Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update.

Wow. Didn't expect her to be so forceful.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

Roland Jones posted:

Update.

Wow. Didn't expect her to be so forceful.

She's a king!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Hell, she's even starting to manifest a crown.

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.

Roland Jones posted:

Update.

Allison's kind of a dick now.

nah, Allison is done with all the poo poo people want from her. And Cio's comment on making Allison into something that could help protect Cio struck a nerve I think.

the alt-text is a nice touch btw.

Edit: Royalty is to cut text and rearrange reality.

Draadnagel fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Nov 30, 2016

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Draadnagel posted:

nah, Allison is done with all the poo poo people want from her. And Cio's comment on making Allison into something that could help protect Cio struck a nerve I think.

the alt-text is a nice touch btw.

Edit: Royalty is to cut text and rearrange reality.

Fair point there. She did put up with a lot of poo poo involving people dragging her around and all.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Allison is done with being what circumstance and people want or need her to be and it rules.

I cannot wait to see that crown fully form :allears:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Eeeeeh, this also is showing glimpses or perhaps not the most righteous of kings.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
"Get off my ship" are the words Cio dreaded to hear.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Roger Explosion posted:

Eeeeeh, this also is showing glimpses or perhaps not the most righteous of kings.

There are things that need doing and Allison means to do them. She does not have the time or inclination, nor should she, to coddle a devil who has been using her and insulting her every step of the way no matter how adorable they may be.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I see Allison is picking up on Zoss's innate tendency to be a relentless dick about everything.

It's really lovely of her to coerce a recovering addict back into the habit, and that's what Cio certainly makes it sound like. Plus, the whole getting killed last time she did it. But it seems one of the defining traits of royalty is to be a selfish dick to other people whenever you feel like it, so she's got that down.

Captain Oblivious posted:

There are things that need doing and Allison means to do them. She does not have the time or inclination, nor should she, to coddle a devil who has been using her and insulting her every step of the way no matter how adorable they may be.

Even with an ulterior motive, Cio did save Allison's life twice and was pretty protective of her during the reluctant-hero phase. But I suppose expecting some kind of reciprocity that befits an interpersonal relationship would get in the way of treating her like a tool to get what she wants, so shine on you crazy rising king.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Nov 30, 2016

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cio has done some good and helped her in useful ways, she's not all negative.

But I don't think the point of this story is to write out the tale of the perfectly wonderful risen king. Nadia Om was evil but a little pitiable. I don't think we're getting the end without disliking the main character a least a little.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Impatience is one of the signs of royalty. Don't wait for something to come to you when you can cut your way to it now.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

Allison's looking extremely JoJo in this page.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Awaken, my King!

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

A big flaming stink posted:

It's really lovely of her to coerce a recovering addict back into the habit, and that's what Cio certainly makes it sound like.

I was thinking the same thing until I remembered that she was the one who stole the ship they're riding on, so it's a little late to worry about falling off the thievery wagon.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Glad to see our hero doesn't have the sun shining out of her backside, although I suspect Allison's selling tough love to try to get Cio out of that pit of self-loathing and misery. If nothing else, Cio's current state might be striking our rising king uncomfortably close to home.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm sure Ally will mellow out later, perhaps after some further reflection on how acting like a dick is what got the demiurges in the situation they're in.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Let us not forget, Allison has had a very rough day and is in an awful lot of physical discomfort right now.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Who wants a perfect hero in the yool 2016?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jagganoth/multiversal annihilation 2020

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
also, blood loss. and looking at her eyes there probably a concussion or two.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

thatbastardken posted:

also, blood loss. and looking at her eyes there probably a concussion or two.

That's the royalty you are seeing

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can't tell if Allison's pose in that panel is supposed to indicate bravado/I-don't-give-a-fuckedness or inability to stand straight due to blood loss.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I think it's her trying to do A but mostly ending up at B.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I see Allison is picking up on Zoss's innate tendency to be a relentless dick about everything.

It's really lovely of her to coerce a recovering addict back into the habit, and that's what Cio certainly makes it sound like. Plus, the whole getting killed last time she did it. But it seems one of the defining traits of royalty is to be a selfish dick to other people whenever you feel like it, so she's got that down.

Even with an ulterior motive, Cio did save Allison's life twice and was pretty protective of her during the reluctant-hero phase. But I suppose expecting some kind of reciprocity that befits an interpersonal relationship would get in the way of treating her like a tool to get what she wants, so shine on you crazy rising king.

Yeah if Allison wasn't a bad person she'd just, like, give up on trying to rescue Zaid or getting her life under control and settle into her new role as some strange monster's personal superpowered bodyguard because they latched onto her and won't let go.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 30, 2016

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
And to be fair, she is correct in saying Cio isn't exactly a friend. Hell, no one on the ship is really her friend. They're each there for their own reasons; Nyave's got nowhere else to go and figures she owes Allison one for saving her life, White Chain is there to get Zaid out so Ally can pluck out her Key and ram it in his head, and Princess wants to get back in Black. At the very least the others aren't admitting they want to manipulate her to their own ends and are upfront with their motivations.

Also how the gently caress do you pronounce "Nyave"? Does it rhyme with Knave or is it like Ny-A-Vee?

EDIT: Oh nevermind says on the page she's named that it's Nee-Ave.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 30, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

"hi I've decided I'm your new friend btw your job and home make me kinda uncomfortable why don't you just give up all that and move in with me, new friend"
"well, I wouldn't want to be selfish...."

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Yeah if Allison wasn't a bad person she'd just, like, give up on trying to rescue Zaid or getting her life under control and settle into her new role as some strange monster's personal superpowered bodyguard because they latched onto her and won't let go.

also Cio was the one bitching Allison out for being a simpering little bottle-blonde princess earlier

well you got your wish, lady - Allison has jumped and the barista is not coming back.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/153802407550/which-one-is-cio-again

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

*allison spends the first two books in the comic being a literal damsel in distress being pushed by people, she then becomes royalty and finally pushes back at people*
"lol why is she being such a dick????"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Cio is small and cute and likable but lets be real here: She is a devil. Allison does not know her, has every reason to mistrust her, and Cio just admitted she valued Allison primarily as a meat shield.

Allison has no reason to immediately warm up to Cio. The magical bullshit in her head paints a target on her for people to want to use her, and she's aware of that now. She'd be an idiot to just take everything Cio says at face value.

If she treats Cio like this forever, you might have a point.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ElMaligno posted:

*allison spends the first two books in the comic being a literal damsel in distress being pushed by people, she then becomes royalty and finally pushes back at people*
"lol why is she being such a dick????"

as the comic says "reach heaven through violence, except if you're the protagonist i guess, in which case you should like sing songs about your feelings to your enemies and cry a lot so they give up i guess?"

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cowcaster posted:

as the comic says "reach heaven through violence, except if you're the protagonist i guess, in which case you should like sing songs about your feelings to your enemies and cry a lot so they give up i guess?"

To be fair, the last time Allison sang a song about her feelings she was besting an ebon devil in a drinking contest.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Begemot posted:

To be fair, the last time Allison sang a song about her feelings she was besting an ebon devil in a drinking contest.

I don't care how fantastic this comic is if it turns out the true power of royalty is love and friendship and Allison nukes the demiurges with a care bear stare I'm loving out

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

I don't care how fantastic this comic is if it turns out the true power of royalty is love and friendship and Allison nukes the demiurges with a care bear stare I'm loving out

The sanctioned action is to Hug

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SunAndSpring posted:

Also how the gently caress do you pronounce "Nyave"? Does it rhyme with Knave or is it like Ny-A-Vee?

Like "naïve" but with the vowels the other way around.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Pyradox posted:

Allison's looking extremely JoJo in this page.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/803771700294750208

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Rereading back through the beginning of this book, and goddamn if both the art and narration aren't hitting new heights.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

I just love the "VERDICT!" panel. It's perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Cowcaster posted:

I wanna meet the people that stated that allison was being a dick, just to give them an atomic wedgie and a wet willie.