Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Daztek posted:

You forgot to bold

New setting to adjust aiming/ADS sensitivity separate from hipfire sensitivity.

Doesn't affect me at all but I think its a good thing!

These patch notes own except its still missing some grapple buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Daztek posted:

You forgot to bold

New setting to adjust aiming/ADS sensitivity separate from hipfire sensitivity.

Yeah I'm excited for this because the ADS sensitivity feels glacial.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I seriously cannot believe what a good patch, on paper, this is.

Proof is in the pudding...can't wait to try this out tonight.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Asked a ways back, but can someone show me some good Ronin play or offer tips?

I got my first Sword Core execution last night, but I desperately want to get better with Ronin since it's so much fun to play.

Also, Ion with a double dash is nearly as mobile and a lot of fun, once you figure out that you should ABL (Always Be Laserin') and avoid your spread shot unless you absolutely need to kill a pilot at range. Really, spread shot is pretty useless against anything other than AI; it just drains your energy to use mines, laser and vortex. Just use normal fire when laser is charging.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

a shameful boehner posted:

Really, spread shot is pretty useless against anything other than AI

It's good against pilots in a pinch, if your laser isn't up for some reason and they're not quite close enough to punch. But otherwise, it's not very good.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Wow, the first patch notes that actually addressed some serious concerns of players. I am actually more excited about the game with some of the suggested changes (assuming they turn out ok).

Good on Respawn.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Glad they buffed El Pinto Grande, but I'm not sure who wasn't already using Flatline.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Hardly anyone is using the Flatline on PS4, at least in the casual bracket I'm playing in.

loving EVERYBODY is using Cloak and Tone, though.

Well...not anymore. heh heh heh eheheheheeheh

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Flatline buffs mean loving everyone will use it.

Holopilot oddly untouched???

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I am devoted to the Devotion

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
Hopefully next patch will buff the terrible boosts - Holopilot Nova should have multiple charges like Ticks, Radar Jammer should do something else (disable battery theft indicators, last longer, disrupt friendly spectres?), and maybe switch A-Wall and Particle Wall (or make Particle Wall indestructible).

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Should replace holopilot with a friendly grunt disguise kit for hilarity of causing the enemy team to spycheck their own grunts.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I sure hope the Cloak change isn't a perma-disable because if it is, Cloak gets to join Holo on the list of tacticals to never pick.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

I sure hope the Cloak change isn't a perma-disable because if it is, Cloak gets to join Holo on the list of tacticals to never pick.

I assume executions and melee won't break cloak, so users will have to be a bit more clever with it rather than just turn it on and go. It's a good change.

Would have liked some more details on the Tone (hopefully) nerfs, though.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
does anyone know how the servers will know if you are someone who preordered? i redeemed the code they sent me for my preorder, will that get me early access to the new map?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sounds like you have to charge tones shot like Northstar and it's either a more powerful shot or 3 shots if you pick the perk?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

HyperPuma posted:

does anyone know how the servers will know if you are someone who preordered? i redeemed the code they sent me for my preorder, will that get me early access to the new map?

I was kind of wondering how this worked too, if I just got the digital deluxe edition before the game came out I assume I get access to the map early?

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
The one thing I would have liked to see included in those patch notes is a decrease in the reaper flood in late game attrition. Guess they can't fix everything with the first patch.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

It looks like it runs based on whether or not you installed the Nitro Scorch Pre-Order pack, which was a universal pre-order bonus everywhere.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Thank god for the fov slider on console.

Moving from BF1 into TF2 felt like my eyes were crossed or something.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
These patch notes are so good holy poo poo. Glad they nerfed the volt, cloak, and (hopefully :pray:) Tone

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Volt was no worse than Alternator :mad:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I just got within a match of unlocking the Volt too. Shows me for having a job.

Edit: glad about the ads sensitivity change. I hated how slow your aiming became that way

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I'm annoyed I don't get any pre-order bonuses cause I bought the game from GreenManGaming and they promised pre-order bonuses, were super late in giving out keys and then removed the part of the store page promising pre-order bonuses so I didn't get poo poo. :mad:

Skyscraper posted:

Oh, it's Titanfall? drat, knew I got the wrong game.

I could play Pilot vs Pilot (I've seen it on the menus, yes) but I enjoy pilot vs titan combat way more than pilot vs pilot.

Do you have any strategies I can use? If not, does anyone else?
I've had quite a bit of success in Attrition using enhanced auto-titan Scorch and actually supporting my titan when he's engaged. By that I mean don't just let your auto-titan do his thing while you do your thing but rather when he's fighting an enemy titan you want to be there as well plinking away with your anti-titan weapon or going for the rodeo. I've actually won plenty of fights with my auto-titan because I kept rodeoing the titan mine was fighting. Doesn't end too well when you encounter more than one titan at a time though, since auto-titans are pretty bad about backing away.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

If you're on PS4 I'll be planning on getting on tonight, grabbing my Happy Hour poo poo from Titanfall Dads if I make it in time, then joining the goon network and inviting everyone to play on Angel City 24/7. So if you have a PS4 and don't have a pre-order no worries, I'll be there to get you all in from around 9:15pm PST to around 11:00pm PST. I promise to invite everyone, every time.

Voice chat not necessary, no worries, just hop on and enjoy yourself.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I might be able to get on and would be down for some goonanigans . PS 4 name is DoctorCatHaver.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If you're on PS4 I'll be planning on getting on tonight, grabbing my Happy Hour poo poo from Titanfall Dads if I make it in time, then joining the goon network and inviting everyone to play on Angel City 24/7. So if you have a PS4 and don't have a pre-order no worries, I'll be there to get you all in from around 9:15pm PST to around 11:00pm PST. I promise to invite everyone, every time.

Voice chat not necessary, no worries, just hop on and enjoy yourself.

I'm up for some Titananigans tonight on PS4. PSN: BeefySwats

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Buried in the thread on Reddit are two changes that didn't make the patch notes:

As part of the Tone adjustments, Ronin's Phase Dash and Phase Reflex now removes Tone's Lock-On markers.

Additionally, Overcore was buffed because we fixed up some bugs in AI modes that were giving too much Core Meter from killing AI. We're also happy with how the change mixes up LTS kit choices.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5flb1v/angel_citys_most_wanted_the_patch_notes/dal5wsr/

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Both of those are in the patch notes

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Tone crutch players right now

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How do you access the store? I don't see it anywhere in the menus. I wanna play dress-up.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Insert name here posted:

I'm annoyed I don't get any pre-order bonuses cause I bought the game from GreenManGaming and they promised pre-order bonuses, were super late in giving out keys and then removed the part of the store page promising pre-order bonuses so I didn't get poo poo. :mad:

I've had quite a bit of success in Attrition using enhanced auto-titan Scorch and actually supporting my titan when he's engaged. By that I mean don't just let your auto-titan do his thing while you do your thing but rather when he's fighting an enemy titan you want to be there as well plinking away with your anti-titan weapon or going for the rodeo. I've actually won plenty of fights with my auto-titan because I kept rodeoing the titan mine was fighting. Doesn't end too well when you encounter more than one titan at a time though, since auto-titans are pretty bad about backing away.

Ah, I'll try that. I usually go for the flank, but that assumes my titan doesn't get melted before I can cover the distance.
Also, Is there a benefit to rodeoing friendly titans? Is it just for shoving batteries in and getting a place to jump off of?
Also Also, Is there a way to battery my titan without embarking?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Volt was fun, but I have to admit it let me spray and pray way too much. Welp, guess I'm using the CAR now, or maybe I'll go back to Alternator.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Buried in the thread on Reddit are two changes that didn't make the patch notes:

As part of the Tone adjustments, Ronin's Phase Dash and Phase Reflex now removes Tone's Lock-On markers.

Additionally, Overcore was buffed because we fixed up some bugs in AI modes that were giving too much Core Meter from killing AI. We're also happy with how the change mixes up LTS kit choices.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5flb1v/angel_citys_most_wanted_the_patch_notes/dal5wsr/

God yes, my ronin's sword is even more transfered right now!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Skyscraper posted:

Ah, I'll try that. I usually go for the flank, but that assumes my titan doesn't get melted before I can cover the distance.
Also, Is there a benefit to rodeoing friendly titans? Is it just for shoving batteries in and getting a place to jump off of?
Also Also, Is there a way to battery my titan without embarking?

if a pilot is rodeoing a titan, nobody else can also rodeo that titan. this is extremely confusing the first few times you try and rodeo a titan that has an enemy riding it

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Is this patch out now or is it coming with the DLC?

I just finished leveling the Volt. :( I guess I need to go back to the CAR or learn the R-97 now.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

s.i.r.e. posted:

How do you access the store? I don't see it anywhere in the menus. I wanna play dress-up.

Patch isn't out until 4:00pm PST.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Patch isn't out until 4:00pm PST.

Oh nice, 10 minutes.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The gently caress I bought this from amazon and they shipped me a box with a code

The gently caress is the point of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

The gently caress I bought this from amazon and they shipped me a box with a code

The gently caress is the point of that

I think that's how EA does it now.

I did a play test session with them, got a few free PC games and they were all DVD cases with Origin codes in them.