Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Where's the road map at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

No.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Are we not getting a road map for season year 2?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
If we do get a year 2 map I bet it won't have dates on it since iirc they missed all of them.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I just want countries so I can make spergy predictions. :(

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Hard posted:

Oh, seems like SeasonPass year2 is popping up in the stores.

I have the same amount of hours played on steam as I do money spent on Siege.

Well I will until I buy this new season pass for season 2. (gently caress YOU JEHDE.)

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I bought SP1 less than a month ago. In hindsight I should have bought it on day 1 but given recent track record with season passes everywhere...

Anyway I'm not waiting for a discount or whatever, I'll throw money at it today.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
So far unless it went up after I looked the season 2 pass isn't even up solo on PSN; they're only selling it in the bundles. (If it does pop up someone toss a link please!)

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Are the Season 1 operators ever going to have their renown costs reduced?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

What's the reason for Twitch getting knocked out of her drone when the drone phase ends? By far, the most common time for me to lose my drone is when I'm moving it away from the other team and then the round starts and I get pulled out of it.

Also in Twitch news, though, her drone has been missing its reticle for at least me and my friend during drone phase. It only comes back when I start piloting it again.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
where can i buy the second season pass? i can't see it anywhere

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Draxion posted:

What's the reason for Twitch getting knocked out of her drone when the drone phase ends? By far, the most common time for me to lose my drone is when I'm moving it away from the other team and then the round starts and I get pulled out of it.

pay attention to the timer and learn to hide your drone when it's about to transition

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

afkmacro posted:

I bought SP1 less than a month ago. In hindsight I should have bought it on day 1 but given recent track record with season passes everywhere...

Anyway I'm not waiting for a discount or whatever, I'll throw money at it today.

The only sort of bad thing about getting a season pass late is having missed out on the renown boost, otherwise the season pass is well worth it as long as you don't already have a bunch of the year 1 operators unlocked.

Vengarr posted:

Are the Season 1 operators ever going to have their renown costs reduced?

I'd have thought not and that the year 1 season pass should still be available when the year 2 pass comes out, since it'll still be a good purchase for new players, but on steam only the year 2 pass is available now.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

where can i buy the second season pass? i can't see it anywhere

You can buy it on steam but not on uplay yet.

Uplay is still running their discounts though.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

afkmacro posted:

seasonpass year1 was(is?) 50% on steam last weekend but i don't think it went on sale very often or at the very least not as much as the game itself.

With season2 now available i think season1 is not available anymore.

Jehde posted:

Are we not getting a road map for season year 2?

No idea really. I'd personally love it for the hype factor.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard posted:

year1
season2
season1

Hard, fix your game's community's vocabulary.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Hard posted:

With season2 now available i think season1 is not available anymore.

Seems to be the case, on Steam the "Gold" edition of the game got changed to include year 2 content only, with a new "Complete" edition that has Year 1 & 2 content.

Uplay stuff is a little weird with there now being a year 2 thing in the store under R6:S DLC but in the DLC menu for your installed/owned games the Year 1 pass is still up and discounted.

I don't know if it's a display/caching issue or not but I expect the uplay store will show the same stuff that steam is showing soon enough.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Koramei posted:

pay attention to the timer and learn to hide your drone when it's about to transition

That's less of a reason and more of a smug git gud, which doesn't really answer anything. As it is, without her reticle it's more useful for me to just hang back until the start of the actual round anyways, because aiming takes forever and I'm even more likely to get shot sitting out in the open missing shots at jammers.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
oh well yeah the reticle thing is obviously a bug

as for the other part, sure if that's the way you wanna take it, get good. it's really not hard to plan around the timer.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Once the objective has been found you should be putting your drone somewhere useful like an entry point or a common peeking spot. I'll never understand the suicidal need to rush the point with drones during prep phase

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Koramei posted:

oh well yeah the reticle thing is obviously a bug

as for the other part, sure if that's the way you wanna take it, get good. it's really not hard to plan around the timer.

No, it's not. I don't play Twitch much, but my friend who does has been badgering me about why it works that way, given that her drones are so valuable and I wanted to see if there was a reason besides "it does" - like player models spawning in or whatever.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Wait I can't get Season Pass 1 anymore? So am I just screwed now? God damnit and I was going to get it this christmas when I had more money. So I guess I just gotta farm the DLC characters out now and miss out on anything else the season pass was supposed to give, or do I get it all with the S2 pass?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hard posted:

seasonpass year1 was(is?) 50% on steam last weekend but i don't think it went on sale very often or at the very least not as much as the game itself.

Yeah I waited forever for a sale on steam, but I figure it's worth the money at full price all things considered. It's one way for me to vote with my wallet to say hey gj for doing something good and not running this poo poo into the ground with pay2win weapons or crates & keys.

lohli posted:

The only sort of bad thing about getting a season pass late is having missed out on the renown boost, otherwise the season pass is well worth it as long as you don't already have a bunch of the year 1 operators unlocked.

Yep, I only had the navy seals unlocked. I only recently got to experience Buck. Really great operator.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Any goons up for a few rounds? Need 1-2 people for my group. I'm in the Discord and IRC.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Draxion posted:

No, it's not. I don't play Twitch much, but my friend who does has been badgering me about why it works that way, given that her drones are so valuable and I wanted to see if there was a reason besides "it does" - like player models spawning in or whatever.

There probably isn't an insurmountable technical issue that means that you could never not swap from drones to shootmans at the start, but being dumped out of drone control is in line with the behaviour for all the other operators, and I think it's a good thing to boot everyone out of drone control at the start if only to remind twitch players that they have guns and feet and probably shouldn't spend the entire game on their drones.

I think there's already a problem of players focusing on operator gimmicks to the detriment of their team, and twitch is one of those operators that is a magnet for myopic players, so I'm ok with twitch also being booted out of drone control if only because it usually means less time spent on a drone when they should be clicking heads with their gun of choice.

Ularg posted:

Wait I can't get Season Pass 1 anymore? So am I just screwed now? God damnit and I was going to get it this christmas when I had more money. So I guess I just gotta farm the DLC characters out now and miss out on anything else the season pass was supposed to give, or do I get it all with the S2 pass?

Hard please tell the fine folks at work that removing the year 1 pass is dumb, thanks!

I can understand wanting to avoid confusing players with having multiple season passes available and the general assumption that most people are going to have the operators by now, but it was a really good purchase for anyone picking things up late.

Removing that option is incredibly inconvenient and should be fixed, if for no other reason than it being a case of leaving money (that people are quite keen to spend) on the table.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Seriously, if you just drop it down to $15-20 I'll pick it up as soon as possible along with the new one. I like the skins and stuff but I was just a latecomer to siege.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Any goons up for a few rounds? Need 1-2 people for my group. I'm in the Discord and IRC.

Which discord is this?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ularg posted:

Seriously, if you just drop it down to $15-20 I'll pick it up as soon as possible along with the new one. I like the skins and stuff but I was just a latecomer to siege.

Which discord is this?

https://discord.gg/HZbd8

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
fawk

Year1
Season1
Season2
Season3
Season4
Year2
Season5 or season1y2?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard posted:

Season1
Season1
Season2
Season3
Season4
Season2
Season5 or Season1S2?

Also year season 2 CTUs leaked?

"The second year of the game content will be more rich pursuit of the game team experience, especially the four new anti-terrorism team (CTUs) to join, the new year will be the first time, These teams will come from Spain, Hong Kong, China, Israel and South Korea"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Israel huh? I hope I can hit my enemies with a devastating Krav Maga Suplex through the wall.

E: HARD PLZ CONFIRM

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Huh, cool. I like all those picks.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Any info regarding potential future content whether it proves to be true or false is a huge no no atm. Don't bother asking really.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hard posted:

Any info regarding potential future content whether it proves to be true or false is a huge no no atm. Don't bother asking really.

It's okay, when we want info we'll just have to wait for a foreign Ubi community manager to leak it ala BOPE.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hard posted:

Welp guess I'm waiting to buy the first season pass. :(

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard posted:

Still gonna make dumb predictions!

My initial year 2 map predictions are:

Spain: World Park (From the book.)
Hong Kong: Hospital (Hard Boiled)
Israel: Olympic Stadium (Munich 1972)
South Korea: Shopping Mall (Early prediction and fits the locale.)

For reference, my year 1 map predictions were:

Canada: Icebreaker (Close enough with a yacht in the arctic.)
US: Border Crossing (Had Sicario in mind initially.)
Brazil: Favelas (Who didn't predict this?)
Japan: Skyscraper (An actual skyscraper, not the cop-out we got.)

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Anybody having issues with the game crashing to desktop immediately as a round starts? This happens in situations, t-hunt, casual/ranked and even if I try to run the benchmark from the video settings

I'm kind of at a loss

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Finally setup discord and jumped on, also added my u/n to the googledoc. Thanks for letting me play goons. I'm not always this terrible. Usually I get a few kills. Meh. I'll get better with time.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Glad you had fun, don't stress being bad. Everyone was/is at some point.

I'd suggest getting Rook as your next op as Castle is a bit difficult to jump straight into though.

Rook or Doc if you'd rather be a bit more active with your ability.

Thermite is also a solid option on attack but given his gun isn't really that great at killing and he's lost his ability to follow up a down with a frag I'd say maybe go Sledge.

Sledge isn't seeing as much play these days since the Mac11 nerf, its still drat good though, and also because Buck is basically new/better Sledge.

Good guns, has frags, can break poo poo.

Can't complain with that.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Mac11 still OP, Sledge still great.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Jehde posted:

Mac11 still OP, Sledge still great.

Can't wait to see what quality of life changes they make for sledge in season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Well in year 2 I bet the Israelis will get a micro-uzi which will be similarly OP.

I don't think they made any significant changes to Sledge for season 2, Dust Line.

• Locked thread