Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

You do realize genetics plays a large part in weight, right? Same goes for addictions, something you even admit to battling yourself.

Oh god here we go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
We don't have to go anywhere. It's not complicated.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

THC posted:

Oh god here we go

Oh dont get me wrong, the majority of people eat like poo poo these days and a lot of it is self inflicted, but your ability to shed the weight you gain can be much more difficult because of genetics.

e: I hope this doesnt mean you think Im agreeing with them. I 100% support the doctors choices to deny overweight people access to certain procedures because of the increased risks. I just think its tactless to instantly mock the people involved just because they are overweight.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 29, 2016

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Just don't mock people unless their behaviour actively affects you, I don't see why this is so hard. If someone is an rear end in a top hat go ahead and mock them. If someone is fat or gay or black or whatever it has no bearing on your life, leave them the gently caress alone.

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, you didn't inherit calorie-hungry gut flora? LOOKS LIKE YOU JUST NEED TO EAT LESS, FATTY!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

People are fat because they don't eat the right things and do not exercise enough

If you consume more calories than you expend in a given day you will not lose weight. This is not hard.

People do not seem to understand the concept of moderation. Nor do most have any SINGLE loving CLUE what is actually in the food they eat. See; the idiots sueing Chipotle for thinking there's such thing as a 300 calorie burrito

Start out your morning with a large double-double and a blueberry muffin? There's 600 calories right there. For a 200 pound male, that's about 1/4 your daily intake in 1 drink and 1 small unsatisfying sweet package.

You want to make people less fat? EDUCATE THEM.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Genetics has a very small role in weight, it does however have a huge role in addictions what is what fat people are actually suffering from. It's stupid to compare a fat person to a disabled or minority, they should be compared to other addicts that ultimately 'choose' to overindulge

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
The leadership process in all parties is a joke, but especially so within the left wing identity politiking party

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder what the world will look like when there are no acceptable criteria for discrimination, including ability/competence.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Furnaceface posted:

You do realize genetics plays a large part in weight, right? Same goes for addictions, something you even admit to battling yourself.

Thats a lot of words just to say "You must be popular and liked by lots of different people."

Between that and the extremely high entrance fee it seems prohibitive toward any candidate who doesn't already have a national profile, which means that unless somebody like Sid Ryan decides to run our only choices will be between a small handful of already well established MPs who were heavily influenced by the Layton / Mulcair era of tepid third way centrism.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

Oh dont get me wrong, the majority of people eat like poo poo these days and a lot of it is self inflicted, but your ability to shed the weight you gain can be much more difficult because of genetics.

e: I hope this doesnt mean you think Im agreeing with them. I 100% support the doctors choices to deny overweight people access to certain procedures because of the increased risks. I just think its tactless to instantly mock the people involved just because they are overweight.
I wasn't disagreeing with your comment. I am living proof that a healthy diet and exercise aren't necessary for some people to be thin.

M.McFly
Oct 23, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

People are fat because they don't eat the right things and do not exercise enough

If you consume more calories than you expend in a given day you will not lose weight. This is not hard.

People do not seem to understand the concept of moderation. Nor do most have any SINGLE loving CLUE what is actually in the food they eat. See; the idiots sueing Chipotle for thinking there's such thing as a 300 calorie burrito

Start out your morning with a large double-double and a blueberry muffin? There's 600 calories right there. For a 200 pound male, that's about 1/4 your daily intake in 1 drink and 1 small unsatisfying sweet package.

But muh condishuns!

M.McFly
Oct 23, 2008

THC posted:

I wasn't disagreeing with your comment. I am living proof that a healthy diet and exercise aren't necessary for some people to be thin.

Nobody said that wasn't true. You can eat like poo poo, do nothing active, and still be thin. Not that you should, but you can.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

Helsing posted:

Between that and the extremely high entrance fee it seems prohibitive toward any candidate who doesn't already have a national profile, which means that unless somebody like Sid Ryan decides to run our only choices will be between a small handful of already well established MPs who were heavily influenced by the Layton / Mulcair era of tepid third way centrism.

Don't forget Avi Lewis/Naomi Klein lol

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

you sure seem mad about fat people.

the issue is that it is an easy rear end addiction to feed if you want to define it as such.
you go out and calorie filled food that won't sate your hunger is everywhere dirt cheap.

But somehow screaming at people generally doesn't work as a behavior changing mechanism.
Next, knowing whats in a muffin and having the restraint to not eat it anyways are 2 different things, education of food benefits will not fix this problem.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Anyhoo... Pipeline-related announcement any minute.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

St. Dogbert posted:

Prediciton: people will be furious.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

St. Dogbert posted:

this will be good

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Live here

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-cabinet-trudeau-pipeline-decisions-1.3872828

prepare to be angry for whatever reason.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Prediction: Armoured vehicle export permit granted to North Dakota.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Helsing posted:

Smart money is on Charlie Angus and I'm ok with that

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ocrumsprug posted:

Prediction: Armoured vehicle export permit granted to North Dakota.

Swat tank exchange program where the US and Canada each take out eachother's native people so they aren't technically breaking treaties.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Arabian Jesus posted:

From what I know about him we could do a hell of a lot worse than Angus. I just hope the party and it's major stakeholders are willing to pressure whomever wins to actually distinguish the party by running outside the third way straight jacket.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Also here's a live stream of Trudeau's pipeline announcement. It's about to start.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

gently caress you Trudeau, transmountain approved, you piece of poo poo. I'm going to protest the hell out of this loving thing you spineless sack of poo poo.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We getting pipelines

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress you Trudeau, transmountain approved, you piece of poo poo. I'm going to protest the hell out of this loving thing you spineless sack of poo poo.

See you on the front line.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Trudeau: trains dangerous as gently caress, solution: pipelines.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

I guess Elizabeth May is going to jail.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Arabian Jesus posted:

I understand Jagmeet seems to have more support, idk~

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Helsing posted:

I guess Elizabeth May is going to jail.

About drat time!

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Unfortunately the line 3 renewal will only bring good jobs; unlike transmountain which will bring middle class jobs

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

No Northern Gateway, thank loving GOD

e: and an official moratorium on west coast tanker traffic. I'm so loving happy about this I temporarily forgot about the loving kinder morgan pipeline

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

I understand Jagmeet seems to have more support, idk~

The ONDP need somebody in the wings for whenever we finally get rid of Andrea Horwath.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Reporter: "How do you reconcile the idea that only communities give permission when some of your own MPs have told you their constituencies don't support the Kinder Morgan Pipeline?"

Trudeau: "Well, really, we know what's best for those people, not them"

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
Fun fact: You can only get smaller (by today's standards) tankers into the Burnaby terminal. Panamax, if I recall correctly, holding 500,000 - 700,000 barrels, and they can only load to 80% capacity if they don't want to scrape the bottom getting out of the Second Narrows. Suezmax hold 1 million barrels and the Very Large Crude Carriers run at 2 million. It will be interesting to see what the makeup of the tanker fleet is by the time this pipeline is built and whether it really does open up more shipping to China or if economics have the Chinese getting their crude on VLCCs from somewhere else.

PM Selfie needs to expunge the terms "hard working" and "middle class" from his vocabulary. He's starting to sound like an AI badly in need of a reboot.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

No Northern Gateway, thank loving GOD

e: and an official moratorium on west coast tanker traffic. I'm so loving happy about this I temporarily forgot about the loving kinder morgan pipeline

So, two gently caress YOU TRUDEAUs and two THANK loving GODs. Evens out? Typical Liberal compromise?

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Don't be, I'm sure there will be exemptions available for that. See also: Nathan E. Stewart.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

St. Dogbert posted:

So, two gently caress YOU TRUDEAUs and two THANK loving GODs. Evens out? Typical Liberal compromise?

I'm not a "Liberal" and did not/have never voted for a Liberal candidate.

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I'll believe that moratorium is happening when it actually happens.