Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Whata the point of changing factions in MP? Does leveling them up grant anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not really. I think leveling them gets you merits but they are mostly just a cosmetic and voiceover change.

It's mostly there just to change announcers and the guys on the plane at the beginning.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Angel city elites guy and Blisk are the best ones, don't bother with anyone else.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
ash is cool too shes always optimistic even when we're like 200 points behind she still seems to think we can turn it around

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

quite stretched out posted:

ash is cool too shes always optimistic even when we're like 200 points behind she still seems to think we can turn it around
Vinson Dynamics is a good faction and the one I use the most.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like the 6-4 cause that chick looks cool and we'll kick your arse

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Elysiume posted:

Also holo pilot is a cool ability for cool dudes it is bad though
Are they faction-specific, or do all faction advocate gifts hit the same pool?

Last night i levelled up the stupid apex predators and got a (bad) banner i already had gold and fire versions of so seems to be universal

veni veni veni posted:

Not really. I think leveling them gets you merits but they are mostly just a cosmetic and voiceover change.

It's mostly there just to change announcers and the guys on the plane at the beginning.

changing them is purely cosmetic because they grant advocate gifts at the same levels and when you regenerate you get advocate gifts at the same levels again and the first few levels after a regeneration are also quicker just like when you start at g1.0

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Skyscraper posted:

Oh, thanks! Is it productive to attack from there or just try to stay cloaked and act as a human butt plug?

Riding a friendly titan is useful mostly for providing supporting anti-titan fire from a relatively safe location. Most weaponry will hit the titan and not injure you fatally, plus you get the benefit of being behind their shields for the most part.

It's not a better location for pilot v pilot although it is probably a safer (but more difficult to shoot from) location to provide infantry support to a friendly titan.

Since you're the guy who wants to auto-titan all day, riding your own titan is not a good loving idea.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Sigma-X posted:

Riding a friendly titan is useful mostly for providing supporting anti-titan fire from a relatively safe location. Most weaponry will hit the titan and not injure you fatally, plus you get the benefit of being behind their shields for the most part.

It's not a better location for pilot v pilot although it is probably a safer (but more difficult to shoot from) location to provide infantry support to a friendly titan.

Since you're the guy who wants to auto-titan all day, riding your own titan is not a good loving idea.

I assume also it acts as a safety from enemy pilots trying to mount and steal a battery.

Actually, I have no idea if this works. Can you mount an enemy titan with a pilot already on board? Is there some cool on titan melee execution that we haven't seen?!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I don't think you can ride your own Titan even if you want to

Edit: and yeah I don't think you can mount an enemy Titan that has a pilot already riding then

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Lemming posted:

I don't think you can ride your own Titan even if you want to
Pretty sure you can't. I can't even battery my Titan without using embark.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Anidav posted:

So now Ronins will run around everywhere and be the new meta right?

New meta is probably Legion until it gets nerfed. Hell the current xbone game is already much heavier on Legion and Ronin than Tone, at least in my region.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
So what, none of the drink 'n' game goons play this? Cause I can't believe nobody likes the drunk dude faction.

I like Vinson Dynamics because when she says "we are winning by a large margin" I always think "TELL EM LARGE MARGE SENT YA"

E: somebody probably DID mention the drunk dude faction by name, but if so I didn't recognize it cause to me it's just "drunk dude faction."

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mailer posted:

New meta is probably Legion until it gets nerfed. Hell the current xbone game is already much heavier on Legion and Ronin than Tone, at least in my region.

I was seeing a lot of Tone on xbone but it wasn't nearly as oppressive as it seemed to be in the PC version. It still would poo poo down your throat though. I think Legion will be the new hotness on console.

When does the patch hit consoles?

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Elysiume posted:

Aces is a good faction and the one I use the most.

fixed

chumbler posted:

Angel city elites guy is the best one, don't bother with anyone else.

also fixed

nah thanks fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 30, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Had 86 advocate gifts waiting for me.

For the life of me I cannot find the film grain slider.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Knifegrab posted:

It is not there, it will be in the next patch.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Antoine Silvere posted:

Post your origin name and I'll fix it in the spreadsheet

Sorry this took so long but it's "burnin_diarrhea" and it was my old xbox live handle because of the sheer number of kids that would howl at it during Halo: Reach matches.

Also I feel like a fuckstick for even posting this, Jesus. :negative:

Sigma-X posted:

I normally Titan-Ride when I'm super far away from a given objective and I get a good feeling my team is headed there. Ronins/Ions are fast in some of the emptier maps and give a guy like me that's terrible at wall running a huge boost on the way over. That said, when the enemy gets nearby I jump off immediately as I know I'm easy pickings (and have yet to survive for more than 3 seconds on top of a titan with enemies nearby).

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Stats are up :getin:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

92% wins?! Jfc is that even fun?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So whatever tone nerfs they added the buffs heavily outweight it, don't expect to see tone go away even a tiny bit, she is stronger than ever.

Good job respawn!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

So whatever tone nerfs they added the buffs heavily outweight it, don't expect to see tone go away even a tiny bit, she is stronger than ever.

Good job respawn!

Good.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

veni veni veni posted:

Winning is fun. We don't lose much on the xbone, I'd day most of those losses are from backing out to pick people up or crashes

Knifegrab posted:

Had 86 advocate gifts waiting for me.

Amateur

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hackan%20Slash/video/24035579

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Knifegrab posted:

Good job respawn!

Just when I thought it was a good time to jump back in the pool.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Tone really doesn't feel nerfed at all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

The 8% isn't fun.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm not digging the buyable camos at all, but I guess I'll just get them to support Respawn. Really wish they had a massive bundle for all this stuff.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Wazzit posted:

The 8% isn't fun.

I am sure that you don't mean it this way, but "I have to win literally 100 percent of the time or it isn't fun" comes across as very unhealthy.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

Good job respawn!

Well, then let's roll all tone groups and make everyone hate them all over again!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol the trip charge is awesome but it does a while to spool up. I may stick with the extra missile barrage. Also I only was able to play one game but angel city is an awesome map

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm not digging the buyable camos at all, but I guess I'll just get them to support Respawn. Really wish they had a massive bundle for all this stuff.

Why? Its cosmetic and it enables them to give content gameplay for free.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I am sure that you don't mean it this way, but "I have to win literally 100 percent of the time or it isn't fun" comes across as very unhealthy.

It was a bad joke. Close matches are usually pretty fun. Admittedly we do run a train on pubs most of the time. I don't really care about the win, most of the time we are backing out to pick people that drop.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Ronins phase doom perk is actually amazing. I was wrong, so wrong.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

Ronins phase doom perk is actually amazing. I was wrong, so wrong.

Coupled with the new fact that it wipes Tone lock it's pretty hard to deal with Ronins now as Tone

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What is lifetime avg vs lifetime avg va players in the K/D stats?

Photux
Sep 3, 2012

Funny then, that such darkness gives me hope

Knifegrab posted:

Why? Its cosmetic and it enables them to give content gameplay for free.

I'm pretty sure he just doesn't like the looks of the camos for sale, not that he's against the idea of purchasable cosmetics.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

I'm rank 8 (just started) and have won exactly one game so far - I can say with certainty that I'd rather be at 92%.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

In Training posted:

Coupled with the new fact that it wipes Tone lock it's pretty hard to deal with Ronins now as Tone

Oh yeah that's nice too but if you have nuke eject you can start it as soon as you enter phase doom and you come out about to pop.

Also scorched earth is bugged it only leaves thermite on the ground for a split second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

What is lifetime avg vs lifetime avg va players in the K/D stats?

One includes grunt kills and the other is only pilots.