Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

guns for tits posted:

How do you mistake a 15 year old for an adult?

You never met my friend Mariea. Dudes did this to her constantly from about 15 on, so I can see this happening no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
If you just keep staring at her boobs instead of her face sometimes you can't tell

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Depending on what podcast goon did and how long it's been, the statute of limitations might have run out. it's worth checking, because if youre holding back on making money because of something you cant be charged for youre just loving your friends.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Depending on what podcast goon did and how long it's been, the statute of limitations might have run out. it's worth checking, because if youre holding back on making money because of something you cant be charged for youre just loving your friends.

Or like, make up some reason why he can't go to said festival or whatever, send the other dudes and skype him in. This poo poo aint hard, that's how you know it's fake.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

grumplestiltzkin posted:

some states throw the statute of limitations out the window if you are "evading justice". ie left the state

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

My confession is that I get really emotional if someone makes fun of me on the forums. I'll think about derogatory or belittling posts for hours, sometimes for days afterward. I can't help myself. However, I figured out a small way to spin it around in my favor: whenever i post something I think might get a negative reaction, I make an effort to use an obscure SAT-type word. That way, when I play my post over and over again in my head in the following days, I'll remember the word and add it to my vocabulary. yay me

quote:

My parents were both really bad people. They had my older sister while they were still in high school, basically pawned her off to my grandparents, and then proceeded to gently caress up again and have me in their late 20s. They didn't grow up at all in that time, just got jobs and a little bit of money. Growing up was pretty awful, and when I turned 18 I left home and have never looked back since. My mother died several years ago from cancer, but my dad is still kicking around wasting oxygen.

When I turned 12 years old, my parents had the one and only birthday party I ever had in my life. It was just the three of us, and we went out to TGI Friday's. I was happy - I didn't have much at all, so I appreciated even the smallest gestures of kindness. We ate and my parents had too much to drink. We left and my dad busted in to the case of "road beers" he kept in the back seat. My mom and dad both had one and toasted me. I was so used to road beers that I actually felt good about them seemingly having a good time. It was getting late, and we lived on a rural road. It had rained earlier in the evening, so there was a bit of fog around.

We took the highway exit and made our way back home. It was a deeply wooded area, no houses around, and no streetlights or anything but the moon and stars to light the night. Suddenly we hit something. My dad yelled out "Oh gently caress a deer!" and my mom screamed. They pulled over and we got out to look. It wasn't a deer.

It was a man in a black rain slicker carrying a gas can. Presumably he had broken down and was walking back to the nearest gas station. He was laying on the ground shaking, and I remember him wheezing as he breathed. I said I'd run to find a phone (this was the mid 90s and we were poor, so no car phone or cell phone) and my dad told me to stop. I remember the guy leaking blood and I was terrified he would die.

My dad poured a beer over the guy, then a second, then crushed the cans with the boot and put them right next to him. My mom pulled out the previous drunk road beers and crushed those cans as well. Then my dad grabbed the gas can and put it in the back of the car. Then we drove off. We never saw a broken down car but my dad ended up tossing the gas can in the woods a few miles from our house.

I cried but I didn't protest, I knew that would just get me beaten. I watched the news for the next week, and told myself that if there was a report of this guy being found dead or injured, I would call the police and let them know. It never happened so I never called. I think about him a lot. I also like to think I've done enough to make up for not calling the police, but I don't think I can ever live that down.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
the erudite confessor with the admirable vocabulary, he seems like an affable gentleman, right?

Ten Wasted Dollars
Oct 24, 2010

you irl posted:

the erudite confessor with the admirable vocabulary, he seems like an affable gentleman, right?

gently caress you bitch

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
maybe you should just stop posting in D&D pisspants postman of the n00b lagoon

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That second one is believable enough. If you're living in a shithole area with shithole parents, that could be possible.

What about the damage to the car?
What was the narrative? The guy on the side of the road in a raincoat sat there drinking beers about a mile from his car and got hit.

They'd do toxicology and find no booze in his system. There would be a murder investigation.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

loquacius posted:

My confession is that I get really emotional if someone makes fun of me on the forums. I'll think about derogatory or belittling posts for hours, sometimes for days afterward. I can't help myself. However, I figured out a small way to spin it around in my favor: whenever i post something I think might get a negative reaction, I make an effort to use an obscure SAT-type word. That way, when I play my post over and over again in my head in the following days, I'll remember the word and add it to my vocabulary. yay me

don't be so dyspathetic.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Inzombiac posted:

They'd do toxicology and find no booze in his system. There would be a murder investigation.

Inzombiac posted:

you're living in a shithole area

Prob wouldn't I think, especially if it was in the past

gently caress around town about a year ago somebody was playing with their dog and found a loving scull from some kid that went missing 5 years ago. poo poo like this happens every day.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah, I guess I'm too optimistic about this stuff.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

loquacius posted:

I guess a goon was so convinced he had cancer that he did a bunch of drugs, threw things at children in a Wendy's, tried to sovereign-citizen the cops, and went on a racial-slur rampage when that didn't work

I wasn't sure about the story but the summary actually sounds like the kind of thing a goon would do so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt

Testicle guy's story needs to be over in poo poo That Didn't Happen.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
We need a fake confessions that didn't happen thread, where people can post their confession fiction and then be accused of it being poo poo that did happen.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

My boyfriend has recently gotten deep into conspiracy theories and it is probably going to break us up. He was a major Trump supporter for the past year or so, and started watching Alex Jones on youtube because of this. That was the start of the problem, and since then he has gotten progressively more paranoid with each passing week.

He believes that the world is run by a shadow government that is either controlled by Jewish people, aliens, or Catholics. Or perhaps all 3 or all 3 are the same thing. This one really bothers me because it's blatantly racist and I was raised Catholic.

He also believes the hacked emails from Clinton show that she worships Satan, sacrifices people to Satan, and is in league with the same shadow government.

More concerning is that he has started blaming "The Immigrants" for all of his problems. He believes that immigration needs to end and that every single refugee is a criminal, terrorist, or carrying a super virus designed to wipe out the US. I explained once that terrorists want you to have this mindset, that terrorism thrives on fear and distrust, and he called me a moron.

We are a gay couple and have faced a lot of hatred from people over the years. Many people I thought were my friends no longer talk to me since I came out of the closet, and I have felt the pain of this bigotry first hand. Seeing my boyfriend reflect this same hatred toward others is making me doubt the kind of man he is.

Also the reason this is anonymous instead of in E/N is I fear the same kind of "lol fag" backlash from these forums.

anon gay, so what

I think GBS is past laughing at gay people by now (especially E/N) but I'm prepared to be proven wrong

quote:

I am in my late 20s, have a good job, and am about to be married. I still loving love Dragonball.

I watched Dragonball Z Kai every Saturday night and am heartbroken that the Cell Saga is almost over. I watched Dragonabll Super subtitled online and love it, I'm anxiously awaiting the Goku vs Arale fight next week. I play the Dragonball Dokkan Battle game on my phone every night before bed.

When I go to the gym I have a carefully curated playlist of DB/DBZ battle songs to keep me pumped up and motivated. I also like to pretend I'm training for the Tenkaichi Budokai. When I get really exhausted at the gym I'll sometimes whisper "Kaio Ken times 10" to power myself back up. At work I like to watch big moments on youtube in my downtime. I have probably watched Gohan go Super Saiyan 2 at least 300 times in my life and it gets better every time.

I also write Dragonball Fan Fiction and play it out in my head as I fall asleep at night. I started this as a kid when I realized how lovely DBGT was, and this was a way to replace the canon in my head. Dragonball Super was a dream come true since it undoes GT, but I still have my fanfiction going on too. Tonight I think I'm gonna have Piccolo get possessed by a Majin.

My fiance knows I like the show but she doesn't know just how deep it goes. At our wedding I want to do the fusion dance to represent joining our lives together, but I don't think she will let it happen. I haven't brought it up yet.

When I go out for lunch today I'll probably pretend to do a Kamehameha or a Burning Attack in the parking lot. I do that kind of stuff most days.

You can do the fusion dance at the wedding, just do it during the reception instead of the ceremony and don't tell anyone what it is. Sneaking nerdy poo poo into your wedding in subtle ways is actually a lot of fun, my sister and brother-in-law had weighted-companion-cube-themed shotglasses as wedding favors (in 2011) and I came down the aisle to Downstream from the Braid soundtrack.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

quote:

My boyfriend has recently gotten deep into conspiracy theories and it is probably going to break us up. He was a major Trump supporter for the past year or so, and started watching Alex Jones on youtube because of this. That was the start of the problem, and since then he has gotten progressively more paranoid with each passing week.

Sever. Find yourself a new man that rejects hateful ideology and paranoid delusions. This one is lost.

quote:

my sister and brother-in-law had weighted-companion-cube-themed shotglasses as wedding favors (in 2011) and I came down the aisle to Downstream from the Braid soundtrack.

Also sever

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
If you are gay why do you care if your partner distrusts Catholics? Just stop considering yourself with politics and enjoy your relationship, you are not a Jew or Catholic so it won't impact you.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i'm more likely to reach for my elephant gun upon hearing "the cake is a lie" at a wedding rather than if someone came out gay tbqhimpo

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Shayu posted:

If you are gay why do you care if your partner distrusts Catholics? Just stop considering yourself with politics and enjoy your relationship, you are not a Jew or Catholic so it won't impact you.

Yeah there will be no impact on the confessor at all from being with a bigoted conspiracy nut because the bigotry is not directly aimed at him. :jerkbag:

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

Yeah there will be no impact on the confessor at all from being with a bigoted conspiracy nut because the bigotry is not directly aimed at him. :jerkbag:

the confessor is gay tho, he wants to live a bit on the wild side of life thats probably why he chose to be gay :shrug:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You guys, the point is that they didn't make a big thing of it, they just had shotglasses with what appeared to be a cute heart box design on them and a throwaway line about companions underneath, and Downstream is an objectively beautiful piece of chamber music :colbert:

I like nerd references to be easter eggs, meaning they're cool if you get them and unnoticeable if you don't. I agree that that picture of those nerds getting married in Gamestop while wearing Zelda costumes was cringey as gently caress, because they were doing it wrong

Shayu posted:

ex-nazi poem reference

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

quote:

Dragonball Z guy
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS DRAGONBALL Z AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, GOKU. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME GALACTIC FRIEZA ARMY BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE AFTERLIFE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

loquacius posted:

You guys, the point is that they didn't make a big thing of it, they just had shotglasses with what appeared to be a cute heart box design on them and a throwaway line about companions underneath, and Downstream is an objectively beautiful piece of chamber music :colbert:

actually all nerds should be destroyed

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
Eh, when I'm at the gym or at barre class or whatever and start to wimp out, I'll think to myself, "what would Goku do?" and push through the pain. I've admitted this to exactly one person in real life, because I suspected he would either find it funny or admit he does something similar (he's more obsessed with db than me), but instead he gave me a :stare: face so I don't share that anymore.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
WWGD

brotato
May 14, 2013
Lmao Goku workout is kind of adorable, in a weird way. I wish I liked anything on this earth half as much as that guy likes dragon ball.

My go to work out pump up is still get beefy bitch, tho.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
just listen to a sweet metal track to slam through plateaus ya nerd

:rock:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Catholic overlords? That's a new one. The only Catholics I know are dumbass drunks

loquacius posted:

I came down the aisle to Downstream from the Braid soundtrack.

It's a great soundtrack

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

it bugs me way more than it should that druggie cancer racist guy talks about getting way high on his dab rig hours before being introduced to dabs by his employees

MY VERISIMILITUDE!!! :qq:

Also I absolutely refuse to believe that anyone who watched a ton of DBZ and then started hitting the gym wouldn't pump themselves up thinking of Goku. Shine on you crazy diamond, whatever helps you work out is good.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

food court bailiff posted:

it bugs me way more than it should that druggie cancer racist guy talks about getting way high on his dab rig hours before being introduced to dabs by his employees

MY VERISIMILITUDE!!! :qq:

Also I absolutely refuse to believe that anyone who watched a ton of DBZ and then started hitting the gym wouldn't pump themselves up thinking of Goku. Shine on you crazy diamond, whatever helps you work out is good.

Oh yeah?! What about people that work out to avoid thinking about their years of sexual abuse, you monster!

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

rezatahs posted:

just listen to a sweet metal track to slam through plateaus ya nerd

:rock:

If you don't work out to Toto's Africa then you aren't working out right.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I have never met a single person at the gym who doesn't want to go Super Saiyan :colbert: That's just normal

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

buckets of buckets posted:

the confessor is gay tho, he wants to live a bit on the wild side of life thats probably why he chose to be gay :shrug:

That's not how being gay works idiot

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

Improbable Lobster posted:

That's not how being gay works idiot

I am an autistic computer operator please explain in engineering terms how being gay DOES work

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Jeff Sichoe posted:

I am an autistic computer operator please explain in engineering terms how being gay DOES work

it's hardcoded.

SuitcasePimp
Feb 27, 2005

Mycroft Holmes posted:

it's hardcoded.

:captainpop:

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh yeah?! What about people that work out to avoid thinking about their years of sexual abuse, you monster!

I was sexually abused by goku so I'm fulfilling both

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Gimbal lock posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS DRAGONBALL Z AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, GOKU. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME GALACTIC FRIEZA ARMY BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE AFTERLIFE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT.
jsyk today is the tenth anniversary of the original of this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

sinking belle posted:

jsyk today is the tenth anniversary of the original of this post

And it's still glorious.