Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

im still waiting for more chaos picks like flynn and bannon this standard republican monster brigade is pretty boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
While realpolitik as hell, it was a ban on flag-burning for the purpose of inciting violence or breaching the peace, in an attempt to send the issue back to the Supreme Court,rather than see a constitutional amendment banning it outright get passed, which it nearly did the next year.

This equivocating bullshit is what cost Hillary the election.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Was stupid and bad then, still stupid and bad now.

Serf
May 5, 2011

quick, somebody photoshop some aviators onto Karl Marx with the tagline "capitalism is a disease. meet the cure" a la Cobra

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

While realpolitik as hell, it was a ban on flag-burning for the purpose of inciting violence or breaching the peace, in an attempt to send the issue back to the Supreme Court,rather than see a constitutional amendment banning it outright get passed, which it nearly did the next year.

wikipedia also says it would've covered flag burning for a terrorism

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Really love so many people reacting to this election with "capitalism bad, communism now!". Yeah. That's not gonna win any elections, good luck with all that.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

Really love so many people reacting to this election with "capitalism bad, communism now!". Yeah. That's not gonna win any elections, good luck with all that.

ur face isnt gonna win elections

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

fits my needs posted:

It's like all anyone can do is try to live their life and smoke more weed

I can relate to this philosophy!

Serf
May 5, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

says who

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

BREAKING: Trump's new Secretary of the Interior spotted traveling to Washington:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/803719977102667776

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Can't for when Trump gets rid of all the corruption and fraud in the USA.

He'll make it all legal, that way it won't be fraud anymore.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

MaxxBot posted:

I can relate to this philosophy!

even if i want to smoke less weed i gotta get more weed

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

wikipedia also says it would've covered flag burning for a terrorism
The text of the bill makes no mention of terrorism.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Elderly will be a preexisting condition under TrumpCare

If the ACA is repealed, I personally am hosed until I reach age for Medicare and if the Republicans get their way, I'm hosed until my premature death from lack of medical care. What a glorious election this was.

I don't think I'm alone in this future sceanario, I'm just informed enough to understand it.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Serf posted:

between global warming, the existential threat of nuclear weapons, technological calamity and plain old conflict, I gotta admit that the deck seems stacked against us precisely because of the thing that made us dominant. we have a whole lotta brainpower, but we seem incapable of focusing on the big picture or the long term, probably as a result of needing more immediate problem-solving capabilities in the struggle for survival. it is a winning strategy in the short term, but it doesn't seem like it will win out in the end. we hosed up a lot, and now that we seem to understand how much we hosed up we're probably too far gone to save ourselves or we can't reach a critical mass of willing people who will focus on solving the problems at hand.

no matter how it plays out, it will be fascinating as hell to see happen.
How long will you last on mushrooms, multivitamins and pork? Surrender, Homo sapiens! You are no longer the king of nature! You've been dethroned! No, you don't have to die instantly, nobody will insist on that. Crawl a little more in agony, choking on your own excrement... But know this, Homo sapiens: you are obsolete!

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

Dang I really want to win an election. What should I post in the SA forums to win an election?

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

RandomBlue posted:

communism from below

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

A lot of flags being burnt in Tennessee right now.

Watch Trump try to deport La Niña.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Augus posted:

Can't for when Trump gets rid of all the corruption and fraud in the USA.

He'll make it all legal, that way it won't be fraud anymore.

EVERYBODY is talkin' these days about Trump men growin' rich on graft, but nobody thinks of drawin' the distinction between honest graft and dishonest graft. There's all the difference in the world between the two.

Yes, many of our men have grown rich in politics. I have myself. I've made a big fortune out of the game, and I'm gettin' richer every day, but I've not gone in for dishonest graft - blackmailin' gamblers, saloonkeepers, disorderly people, etc. - and neither has any of the men who have made big fortunes in politics.

There's an honest graft, and I'm an example of how it works. I might sum up the whole thing by sayin': "I seen my opportunities and I took 'em."

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The text of the bill makes no mention of terrorism.

some good stuff in there tho

i like how they acknowledge that

quote:

(3) abuse of the flag of the United States causes more than pain and distress to the overwhelming majority of the American people

lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

radical meme posted:

If the ACA is repealed, I personally am hosed until I reach age for Medicare and if the Republicans get their way, I'm hosed until my premature death from lack of medical care. What a glorious election this was.

I don't think I'm alone in this future sceanario, I'm just informed enough to understand it.

I dunno, Carousel probably isn't that bad :shrug:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ah ha, flag burning laws, a new reason to hate Hillary Clinton! Surely this extremely novel thing will give the Trump thread where they call her a retard all day some pause.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Ah ha, flag burning laws, a new reason to hate Hillary Clinton! Surely this extremely novel thing will give the Trump thread where they call her a retard all day some pause.

this thread has a lot of "MY ABUELA" bullshit to atone for.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Trump will actually pass the flag burning bad amendment, once again proving that Hillary was a very bad ineffective politician.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it was this thread and this thread alone, the former election day thread, that caused all your pain and suffering

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Oiled and Ready posted:

More like it's easier to believe 17 dumbfuck terrorists got past the CIA, FBI, air traffic control, NORAD and the FAA for 4 hours and then took down 3 skyscrapers with 2 airplanes after no steel buildings have ever collapsed from fire than it is to question the nature of reality and reject the official narrative

this unironically

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

logikv9 posted:

it was this thread and this thread alone, the former election day thread, that caused all your pain and suffering

As I have inherited my father's alcoholism, so too does this thread carry the sins of trump threads past.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

logikv9 posted:

just lol if you think the suffering has truly started

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

some good stuff in there tho

i like how they acknowledge that

lol

Ifn you don't feel a flag burning in your gut you might be missing the special patriotic appendix all real Americans have

Mandatory surgical inspections begin on Monday.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/803743509199130625

swamp thing~~~~~~~~~~~

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trump will make the next season of Westworld make more sense.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

when your subforum is in ashes, then you have my permission to die

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8RhaL7EMpE

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
And in any case, even IF I grant you that Hillary wants to make flag burning for political expression illegal, which I loving don't, the President-Elect merely suggesting that the punishment for flag burning be loss of citizenship makes the "both sides" argument COMPLETELY loving irrelevant. That there is not a nationwide outcry against this is loving horrifying to me. I don't care that it won't happen (it could), I care that he said it and now it's in our discourse. Anything he says no matter how horrible is instantly normalized.

I'm so loving scared.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

it's loving weird how some people act like burning the flag is literally setting every veteran that has ever served on fire.

and how we're not allowed to say it's hosed up that the US kills a lot of people and maybe that's not a good thing. we need Henry Wallace back.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

comingafteryouall posted:

it's loving weird how some people act like burning the flag is literally setting every veteran that has ever served on fire.

and how we're not allowed to say it's hosed up that the US kills a lot of people and maybe that's not a good thing. we need Henry Wallace back.
ever since vietnam the people who flag burn care more about vets than the people who :qq: about flag burning, especially the people who use the vets as a stick to beat the other camp with

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

u dont kno how true this is!!!!!!!!!!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

once the flag burning ammendment passes im making a killing on all these american flag misprints im holding... looks like the real thing when it's burning, but they're all missing a stripe

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Spoondick posted:

once the flag burning ammendment passes im making a killing on all these american flag misprints im holding... looks like the real thing when it's burning, but they're all missing a stripe

knock-off american flags where the stars are T-shaped, fit for burning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

And in any case, even IF I grant you that Hillary wants to make flag burning for political expression illegal, which I loving don't, the President-Elect merely suggesting that the punishment for flag burning be loss of citizenship makes the "both sides" argument COMPLETELY loving irrelevant. That there is not a nationwide outcry against this is loving horrifying to me. I don't care that it won't happen (it could), I care that he said it and now it's in our discourse. Anything he says no matter how horrible is instantly normalized.

I'm so loving scared.

Yes but are you literally shaking

• Locked thread