Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

MrSlam posted:

Gremlins > Goblins (Trolls) > Critters = Killer Tomatoes > Ghoulies > CHUDs > Munchie

i'd go

Gremlins > Critters > Killer Tomatoes > Goblins (Trolls) > CHUDs > Ghoulies > Munchie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What was the one with a terrifying little yeti?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
To Catch A Yeti!

Starring Meatloaf as Big Jake Grizzly

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 23, 2016

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

MrSlam posted:

To Catch A Yeti!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGuJVKPtnEU&t=5105s

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

MrSlam posted:

Gremlins > Goblins (Trolls) > Critters = Killer Tomatoes > Ghoulies > CHUDs > Munchie

Oh gently caress no, CHUD is right after Gremlins.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

MrSlam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KXL3SegD0E

RIP :smith:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0fhewrzBRM

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

He lives on through his accidental gay armpit children.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Oh poo poo.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I was looking at MST3K stuff and apparently Gilchrist has been doing some restorations of KTMA stuff. I suppose there are parallels to be found between these unrelated crews. Both have given me lots of laughs and a false sense of friendship anyway.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i love mst3k a shitton and grew up watching it, and it informed a lot of how i looked at movies and my sense of humor and even i can't stand to watch the ktma episodes. more power to him for doing that though i guess.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Yeah, my copy showed up today as well. I have to get a bunch of people together for a viewing party now.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Why they gotta ruin a perfectly good Neil Breen viewing party by inviting Max Landis?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress I need that. All I want for Christmas is Breen.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MrSlam posted:

To Catch A Yeti!

Not satisfied with the damage he did to music he decided to branch out.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Cubey posted:

i love mst3k a shitton and grew up watching it, and it informed a lot of how i looked at movies and my sense of humor and even i can't stand to watch the ktma episodes. more power to him for doing that though i guess.

Yeah that's basically how I feel about it. For what it was, it will always have that little special place in my heart :unsmith:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I watched one of the ktmas that just came out finally and didnt hate it. They are definitely rough and a little dull but its neat anyway I guess.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The KTMA and season 1 episodes of MST3K are a rough watch. I keep trying them because I still haven't watched most of 'em but they are so dry and boring compared to the rest.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
If Pass Thru (its not even loving spelled right) is half as incompetant and incoherant as Double Down we're in for a treat. Guarantee the "Thru" spelling will have no explanation. I also wonder about the people at his viewing parties. Like, they must be there 100% ironically right? No way this guy attracts legit fans?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

The Archaic posted:

If Pass Thru (its not even loving spelled right) is half as incompetant and incoherant as Double Down we're in for a treat. Guarantee the "Thru" spelling will have no explanation. I also wonder about the people at his viewing parties. Like, they must be there 100% ironically right? No way this guy attracts legit fans?

I saw it at a packed 1-show-only viewing at a theater here in Portland. 100% absolutely everyone there was there ironically just to be entertained by a movie bad enough to be good again. And it was genuinely good in that sense. It was glorious, honestly.

They never explain the "thru" spelling but The "thru" plot point in the movie is that he can walk through a rock near where his rotting trailer home is in the desert and get teleported to a hill with a badly-Photoshopped tiger on it.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

loving :lol: I assumed it would be an acronym or something. That's way better.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

The Archaic posted:

Guarantee the "Thru" spelling will have no explanation.

By eliminating the 'o' 'g' and 'h' from Through, Neil Breen was able to save tens of dollars on his ink fund.

Have you taken the Kodak printer challenge?

-:member:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Have you guys never heard through spelled as thru? Have you even been to a drive-through? Not even chrome's spellcheck, which is utter garbage, has a problem with thru.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
"Thru" is such a common shorthand that it's practically an accepted alternate spelling at this point.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Sure but to use it in the title of your magnum opus without any explanation or context behind it in the movie is baffling. Like Geteven.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I thought his name was Geteven.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
pass thruff.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And much. much. more

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

MrSlam posted:

And much. much. more

loving lmao at Jay and Rich's face

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

loving lmao at Jay and Rich's face

Mike and Rich are spot on but Jack and Jay look pretty lovely.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think they're all pretty spot on except for Jack who should be paler, skinnier, and more AIDS-like.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

MrSlam posted:

And much. much. more

Jack doesn't belong there.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
http://4reals.net/newstoo-old-to-be-living-with-your-parents-shocking/

rich evans owned by a lovely clickbait listicle^

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

naem
May 29, 2011

red letter medium makes me feel nice like I have, friend

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

lohli posted:

Mike and Rich are spot on but Jack and Jay look pretty lovely.

Jack's face reminds me of the penis monster from The Item.

Therefore Jack looks the best.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gremlins 2 was goofy stupid fun but I think they dropped the ball by adding a whole bunch of mutant gremlins instead of saving them for a third movie. They could've just put one or two in as a subplot, maybe a tree gremlin that gets roasted at the end but not before some of the seeds get saved by a military scientist. Just keep it on the level where it would've been the Dawn of the Dead to Gremlins' Night of the Living Dead and then drop all kinds of weird gremlins in a third.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

MrSlam posted:

And much. much. more

Jack is a tumour on Rich's back, harsh commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I like that they drew Jack as the smug douchebag that always talks about Macs.

• Locked thread