Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HorseRenoir posted:

We speak American in these parts, boy :clint:
But what about as a second language, like in those other countries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

The World Song Map:

I got no larger copy, sorry

e: I lied, here you can zoom in for a bit more, though not much

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Obvs should have been this for Belgium:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2DvG3Kr7tk

Germany:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID4lstARK0w

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
No entry for Montserrat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjGHwGkFIFw

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Peanut President posted:

America doesn't even make the list :baby:

Neither does England, Scotland, etc.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
I'm the glorified military base in the middle of a desert called Babylon Burning.

Also they didnt use A Passage to Bangkok for Thailand, so the mapmaker can go gently caress right off imo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35uzmOw1EfY

e: "We come from the land of the ice and snow." Sure does describe syrian immigrants. Also everything about central asia is :effort:.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 29, 2016

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Heh... Midnight Train to Georgia

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I guess just "Africa" for Africa would have been too easy. :v:

E: That didn't stop them for Australia, Madagascar, etc though.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 30, 2016

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

LOL there's actually two k-pop songs for South Korea and a bunch of loving racist songs for Japan. Good job whoever made this crap. :thumbsup:

Also the classic "Columbia".

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The bodies of water are beyond lazy considering how many are referenced in various songs. Disgraceful stuff all around.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Negrostrike posted:

a bunch of loving racist songs for Japan. Good job whoever made this crap. :thumbsup:

And House of the Rising Sun, which says it's in New Orleans in literally the first line.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Australia and the preponderance of Kraftwerk in Europe are the only redeeming parts about that map, pretty much.

There's literally a song called "Finland" and you have "Winter Wonderland" instead? C'mon.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

edit:

StatistaCharts posted:

The European Union recently released a report on perceptions of gender-based violence, finding that over a quarter of people across Europe believe rape is justified in certain circumstances. Those circumstances include a woman wearing sexy or revealing clothing, a woman being drunk or on drugs and a woman walking alone at night.

The highest rates of justification for forced sexual intercourse without consent were recorded in Eastern Europe. 55 percent of Romanians believe rape is justified in certain situations, along with 47 percent of Hungarians and 43 percent of Bulgarians. Rates were far lower elsewhere with 6 percent of people in Sweden saying rape is acceptable in certain situations.

Full report available here (top link, pdf)

Pinch Me Im Meming fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 30, 2016

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I'm the 38-100% range. Also I'd be really interested in looking up the precise questions there, because I'm pretty sure it's not "is it ok to rape someone who's going home with you?"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Seems reasonable. Well what else are you supposed to do when you want to have sex with somebody and they won't let you? :shrug:

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Seems reasonable. Well what else are you supposed to do when you want to have sex with somebody and they won't let you? :shrug:

By country:

e: i can't read the things i post.

Pinch Me Im Meming fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 30, 2016

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Yikes!

Spain is an interesting outlier.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

edit:

Full report available here (top link, pdf)

From the same report, presumably. It seems to be inversely correlated in many places :laugh:

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

From the same report, presumably. It seems to be inversely correlated in many places :laugh:

Now that is bizarre...

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

You don't report rape if it means getting harassed by the cops and judges afterwards. And people saying you shouldn't have worn that slutty dress.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Now that is bizarre...

If that's self reporting, surely it makes sense that a country where the people have narrower definitions of sexual assault would have fewer people reporting sexual assault against them?

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Kennel posted:

Yikes!

Spain is an interesting outlier.

IIRC Spain also has a very low wage-gap and generally does very well in everything gender-relationship related.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Baron Corbyn posted:

If that's self reporting, surely it makes sense that a country where the people have narrower definitions of sexual assault would have fewer people reporting sexual assault against them?
Yeah, and I'd imagine actual arrests or convictions won't be so different.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Belgica delenda est.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Peanut President posted:

Belgica delenda est.
Luxembourg trying to use Belgium as cover, even though they're nearly as bad. Very similar kind of bad too, must be the whole Catholic thing, since the protestant part of the United Kingdom of the Netherlands turned out pretty well.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Look, she was basically asking for it, going home with someone. Even if that someone wasn't me if you want to get technical about it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Domattee posted:

IIRC Spain also has a very low wage-gap and generally does very well in everything gender-relationship related.

Yeah, Spain's pretty progressive when it comes to LGBT rights too. When I was younger, the impression I always got about Spain was that it was very patriarchal and traditional when it comes to "family" issues. What's up with that, did that change recently, or was my stereotype about them wrong?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Phlegmish posted:

Look, she was basically asking for it, going home with someone. Even if that someone wasn't me if you want to get technical about it.
In Belgium, the parties are children's birthday parties.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Pakled posted:

Yeah, Spain's pretty progressive when it comes to LGBT rights too. When I was younger, the impression I always got about Spain was that it was very patriarchal and traditional when it comes to "family" issues. What's up with that, did that change recently, or was my stereotype about them wrong?

No, just outdated.
The traditional family focus was a part of Spanish life but it was enforced very strictly by the Franco regime. So when that collapsed a lot of the suppressed movements including a very active women's movement came back into force. And the Catholic church being so close to a brutal dictatorship didn't do it any favours in the long run, as far as moral arbiter, which probably explains the relatively easy time LGBT Spanish have had.

My family lived in Gibraltar in the eighties and it was rare to see females in work early on (including waitresses) but it quickly changed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
What the gently caress, Belgium.

How do you manage to be worse than both the Netherlands and France?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

What the gently caress, Belgium.

How do you manage to be worse than both the Netherlands and France?

Belgium is Netherlands and France getting rid of their worst bits and making a country out of them.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Belgium is Netherlands and France getting rid of their worst bits and making a country out of them.

So Belgium is basically that "skin of evil" thing that killed Tasha Yar?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The way the particular question was phrased, the answers could be interpreted as: yes, I think some (other) people believe sexual intercourse without consent is justified in this situation. Some person brought this up as a defence for the numbers in the media in Belgium.

I think it's an odd way to ask, but I'm not sure I'm really convinced it would have made a world of difference.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Rather odd that North Korea would rank China ahead of themselves.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Pakled posted:

Best Korea is humble Korea.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pakled posted:

North Koreans have China for a neighbour whereas Chinese have North Korea.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
My favourite is "if the assailant does not realise what they were doing". You know, you think you're making a sandwich but it turns out you're engaging in sexual intercourse. Happens all the time.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Legitimately surprised Welsh isn't Y.