Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I will literally kill myself if my deluxe box doesn't arrive today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

The Machine posted:

I will literally kill myself if my deluxe box doesn't arrive today.
Mine hasn't even shipped yet, despite amazon customer service insistence

I'm trying to embrace calmness

namaste

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's actually the worst cause it's the most boring D&D campaign made.

Still amazed Gygax didn't sue Squaresoft considering how much is lifted from D&D.

Although what campaign did you play where the villain concocted a plan where he is immortal through timeloop fuckery and pretending to be killed by the heroes right at the start of the adventure?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

zedprime posted:

Everybody likes to point at 15 and the quote about how its an existential threat if it doesn't sell but by most accounting everything has mostly been paid for by the games actually coming out. So the only existential threat is to the cushy director and producer jobs in the Square studio which seem beholden to no project management at all.

How cool would it be if in the future Final Fantasy had to be made like every other video game and not take a decade of Frankensteining failed or changing projects together? This will only happen if you do not buy FF15 though...

FFXV could completely bomb and SE would survive it as long as FFXIV's numbers remain strong, to say nothing of other releases that've been profitable.

FFXVI would probably be a freemium mobile game though.

Kanfy posted:

It's "Girugamesshu" which flows pretty well even in Japanese.

That said shortening long words and giving everything a nickname is pretty much how they do things anyway.

Why it's almost as if Hildibrand is a giant doofus. :monocle:

Nina posted:

I paid 10€ more to switch to a close by retailer to get it on launch day but nope.

Remind me to never rely on online orders for new games

The best is getting hosed by digital preorders. When Saint's Row 3 came out if you ordered directly from the developer they didn't send you the Steam code until 12PM PST. Even though people who bought through Steam (or elsewhere) could be preloaded and play at midnight EST or so. Getting physical games for release day via online retailers like Amazon has always been a crapshoot and varied from "hey I got it X days early" to "what the gently caress it's not shipping until release date now?"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's actually the worst cause it's the most boring D&D campaign made.

Pool of Radiance II (among others) says otherwise.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
I bought the digital pre-order edition with season pass whateverthefuck from the PS store and am stuck working the next several nights so won't play it

:owned:

I can keep playing WoFF on my Vita in the meantime while travelling tho so I can avoid the hyperbole of threatening to end my life

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

Yes. It's also why you fight Vanille's Eidolon with only two party members - the encounter cutscene was designed with only Vanille and Fang and they forced the gameplay to match.

I always thought that part seemed pretty jarring and out-of-place.

It's part of why I have never liked Fang. You know, besides the whole trying way too hard to be "cool."

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

How necessary is the day one patch? My internet is slow as poo poo right now and I just want to play the game. :(

varlet
Feb 10, 2010

I would use every crayon in my box

ROFL Octopus posted:

How necessary is the day one patch? My internet is slow as poo poo right now and I just want to play the game. :(

I don't think you need it to play the game. Play away :)

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

varlet posted:

I don't think you need it to play the game. Play away :)

Awesome, thanks!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I can absolutely confirm you can start the game with only 1.00.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I don't know if my game is bugging out but the water effects at the ferry area are looking like hot garbage. It stands out because everything else about the game is really nice-looking.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

bloodychill posted:

I don't know if my game is bugging out but the water effects at the ferry area are looking like hot garbage. It stands out because everything else about the game is really nice-looking.

Watch the reflection as you approach the restaurant from the bridge, it's really fucky. :laugh:

I can't bring myself to care though, I'm having too much fun.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

bloodychill posted:

Chemical Plant Zone Act 2

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

kirbysuperstar posted:

So romantic!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

bloodychill posted:

So romantic!

Well, the music's great, at least.

(I'll never get modern Sonic fans, but the Genesis games had excellent tracks.)

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
That's a nice FFVI reference they got there.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
My FFXV experience so far: falling asleep watching Kingsglaive while waiting for the game to patch.

Movie is totally ok.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I fell asleep looking at the new leveling sphere grid type thing and woke up to the music going

It gave me hardcore nostalgia because I remember frequently falling asleep to the FFX sphere grid too

This is a good FF game

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

Is there a way to make a custom playlist of songs for the car? I didn't get a chance to look into it much while I was noodling around last night, but it seems like an obvious feature...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not unless it's an upgrade you get later, your only options are play, repeat or shuffle.
And off I guess.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

kirbysuperstar posted:

Got this bug while playing the JD demo. Also another one where light sources would suddenly ramp up to max intensity and the screen would be completely covered in pink or green light.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The plot of Final Fantasy Threatrhythm makes no sense. What the gently caress is Rhyme Kompression.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

The plot of Final Fantasy Threatrhythm makes no sense. What the gently caress is Rhyme Kompression.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I fell asleep looking at the new leveling sphere grid type thing and woke up to the music going

It gave me hardcore nostalgia because I remember frequently falling asleep to the FFX sphere grid too

This is a good FF game

Yeah I don't get the criticism of Kingsglaive, the plot made sense to me and the action scenes were well done for the most part. Some of the facial animation would have benefited from more passes on refinement but that was probably the only thing that really bugged me.

Watch it like it's the first movie of a trilogy and the relatively inconclusive ending works totally fine.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It got a bad rap from movie critics because it is an 80 minute advertisement for a video game series that movie people have no clue exists or care about.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's what happens to Rhyme in week two of The World Ends With You.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

anyone have weird audio issues? sometimes while cruising in the car the guys look like they are talking to each other as normal but all I can hear is engine noise. then after stopping and getting back in I can hear them again

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Augus posted:

Got this bug while playing the JD demo. Also another one where light sources would suddenly ramp up to max intensity and the screen would be completely covered in pink or green light.

Got that bug last night before installing the patch. Patching seems to have fixed a lot of the bugs I was getting, but I'm waiting for something else dumb to happen.

E; I assumed the noiseless chatter in the car was just an idle animation for the characters.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Earwicker posted:

anyone have weird audio issues? sometimes while cruising in the car the guys look like they are talking to each other as normal but all I can hear is engine noise. then after stopping and getting back in I can hear them again

I've seen that a lot, but seeing as there are no subtitles coming up I assumed it was a matter of them not writing a million lines of them making idle chit-chat and just making it look like they were talking, thereby leaving it to our imaginations to come up with what they're talking about.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

In Training posted:

It got a bad rap from movie critics because it is an 80 minute advertisement for a video game series that movie people have no clue exists or care about.

Not for nothing but that movie is nearly 2 drat hours long.

It's also OK.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Evne hardcore FF fans think it's a bad movie. Fun, but bad.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
It's not a good movie but it's a decent intro to FF15.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Tae posted:

Evne hardcore FF fans think it's a bad movie. Fun, but bad.

its good

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
There's no such thing as a good Final Fantasy movie. They range from "this is ok fan service" to "this drove a company to financial ruin."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Evil Fluffy posted:

There's no such thing as a good Final Fantasy movie. They range from "this is ok fan service" to "this drove a company to financial ruin."
But enough about Final Fantasy XIII.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I watched Kingsglaive today, it was okay but it didn't feel like it added anything to the plot of the game at all (at least so far), and all the non-action bits were incredibly boring.

Now Brotherhood, on the other hand. Prompto :3:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

I think Spirits Within gets an unfair rap

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

In Training posted:

I agree. I actually really liked it and it has a pretty decent story if you actually give it a chance and get invested in it. And I think the characters and designs look cool.

Like its obviously not perfect but it is a pretty decent movie, really. And the CG is a bit dated but for its time it looked really good, and still holds up okay though not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

In Training posted:

Probably the most interesting thing about it is that they were going to reuse the main character in other projects, as the first "digitized actress" of sorts, but, well... you can see how her career went :v: