Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I drove to the Chocobo Post and Noctis disappeared. Eventually the camera centered on the driver seat of the car and randomly went to a loading screen that is seemingly never going to end. Save often, folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Found the FFVI soundtrack :neckbeard:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Zotix posted:

Are you guys playing with wait mode on? So you can find the weaknesses of things?

Ignis has a 6 AP upgrade that makes him scan things automatically most of the time

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

lets hang out posted:

Ignis has a 6 AP upgrade that makes him scan things automatically most of the time

How does it reveal this info to you? Same thing, top of screen?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Zotix posted:

How does it reveal this info to you? Same thing, top of screen?

When you lock onto the target yes.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Can someone put up a screenie of that analysis and what it means? Haven't had more than 2 seconds of seeing the weakness graph.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
just a quick note: you can play darts if you find a dartboard, and you get AP for it

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
Anyone playing in with HDR mode on using a normal/non-pro PS4? I've been messing around with playing some on and some off and I'm getting the vague impression things are a little less crisp and more jaggy with the setting on, but I can't tell if that's all just in my head or something. The hair on major characters in particular looks a little weird with HDR mode on. Anyone else notice anything similar or am I crazy?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

Can someone put up a screenie of that analysis and what it means? Haven't had more than 2 seconds of seeing the weakness graph.

Can't screenshot atm, it's a box about the enemy, each damage type (both weapon type and Magic type) is a square in a row. Purple and a down arrow on the box is Resistance, Orange and an up arrow is Vulnerable, White and no arrow = neutral.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

That's true, but it does break the camera away from the field to another battle screen which is also wrong
that isn't wrong and tbh if this game did that the battle system would be better for it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

that isn't wrong and tbh if this game did that the battle system would be better for it

Yeah, the camera gets caught up so often that I'd welcome a separate battle screen.

Edit: I'm also sort of annoyed that there's no reason to use tech points on anyone but Ignis right now because his skills are infinitely more useful than anyone else's so far

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Prompto makes me unreasonably angry and I don't know why

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Solus posted:

he's my friend

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
how do i romance gladiolus

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Stormgale posted:

When I setup my new PS4 pro I had to set the screen width/height, shouldn't you be able to do that?

For some unknown reason the ps4 doesn't actually force games to use its display size settings. Ff15, and some other games, just ignore it.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Pomp posted:

he's my friend

Your friend can't hold a gun for poo poo

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Don't be coy motherfucker, out with it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Oh no poo poo. Can you spoil tag post where it was? Would love that, rocking the VII right now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Solus posted:

You just mad cus he managed to lose his weight and get fit

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Are there any missable achievements?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Are there any missable achievements?

There's a certain enemy you need to beat on Normal difficulty, apparently.

Aside from that, I hear that nothing else is missable.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

DrNutt posted:

Don't be coy motherfucker, out with it.

Taelpar Rest Area

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Taelpar Rest Area

Namaste.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Finally finished downloading this patch and all the DLC I had for it. Sitting on the main menu now and it's really nice to hear this music and play a new FF game :allears:

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I bought and downloaded the game on my PS4 but I can't do anything other than look at the options menu and do the 'open battle' mode because it is going to take 600 minutes for the game to install or some poo poo. Cool

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
The download isn't done then.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Keg posted:

I bought and downloaded the game on my PS4 but I can't do anything other than look at the options menu and do the 'open battle' mode because it is going to take 600 minutes for the game to install or some poo poo. Cool

Your download isn't finished, you just downloaded the initial "you can play the game" part.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Somebody was asking a long while back if there were actual cities or just little settlements

That's a bingo

This world is pretty great. I wasn't super crazy about the western/southern frontier lands in the newbie zone, but once you get out of that everything gets real majestic.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Your download isn't finished, you just downloaded the initial "you can play the game" part.

Oh cool, yeah I see there is 40gb still to go.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

My god the loading for everything you do in this game is unbearable. I guess it's because I'm a member of PCMR and haven't touched a console in a year, but this loading sucks.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Ignis is the most handsome boy

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Carmant posted:

Ignis is the most handsome boy

I think it's telling that he's the only one we never really got any background for in Brotherhood. It's hard to picture the guy having a home life. He's preternaturally classy.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Davos posted:

Anyone playing in with HDR mode on using a normal/non-pro PS4? I've been messing around with playing some on and some off and I'm getting the vague impression things are a little less crisp and more jaggy with the setting on, but I can't tell if that's all just in my head or something. The hair on major characters in particular looks a little weird with HDR mode on. Anyone else notice anything similar or am I crazy?

I think it's just because the color difference is greater in hdr mode making edges more easily apparent and thus look more jaggy.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Has anyone seen their companions use magic? I've equipped them but so far no dice.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

One of mine used all of his fire then kept walking through it and catching on fire from what it looked like. I was too busy trying not to die to see if it was doing any damage or it was just flavor voice over. Either way, I laughed.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Magic seems pretty tedious to use since you only get 3 casts and you need to draw lots of stuff if you want to make powerful magics, unless you go ahead and get the magic skills that increase how much you can draw and how many spells you craft at once, in which case I'm pretty sure it would be super powerful.

I figured out how to make Fira and I bet Firaga would wreck shop. But without the bonus skills, crafting Firagas 3 at a time would be painfully dull.

Taelpar Rest Area

Where abouts? Headed down there and couldn't find it :(

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you don't need to use it in every fight, or in fact most fights.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, I don't like the magic system at all. It's good the rest of the combat system is fun because magic kinda sucks.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

lets hang out posted:

you don't need to use it in every fight, or in fact most fights.

It is super great for packs of enemies though, which can be very awkward/annoying to fight with melee otherwise.

I like the combat system a whole lot, but it works best when you're righting a big boss or a few dudes. When there's like 8 or more enemies it just becomes a mess.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I don't like the magic system at all. It's good the rest of the combat system is fun because magic kinda sucks.

Like I said, magic can be ridiculously good, you just really have to put the points into the magic skill tree to make it worthwhile.

But I'm too busy putting points in the physical and team skills trees so that ain't happening right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Can anyone report what's in any of the miscellaneous preorder kits like the Angler Kit or the Travel Pack?

• Locked thread