Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Supercontainer rate has dropped so far I don't think this will ever be relevant.

Anything that slightly maximizes a whale's chance of getting those ships (if they don't have them already) is probably enough for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ice Fist posted:

RIP Isokaze

All hail the overlord of T4 seal clubbing, the Clemson!

Honestly there are several good T4 ships. The Kuma is kinda good, the Wyoming and Kaiser are solid ships (the Myogi is utter garbage - even though I did find out that it can shoot out to 18km upgraded and 20+ with the plane up which I found insane for a T4 but the guns are so bad it doesn't really matter).

The guns are very good on the Myogi? It does 10k AP damage per shell, you don't get very many of them and they are not accurate at its frankly absurd maximum range but when you hit you really loving hit.

It speed, range, and agility make it very good at keeping range and taking out other BBs, and compared to say, the kaiser, where you spend hours plinking away at BBs for little effect with its pea shooters, it's a very welcome change.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Guess I'll just knock out the last 12k on the Iso today. Man I was really enjoying it :(

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Mind you, they will both still be decent ships. Just not the tier-busting superstar seal-clubbers they were before.

Meanwhile, the loving Mutsuki actually got ~-nerfed-~ going down to tier 5. You're stuck with the old C hull, which means two guns with a 5.5 second reload and an 18-second turret rotation. AND you're stuck with the 6km garbage torps.

What the hell were they thinking?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
They were thinking "Go up the other line chumps."

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Vengarr posted:

Mind you, they will both still be decent ships. Just not the tier-busting superstar seal-clubbers they were before.

Meanwhile, the loving Mutsuki actually got ~-nerfed-~ going down to tier 5. You're stuck with the old C hull, which means two guns with a 5.5 second reload and an 18-second turret rotation. AND you're stuck with the 6km garbage torps.

They liked the nickname "Mutsucki" and wanted it to remain relevant.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Vengarr posted:

No, they're not even decent ships any more. Or at the very least the Minekaze is utterly hosed. Isokaze might still be usable given it can only see up to T5 - though I'd compare it to the Myogi in terms of how it compares to its equivalents in other nations - but Minekaze stuck with those poo poo torpedoes while commonly getting uptiered to T7 means it's dead. Utterly, completely dead. With these changes, its torpedoes are the least damaging ones even in its own tier, let alone anything higher.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Lord Koth posted:

No, they're not even decent ships any more. Or at the very least the Minekaze is utterly hosed. Isokaze might still be usable given it can only see up to T5 - though I'd compare it to the Myogi in terms of how it compares to its equivalents in other nations - but Minekaze stuck with those poo poo torpedoes while commonly getting uptiered to T7 means it's dead. Utterly, completely dead. With these changes, its torpedoes are the least damaging ones even in its own tier, let alone anything higher.

The damage is less important than the reduced torp speed. A full spread hitting will still wreck people at tier, it's just a lot harder to hit now.

Even the Nagato or Colorado will wince eating 3-4 torps. You just won't be terrorizing them anymore like you can now.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I am loving the Izumo. I love the gimmickry, I love the secondaries.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

OwlFancier posted:

The guns are very good on the Myogi? It does 10k AP damage per shell, you don't get very many of them and they are not accurate at its frankly absurd maximum range but when you hit you really loving hit.

It speed, range, and agility make it very good at keeping range and taking out other BBs, and compared to say, the kaiser, where you spend hours plinking away at BBs for little effect with its pea shooters, it's a very welcome change.

The Kaiser and Konig are both excellent and their main armament I feel is extremely underappreciated. Pea shooters? Lol:

These ships are pub stompers. I'll take either of those over the anemic six guns in a frankly horrible configuration that is the Myogi.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Wow, those low-tier IJN DD Nerfs. :negative: I'm not sure what WG was thinking with those. Don't they have supertesters for this stuff? 80% of this thread would probably say "too much." Or are all the supertesters mouthbreathers?

The new MM should bring back the 10km torpedoes on the Minekaze. I'm glad I ground up to the Shitsuharu; not too far off from the Fubuki on the old line. I think my DD preference is USN -> VMF -> IJN. 5.8km concealment plus 20k hp plus 10km torpedoes makes the Fletcher a very fun boat.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Last night my Molotov was set on fire and killed by a Mutsuki. These are surely end times.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

MoraleHazard posted:

I'm not sure what WG was thinking with those.

Maybe BB players spend more money on the game. :tinfoil:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ice Fist posted:

The Kaiser and Konig are both excellent and their main armament I feel is extremely underappreciated. Pea shooters? Lol:

These ships are pub stompers. I'll take either of those over the anemic six guns in a frankly horrible configuration that is the Myogi.

The kaiser and konig have very easy to use guns, they're very good at taking out smaller ships for example, and their velocity and volume of fire helps with this greatly, the konig in particular synergizes well with its secondary armament, and yes they can certainly win against a battleship by virtue of being very tough and volume of fire, but individually their guns are rather poor against battleship grade armour.

Whereas the Myogi's guns will hurt what you hit with them. Actually landing a hit is harder but when you do, you know about it.

I prefer the konig overall for its versatility through durability, great secondaries for its class, and turret layout, but the Myogi is certainly a nice change when you switch back to it and knock a few thousand off an enemy BB from the other side of the map.

There is simply no other gun that comes close to the ones on Myogi at that tier. It hits like a truck, of all the things to dislike about it the guns are just not one of them, except possibly the layout, but even that affords a better range of fire than the Kaiser does.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 29, 2016

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

OwlFancier posted:

The kaiser and konig have very easy to use guns, they're very good at taking out smaller ships for example, and their velocity and volume of fire helps with this greatly, the konig in particular synergizes well with its secondary armament, and yes they can certainly win against a battleship by virtue of being very tough and volume of fire, but individually their guns are rather poor against battleship grade armour.

Whereas the Myogi's guns will hurt what you hit with them. Actually landing a hit is harder but when you do, you know about it.

I prefer the konig overall for its versatility through durability, great secondaries for its class, and turret layout, but the Myogi is certainly a nice change when you switch back to it and knock a few thousand off an enemy BB from the other side of the map.

There is simply no other gun that comes close to the ones on Myogi at that tier. It hits like a truck, of all the things to dislike about it the guns are just not one of them, except possibly the layout, but even that affords a better range of fire than the Kaiser does.

The Myogi is just way too inaccurate for what it wants to be (a poor man's Kongo). The layout is bad and really wants you to show broadside when you are the squishiest T4 BB by far.

Meanwhile the Kaiser can go bow-on and still shoot six barrels, which is ballin as hell. And the guns are super-awesome at their optimal range (read: point blank).

I do prefer the Myogi over the Wyoming though. For some reason I really sucked with that ship.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 29, 2016

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It does work a lot better running away than forwards it's true, but its speed also favors that.

Certainly if you want to use it at absolute max range it's a crapshoot but at closer ranges it's quite accurate enough, and it's reliable too, as i said you're guaranteed significant damage basically.

It's a rather specifically useful ship and again I prefer the konig because of that, but I certainly like the myogi, as a tradeoff between it and the kaiser I'm not sure which I'd rather have.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Ultimately we're talking about T4 BBs here. You won't spend enough time in them for it to even matter much (even Flamu doesn't do commentaries on the T4 BBs for that very reason and considers low-tier to be T5/6)

Still. Since we're talking about personal preference I think the Myogi is easily the weakest of the three. Too squishy, too few guns, and a lovely turret configuration. The Wyoming is actually the least accurate, and is slow, but it is extremely agile and has a 10 gun broadside. The Kaiser is the best of the bunch for the kind of game WoWS is.

In other news since I took the time to glance at my stats, something I haven't done in a loooong time I was surprised to see that my NC stats weren't nearly as bad as I thought. With all the misery that ship has brought me and the T10 games where I get crapped on by Yamatos and do 30-40k damage I thought for sure I my stats would be worse.

Edit: Consider that the Myogi and the Gneisenau both have six gun broadsides and the same vertical dispersion you could consider the Myogi to be good practice for shooting the Gneisenau's main armament, in another tree, three tiers ahead :shepface:

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

Don't they have supertesters for this stuff? 80% of this thread would probably say "too much." Or are all the supertesters mouthbreathers?

:wave:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Akatsuki and Shiratsuyu are totally backwards

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

Wow, those low-tier IJN DD Nerfs. :negative: I'm not sure what WG was thinking with those. Don't they have supertesters for this stuff? 80% of this thread would probably say "too much." Or are all the supertesters mouthbreathers?

The new MM should bring back the 10km torpedoes on the Minekaze. I'm glad I ground up to the Shitsuharu; not too far off from the Fubuki on the old line. I think my DD preference is USN -> VMF -> IJN. 5.8km concealment plus 20k hp plus 10km torpedoes makes the Fletcher a very fun boat.

Yeah these changes were squarely aimed at cutting down on Isokaze and Minekaze seal clubbers, but they really screw over anyone trying to advance up the line through those ships. The thing is that the real dedicated seal clubbers already have either the Kamikaze R or the Fujin or both and those aren't getting touched because they're premium ships.

All I have to say about that is this:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The Fujin is completely and utterly bonkers. I just got stomped by one. Badly. It had Kraken on my death and went on to murder a couple more people.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 29, 2016

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I've always said Clemson was better. :smugdog:

Not particularly pleased with even more torpedo nerfs. I get more torpedo hits with USN DDs than IJN ones though.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Ran into a Flint today. Figured our team was going to get trashed. Turns out the Flint player was real bad. Check out AirborneSamurai Proof that if you fail hard enough for long enough you to can get special ships.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Ran into a Flint today. Figured our team was going to get trashed. Turns out the Flint player was real bad. Check out AirborneSamurai Proof that if you fail hard enough for long enough you to can get special ships.

yeah i remember that guy from ranked

he gets really mad if you dont follow him straight into the cap 30 seconds in (he is usually in an amagi)

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Had 2 CV games ina row now where my allied CV buddy was afk for the whole game. That makes for a rough time.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Update: the Izumo fuckin rules.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's so drat ugly-looking though.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Update: the Izumo fuckin rules.

It's sort of OK, but it's slow and it can't shoot behind itself.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

I just thought the logic was because Akatsuki and Shiratsuyu are upgraded Fubuki and Hatsuharu. and it seems pointless to try to dichotomize the two lines as torp and gun boats.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

wdarkk posted:

It's sort of OK, but it's slow and it can't shoot behind itself.

Only cowards have the enemy behind them.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Gearhead posted:

The Fujin is completely and utterly bonkers. I just got stomped by one. Badly. It had Kraken on my death and went on to murder a couple more people.

I've never been singled out more in a ship when driving a Fujin. Like everyone gets a memo to kill me at all costs. I've had 2 carriers worth of planes chasing me around the map that I couldn't do anything about.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Space Flower posted:

I just thought the logic was because Akatsuki and Shiratsuyu are upgraded Fubuki and Hatsuharu. and it seems pointless to try to dichotomize the two lines as torp and gun boats.

That's fair. But the Akizuki is a pure gunboat, and it's at the end of that line, which is why everyone assumed that one was going to be the "gunboat line".

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Akizuki will probably be very decent despite the questionable HE, but without a tier 10 in the line I don't think we'll see too many of them after the new ship shininess wears off.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

CitizenKain posted:

I've never been singled out more in a ship when driving a Fujin. Like everyone gets a memo to kill me at all costs. I've had 2 carriers worth of planes chasing me around the map that I couldn't do anything about.

It's a technicolor deathwagon.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

People might want to reread that update. While Akizuki is currently the end ship, they actually explicitly say they'll be adding a T9-10 to the line at some point. Probably the proposed Super Akizuki and something else.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Captured kebab.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Ice Fist posted:

RIP Isokaze

All hail the overlord of T4 seal clubbing, the Clemson!

Honestly there are several good T4 ships. The Kuma is kinda good, the Wyoming and Kaiser are solid ships (the Myogi is utter garbage - even though I did find out that it can shoot out to 18km upgraded and 20+ with the plane up which I found insane for a T4 but the guns are so bad it doesn't really matter).

quote:

The Kuma is kinda good
I think you misspelled "godlike"

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Lord Koth posted:

People might want to reread that update. While Akizuki is currently the end ship, they actually explicitly say they'll be adding a T9-10 to the line at some point. Probably the proposed Super Akizuki and something else.

their endgame is Yuudachi Kai Ni.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

I think you misspelled "godlike"

Honest mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Lord Koth posted:

The thing is, without one explicitly in the line up, the motivation for pure grinders is low. Unless people enjoy just playing the Akizuki past 200k grind, it will probably be an uncommon ship to see until the tier 9 and 10 are in. That said, I will probably keep it and play it somewhat often.