Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Fuzz posted:

I'm just glad I got the full set of the exp armor. That was the one must have thing from DvL, and if you missed out on it that really sucks for you because that set is stupidly hilarious for making alts.

Not to mention the grind to 70. Which already seems like it's gonna be rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

2/3 of the armor set gets you 80% of the full bonus so if you got that far, hey, not bad. At least that's what I'm telling myself since my internet went out last night with five hours and two achievements to go :cry:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man, chapter 2 ends so freaking satisfying.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

McSpanky posted:

2/3 of the armor set gets you 80% of the full bonus so if you got that far, hey, not bad. At least that's what I'm telling myself since my internet went out last night with five hours and two achievements to go :cry:

:smith: :hf: :smith:

Oh god it's been going since June, how'd I only find out near the end

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Fuzz posted:

I'm just glad I got the full set of the exp armor. That was the one must have thing from DvL, and if you missed out on it that really sucks for you because that set is stupidly hilarious for making alts.
If you ground enough DvL stuff to get this why would you need more alts?

I admit I didn't bother with the event myself since I already had one character of each class from the big bonus XP event during the leadup to KotFE, and I wasn't doing all that again. :effort:

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Dely Apple posted:

:smith: :hf: :smith:

Oh god it's been going since June, how'd I only find out near the end

My internet went out too during the Heroics I was running with goons. Thank god for LTE Tethering. (Even more puzzling, the Lag seemed to be better on Sprint LTE vs my Microwave Wan... wtf?)

It seems lately the internet or power at my place is on a hair trigger for the smallest breeze or raindrops anywhere within 10nm.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DAMMIT BIOFAIL MAKING ME CHOOSE AN ADVANCED CLASS, MY IMPERIAL AGENT WAS HAPPY AT 65

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
As usual, Bioware introduces the most weird-rear end bugs. Now the final fight of chapter 16 is unfinishable because the debuff that sticks you in place doesn't' drop when you put the shield up. Great job, I just wanted to get my Agent caught up!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

DAMMIT BIOFAIL MAKING ME CHOOSE AN ADVANCED CLASS, MY IMPERIAL AGENT WAS HAPPY AT 65

I was wondering how long it would take you to notice that bit of the patch notes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

I was wondering how long it would take you to notice that bit of the patch notes.

I read about choosing the advanced class, but in the dev stream they said it would just be a nag screen. Oh well

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Oh hey it says I can click the Episode 1 and.... Subscribers only? I am subscribed! This Early Access thing is not for me apparently.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dely Apple posted:

Oh hey it says I can click the Episode 1 and.... Subscribers only? I am subscribed! This Early Access thing is not for me apparently.

It's a known bug, you should be able to click past it.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Medullah posted:

It's a known bug, you should be able to click past it.

I'm not seeing how, when I click where it would say Play or Generate Mission it just pops this dumb box up. Subscribe just opens the Subscribe window in Chrome, the other one does nada. Then it closes everything and back to square one.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dely Apple posted:

I'm not seeing how, when I click where it would say Play or Generate Mission it just pops this dumb box up. Subscribe just opens the Subscribe window in Chrome, the other one does nada. Then it closes everything and back to square one.

You were subscribed from 10/25 to 11/27, right?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

It seems like a few more people than I am are having this issue and gave bags of money. Which means it truly is patch day! Ho ho ho.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Dely Apple posted:

it truly is patch day! Ho ho ho.

The most joyous of days!

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Man do I really dislike the new menu bar. Drop-downs are :effort:.

It was a really neat surprise in the middle of a WZ to find that the new menu hotkeys overwrote my hotkeys.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Man do I really dislike the new menu bar. Drop-downs are :effort:.

It was a really neat surprise in the middle of a WZ to find that the new menu hotkeys overwrote my hotkeys.

That's what you get for being a keybinding luddite and not using a Naga.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Medullah posted:

Medullah gets bitcoins every time he mentions a Razer product.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

Medullah gets bitcoins every time he mentions a Razer product.

I don't know what you're talking about, I'm completely neutral. Just because I use a Razer Naga while I'm eating some delicious Dorito chips that truly satisfy my need for hunger, all while drinking a refreshing Red Bull to keep me going, doesn't mean I'm a corporate shill!

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I do use a Naga....I'm no masochist. I also use keyboard hotkeys so I don't have to use shift or ctrl modifiers for in-combat abilities. :colbert:

Also my core keyboard rotation is pretty much burned into my brain from the days before Nagas were a thing.

Edit: Getting to see Voss burn is a great start to KOTET in my book.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Anyone else finding their companion lags behind whenever they run somewhere? Or is Jaesa just being dificult because *evil*.

New Ravage is a poor replacement.

Was I supposed to get credits for all the crystals that have disappeared?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

sassassin posted:

Anyone else finding their companion lags behind whenever they run somewhere? Or is Jaesa just being dificult because *evil*.

New Ravage is a poor replacement.

Was I supposed to get credits for all the crystals that have disappeared?

While it's not been a consistent thing, I've had companions suddenly decide to get cold feet and not follow me when crossing a room. I just dismiss/summon to fix them up. As far as the credits for crystals go, those should get sent out on friday.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I do use a Naga....I'm no masochist. I also use keyboard hotkeys so I don't have to use shift or ctrl modifiers for in-combat abilities. :colbert:

Also my core keyboard rotation is pretty much burned into my brain from the days before Nagas were a thing.

Edit: Getting to see Voss burn is a great start to KOTET in my book.

One thing I noticed about that they mentioned how much easier it was since I took out the Star Fortress above. I wonder how many more mobs there would have been if I hadn't? Or if it was just a throwaway.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
fyi this is why you dont play on patch days

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

New expansion spoiler: i'm gay.

This expansion owns.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The facial changes are obvious, but not very major. The eyebrows and foreheads crease. The lips bare the teeth when speaking more often. That's about all. Theron still looks like a pug. Lana looks about 25 years older somehow thanks to the new forehead technology. Everyone's noses and mouths look... mousier?

Vaylin's tattoos are cool looking. Shame she's still written like a total edgelord.

Chapter 1 spoilers:

The defend the whatever building objective near the beginning is terrible. It's like they took note of what everyone hated most about KOTFE and just multiplied it by like, five. gently caress.

Also, piloting the walker is awful. I can see how it's supposed to be fun, in concept, but it's not. I want an option to just get out and walk. I can't imagine playing through this multiple times.

This is massively unsatisfying. I'm glad someone said the end of chapter 2 is satisfying, because this is frustrating. I hunt a guy for an entire expansion, don't get to kill him, he gets away, so I catch up to him, and he gets away again because reasons.

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 30, 2016

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007
Can you only level past 65 in the new zones? I seem to be stuck at 1252569/1252570

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

Also, piloting the walker is awful. I can see how it's supposed to be fun, in concept, but it's not. I want an option to just get out and walk. I can't imagine playing through this multiple times.

I didn't want to complain too much but yeah I didn't enjoy that either. It's just so clunky and slow. Also strafing is disabled which annoys my PvP lizard brain.

Not proud to say it took me a solid five minutes to figure out you just had to step in the green circle to start...I kept trying to find a clickable.

Beat it on Veteran, wasn't too hard.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

A Boy and His Herb. posted:

Can you only level past 65 in the new zones? I seem to be stuck at 1252569/1252570

Are you a subscriber? Sounds like you aren't, you can't level past 65 if you're not a sub.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Man, Darth Acina's new model looks really good. Like, I'm super jealous of how it looks compared to the old ones. I wish PCs looked like that.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

Medullah posted:

Are you a subscriber? Sounds like you aren't, you can't level past 65 if you're not a sub.

I'm definitely sub'd. Not sure what the deal is. How do you start the new content so I can see if I have access?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

A Boy and His Herb. posted:

I'm definitely sub'd. Not sure what the deal is. How do you start the new content so I can see if I have access?

I should have said "Have you been a sub since October?" If not, you have to wait til Friday. If you have been, you should be able to open your missions and launch it.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

Medullah posted:

I should have said "Have you been a sub since October?" If not, you have to wait til Friday. If you have been, you should be able to open your missions and launch it.

Oh, I thought you just had to be a sub before Nov 27th.

Edit: Yeah i just reread it now. Continuous subscriber from Oct 25th to Nov 27th. My bad.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Slim Killington posted:

Chapter 1 spoilers:

The defend the whatever building objective near the beginning is terrible. It's like they took note of what everyone hated most about KOTFE and just multiplied it by like, five. gently caress.

This is massively unsatisfying. I'm glad someone said the end of chapter 2 is satisfying, because this is frustrating. I hunt a guy for an entire expansion, don't get to kill him, he gets away, so I catch up to him, and he gets away again because reasons.

As the SWTOR forums are popping quite a few threads about chapter 3, I'm presuming something big happens there as I've not started the new content yet.

From skimming threads, looks like depending on the choices made there's options to kill off Koth, Senya and Saresh.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Okay, so... what's going on with Assassin lightsaber charges? Are they still there as a toggle skill or not? Since a half dozen different talents and passives reference them, but I don't actually have them anymore as either a usable ability or a passive in the ability list, and I can't train them again at the trainer. Is there something I'm missing, or is my character just turbofucked? :psyduck:

EDIT: Aha, they're passives. But apparently whatever was replacing lighting charge with surging charge in Deception was broken and just makes it vanish from the list entirely instead. :ughh:

Asimo fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 30, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Asimo posted:

Okay, so... what's going on with Assassin lightsaber charges? Are they still there as a toggle skill or not? Since a half dozen different talents and passives reference them, but I don't actually have them anymore as either a usable ability or a passive in the ability list, and I can't train them again at the trainer. Is there something I'm missing, or is my character just turbofucked? :psyduck:

EDIT: Aha, they're passives. But apparently whatever was replacing lighting charge with surging charge in Deception was broken and just makes it vanish from the list entirely instead. :ughh:

They no longer show as buffs - they're just passives. Going to make PvP rough. :)

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

See the edit. Apparently whatever's supposed to be granting Surging Charge isn't actually giving it, or at least it's not showing up in the ability list. Respeccing gives Lighting Charge back into the list, but it goes away again the second I pop back into Deception and doesn't grant Surging Charge. I'm guessing the talent is trying to grant the now-invalid toggle instead of whatever the new passive power is. :downs: Well, guess I'll try a different spec...

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I feel like whoever came up with the macrobinocular mechanic is completely married to it and has some pull on the creative team, because it's here yet again and it still is lame. Any mechanic that intentionally removes you from gameplay for a few seconds is just flat out bad. It may shock someone at Bioware but no, I do not want to stop and scan every four feet for poo poo. And now you're just giving me stacks and stacks of dots because I don't want to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Asimo posted:

See the edit. Apparently whatever's supposed to be granting Surging Charge isn't actually giving it, or at least it's not showing up in the ability list. Respeccing gives Lighting Charge back into the list, but it goes away again the second I pop back into Deception and doesn't grant Surging Charge. I'm guessing the talent is trying to grant the now-invalid toggle instead of whatever the new passive power is. :downs: Well, guess I'll try a different spec...

It's as intended now. I just re-spec'd to Deception to see - the "ability" of Surging Charge is no longer there, it's been replaced by a passive buff. If anything, I'd say Lightning Charge is "bugged" and shouldn't show up as an ability.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 30, 2016

• Locked thread