Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Same, but that fight sucks.

Yeah but it also has some really really good panels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i remember all of the good guys because Passione is full of cool guys

the panels of giorno saying "they'd find us if we stole a car, but if we stole a hundred cars, they'd have no idea" and bruno going into an airport terminal and asking "hi yes, we're here to steal an airplane, where are they parked?" are some of the best poo poo

Part 3 anime really turned me around on what I thought was a kinda boring and maybe a lil bit lame part, so I bet the anime is going to be very good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

the plot stinks, most of the characters, good guys and badguys, are horribly forgettable, and diavolo is the single worst villain in all of jojos

The only forgettable good guy is Giorno. And even that might just be because he's the protagonist and you expect more from him.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sex Pistols is an extremely good stand.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
love that mista has to stop mid mission to cut up some pepperoni and feed them to the six bullet imps that he sometimes has to stop from fighting each other

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

NecroMonster posted:

the plot stinks, most of the characters, good guys and badguys, are horribly forgettable, and diavolo is the single worst villain in all of jojos

Really sorry but what the loving gently caress

anyway

https://twitter.com/jihey_0922/status/803287156139528192

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Really sorry but what the loving gently caress

Can't get enough of this cold, angry boy

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Improbable Lobster posted:

I just don't understand people who say they don't like part 5

I was gonna come in here like "You posted this panel but not the Kama Sutra one???" but then I found this scene: http://bato.to/reader#b6e8768d1ba1b71f_11

Anyways

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

BaDandy posted:

I was gonna come in here like "You posted this panel but not the Kama Sutra one???" but then I found this scene: http://bato.to/reader#b6e8768d1ba1b71f_11

Anyways

Number 8 is my favourite Karma Sutra position

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Creepy rapist Melone sucks

e: and why does he wear a domino mask. You're not a superhero, it looks so dumb

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Regularly behaved rapist Melone is OK though?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Improbable Lobster posted:

Can't get enough of this cold, angry boy

Get yourself a man who punches the dash repeatedly in a fit of rage over idioms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkTHtWX7CCY

god I'd complain about the beginning of this video but honestly I'm in the jojo thread anyway aren't I

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wc7Y2my-b4

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So has anything topped Heavy Weather for weirdest stand? Cause it sets a real high bar.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So has anything topped Weather Report for coolest stand? Cause it sets a real high bar.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's literally impossible to have a cooler concept than Scary Monsters

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's literally impossible to have a cooler concept than Scary Monsters

Combat proficiency, style, interior decorating capability, it has it all!

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So has anything topped Heavy Weather for weirdest stand? Cause it sets a real high bar.

Bohemian Rhapsody is probably the most 'WTF am I reading" stand of all, but Heavy Weather is the stand with the simplest sounding power (weather control) with the weirdest results.

Tusk does some incredibly weird poo poo, but the Spin is moreso at the heart of that, so I don't know if it counts.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I'm partial to Tubular Bells, the stand where you can not only inflate any metal as if it were rubber but can then shape it into a dog and set it to hunt someone based on smell.

It's a shame we didn't see more of that one. I wonder if other animals work too.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I assume any inflated metal balloons work, it's just that if your stand gives you balloons why wouldn't you learn to shape them into stuff.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

his greatest shame is that he only ever learned how to make dogs

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Bohemian Rhapsody is probably the most 'WTF am I reading" stand of all, but Heavy Weather is the stand with the simplest sounding power (weather control) with the weirdest results.

Tusk does some incredibly weird poo poo, but the Spin is moreso at the heart of that, so I don't know if it counts.

Bohemian Rhapsody's power is literally making anime real

Ron Paul would be proud

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If you ask me what Stand I'd want, it's easily Crazy Diamond. Best power, best design

If you ask me the coolest Stand, well I really like Weather Report (the Stand and the boy). Weather Report doesn't do a A LOT in Part 6, but anytime it does, it's doing the coolest poo poo on screen. Setting dudes on fire, making it rain frogs, make cloud suits. Araki made up for doing nothing with Stands like Magician's Red and Purple Haze by letting Weather Report do the dumbest poo poo. Then once Heavy Weather is out all bets are off. He can control the atmosphere, shoot lightning, he himself even implies he can create hurricanes and Donatello Versus even says Weather could destroy the Ozone Layer, it's a silly loving Stand that I understand if people feel it comes off stupid but it feels really grandiose and big, and adds a lot to the climatic feeling at the end of Part 6 when they finally leave the prison;

It's a little bit fanboyish, but I do think Weather Report is kinda the star character of Part 6, having the biggest relation to Pucci. A genuine alright dude with everything taken from him by the most bizarre of circumstances, leading to him being focused with revenge when he gets memory back that you can't really blame him for it, even though he is a total rear end in a top hat as he just kinda does what he wants around Florida. It's also really the only character death aside from F.F. that' allowed to settle in. Jolyne blames herself for it since she just crashes a car into the Weather/Pucci fight outta nowhere and then says poo poo like "I wanna talk to him on the breeze one more time" which actually doesn't make a lotta sense since I don't think Weather Report ever sees Jolyne again outside of fighting Jumping Jack Flash, but whatever, it's a cool scene

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This is 12 years after DIU tho

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Folks, yours truly is peeved off about Eyes of Heavens online match making

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I feel like it's a great way for you to make a new JoJo buddy because you're just going to battle the same handful of people over and over

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
when i say online match making, i mean trying to join a match with someone who is on my friends list and yet somehow their copy of the game is not recognised by my copy of the game and invites did not work. I assumed that cutting out the local multiplayer at least meant the on-line multiplayer would be functional but ah! c'est la vie.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
Yeah, it's annoying as hell that you can't play with someone who has, e.g., the disc version or the European digital version if you're a NA player. I managed to get into a lot of matches with different people a few days ago, but that was probably only because I was playing on a Saturday night less than a week after the game went on sale for the first time in this region. At least the story mode is a little better than All-Star Battle's was: I legit laughed out loud at some of the JJL stuff, but then it ended and I was back to rolling my eyes at that stupid purple DIO.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Get yourself a man who punches the dash repeatedly in a fit of rage over idioms

:swoon:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Was Donatello's last name a mistranslation or something? I always thought his name was meant to be Donatello Versace but the translator romanized Versace as Versus

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

FirstAidKite posted:

Was Donatello's last name a mistranslation or something? I always thought his name was meant to be Donatello Versace but the translator romanized Versace as Versus

jojo wiki posted:

Donatello Versus (ドナテロ・ヴェルサス Donatero Verusasu)

If it was Versace it would be either verusachi or verusashi.

e: Ah, apparently it was Versace in the French translation.

Begemot fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 1, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

no they will not posted:

when i say online match making, i mean trying to join a match with someone who is on my friends list and yet somehow their copy of the game is not recognised by my copy of the game and invites did not work. I assumed that cutting out the local multiplayer at least meant the on-line multiplayer would be functional but ah! c'est la vie.

I'm sorry

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiTRhMVy8Jc

ooooooh baby

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
What if the stone Kars created the masks from was actually Stand meteorite

makes u think

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Killer Queen's face when she activates a bomb like three seconds into the new trailer is very very good

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I hope the episode ends on Josuke cupping his ear. One of my fave panels.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Re-reading Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable and right after Kira talks about how he learned how to measure distance using his arm and fingers because of a lovely sumemr camp he didn't even want to go to, he says this bullshit

Kira's the best villain

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kira is a devout 49ers fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Moltrey posted:

Re-reading Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable and right after Kira talks about how he learned how to measure distance using his arm and fingers because of a lovely sumemr camp he didn't even want to go to, he says this bullshit

Kira's the best villain

gently caress now I'm extremely hype to see Kira's mastery of angles and distance animated. I forgot about that goofy rear end scene.