how she had to break the barrier of being a good film maker to translate for them, and the woman kind of hated him but couldn't leave cause: face. if she returned home.

I think it sort of kind of worked out eventually but i'm not sure, need to find it and watch it

Drunk & Ugly fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 29, 2016

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

this was a great documentary

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

This is well worth watching. I also highly recommend "My Thai Bride" as a companion piece.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Atlas Hugged posted:

At least go to Good China, aka the 51st state.

Canada?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Drunk & Ugly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRNBoNfrMMQ

the documentary maker was on a podcast, basically she talked about how she had to break the barrier of being a good film maker to translate for them, and the woman kind of hated him but couldn't leave cause: face. if she returned home.

I think it sort of kind of worked out eventually but i'm not sure, need to find it and watch it
Aaauugghhh

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
First I ruined her space dildo and embarrassed her when she brought it to work, and now

Poor girl can't catch a break.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Haier ur rear end in chinar

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Haier posted:

First I ruined her space dildo and embarrassed her when she brought it to work, and now

Poor girl can't catch a break.

...you sent her a picture of your rear end?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
You guys thought that metal dildo was for her? haha

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

mikerock posted:

They're not really. At least in Canada they're mostly just time consuming from my the experience my wife and I had. From what has come out about this it seems like a lot of it centers around forging entry and exit stamps in passports which leads me to believe that these people were lying about how much time they spent in Canada while the application process was under way. You're required to spend at least 3 of 5 years in Canada and you have to provide documentation to back up that claim. It is very difficult to work in Canada legally during that time, so it sounds like these people were living and working in China while saying they were in Canada.

It seems like it was a case of this is how poo poo works in China so it works like this everywhere else right?

I know this is from way back, but come on that's still ludicrously difficult to move to Canada unless you have a) nuclear family ties or b) enough money to qualify for a rich person visa.

Imagine if the same thing applied in China (or the rest of SEA for that matter), 90% of people in this thread wouldn't be able get there in the first place, and that's mostly a group of university-educated and well-qualified (foreign language teacher/person is as much of a qualification as any other, relative to the general population) people.

e: it's like stockholm immigration syndrome or something. Anyone who goes through western immigration, even if through the 100% absolute easiest marriage route (which still often involves periods where the spouse has to be supported by the family they are marrying into) is all gently caress you got mine the minute they are done

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 29, 2016

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

ladron posted:

...you sent her a picture of your rear end?
I took a selfie but my mirror was in the background, so I thought I'd moon her at the same time.

Glenn Quebec posted:

You guys thought that metal dildo was for her? haha
Touche.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
hth thats loving scary. In chinar no less.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

why?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Weichat game is strong, foreigner incapable of understand.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009

One phone for every uber style taxi/delivery app! You've only got 10 seconds to mash your finger on a request, and missing one puts you at risk for getting temporarily disconnected for "inactivity!"

I've seen the same thing in Korea in the badass delivery bike dudes, but they usually only have like, three or four.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
God Taxi

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Taiwan.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No stock ticker? Face lost.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

So...

Canada?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Canada may be the 51st state but has the very worst of China.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Baronjutter posted:

Canada may be the 51st state but has the very worst of China.

We really reall really don't

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

We really reall really don't

Come to Richmond where it's all fuerdai and blueberry farm mansions as far as the eye can see.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I was in my local chinese takeaway last night watching some historical tvshow called Heroes of the Tang Dynasty or something. It was obviously modern and somehow managed to look expensive (filmed in HD, large sets and lots of sweeping shots) and cheap as gently caress with all the actors in crappy plastic armor, bad choreoraphy and worse-than-ikea furniture that collapsed at the merest touch in the fight scenes.

Was kinda entertaining for the 15 minutes i watched it, even though i couldn't understand a single word because it was all in foreign. Is it at all popular in China? It kind of looked like some cheap spanish telenovella in its own way.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Oberleutnant posted:

I was in my local chinese takeaway last night watching some historical tvshow called Heroes of the Tang Dynasty or something. It was obviously modern and somehow managed to look expensive (filmed in HD, large sets and lots of sweeping shots) and cheap as gently caress with all the actors in crappy plastic armor, bad choreoraphy and worse-than-ikea furniture that collapsed at the merest touch in the fight scenes.

Was kinda entertaining for the 15 minutes i watched it, even though i couldn't understand a single word because it was all in foreign. Is it at all popular in China? It kind of looked like some cheap spanish telenovella in its own way.

This show and a similar quality WWII show about killing japanese (which aren't even human) are the only 2 shows china produces.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I understand perfectly.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Oberleutnant posted:

The four-things-one-price place I used to go to in the Chinatown I lived in in Queens had Episode One of A Bite of China on loop, it was nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AizamOIZijs

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I'm finding it very hard to pick only one image to quote with a "same". I may need to watch this trash show; how might I do that?

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

ladron posted:

there's a huge number of japanese in brazil, and has been for like 100 years.
when I lived in brazil, I dated an ethic japanese girl named Solange Fukisomethingnjapanese. She was extremely hot.
Hope you enjoyed my story.

edit: oh gently caress you ^^^

Tokyo face with a Rio booty. Mmmmmm.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Dzhay posted:

I'm finding it very hard to pick only one image to quote with a "same". I may need to watch this trash show; how might I do that?

almost all episodes on youtube, search 非诚勿扰 / fei cheng wu rao

not sure if there's any with english subtitles though, there must be some

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I watch that garbage show along with ai qing bao wei zhan every week

something is wrong with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

TsarZiedonis posted:

I've seen the same thing in Korea in the badass delivery bike dudes, but they usually only have like, three or four.

I was in Seoul a few weeks ago and saw how every bike messenger had a custom bezel and at least two phones plugged in but I had no idea what they were used for. I initially assumed one was a personal phone and the other was for work. Can you share any more details about them?

• Locked thread