Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/IFCRicky/status/803400976648572930

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in a just world he would have gotten to play the champ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

in a just world he would have gotten to play the champ
that dude should go to evo 2017

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

To those who recommended Under Night- thank you! This game is extremely my poo poo, and I look forward to spending many hours in the lab experimenting with it.

How does Melty Blood compare to it? I've watched some pro matches in the past but I've never really come to an opinion on it.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

It's fairly different, from what I understand of UNIEL (full disclamer: haven't played UNIEL yet, have spent some time in MB). Melty tends to have more of a focus on air footsies in general compared to UNIEL, where the only character to have full control of air movement ala Melty, is in fact the girl who came directly from Melty.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Melty Blood doesn't have the GRD system at all and is way more about air movement and controlling space than it is about the momentum of the match.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Countblanc posted:

I like to main whoever has the most damaging command throw and the shittiest mobility

Tamaki tha god tier grappler

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

NuclearPotato posted:

It's fairly different, from what I understand of UNIEL (full disclamer: haven't played UNIEL yet, have spent some time in MB). Melty tends to have more of a focus on air footsies in general compared to UNIEL, where the only character to have full control of air movement ala Melty, is in fact the girl who came directly from Melty.

This is right except that eltnum doesn't have different air movement from any other character.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

To those who recommended Under Night- thank you! This game is extremely my poo poo, and I look forward to spending many hours in the lab experimenting with it.

How does Melty Blood compare to it? I've watched some pro matches in the past but I've never really come to an opinion on it.

Melty also has some of the chunkiest normals that feel incredibly good to hit people with.

It's much more air movement and spacing focused. At the same time, it's really flexible and you can freestyle a fair bit in combos for different setups.

Every character also has 3 different styles that change their specials, meter usage, and adjust their playstyle (subtly for some, more drastically for others).

The meter system takes a textbook to explain all the different ways to use it.

The game starts out pretty simple and you can get away with having fun using magic series combos, but getting better is really rewarding.

It depends on what you like about UNIEL, but I really like both games.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

interrodactyl posted:

Melty also has some of the chunkiest normals that feel incredibly good to hit people with.

It's much more air movement and spacing focused. At the same time, it's really flexible and you can freestyle a fair bit in combos for different setups.

Every character also has 3 different styles that change their specials, meter usage, and adjust their playstyle (subtly for some, more drastically for others).

The meter system takes a textbook to explain all the different ways to use it.

The game starts out pretty simple and you can get away with having fun using magic series combos, but getting better is really rewarding.

It depends on what you like about UNIEL, but I really like both games.

hoaaa

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esKHCkbcZ4s

biohazard

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
interro doesn't play either game though

too busy with dota

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I appreciate that Melty Blood calls them Rounds and not Rebels or Conundrums or Boleros or whatever. Nice and simple... a working man's anime.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
add ruby heart, captain commando, and amingo to mvc4

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
interro doesn't play any games he just scours their wikis in case they come up in conversation

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
loving finally.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/520440/

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Hell yes!!!!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

In Training posted:

I CTRL-F Millia and then Guilty and got 0, so for people who can make that leap, what's the closest Tekken analogue to Millia?

There's nobody as degenerate as Millia in Tekken. The closest thing might be Josie, as she has really annoying mixups. Nobody is really an Oki monster on Millia level.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Spuckuk posted:

There's nobody as degenerate as Millia in Tekken. The closest thing might be Josie, as she has really annoying mixups. Nobody is really an Oki monster on Millia level.

so what you're saying is in tekken you might actually have to think to win?

i dont believe that

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Countblanc posted:

I like to main whoever has the most damaging command throw and the shittiest mobility

Gigas then.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I want to main dr b

at the end of the day it doesn't matter who I main thought because I'm loving garbage at tekken. gonna play it anyway though

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Babe Magnet posted:

I want to main dr b

at the end of the day it doesn't matter who I main thought because I'm loving garbage at tekken. gonna play it anyway though

Tekken is really pretty well balanced, so it doesn't matter that much, play who you like

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
I've heard getting good with the game is more about the intricacies of the system than it is about the specific characters. How being knocked face down with head towards opponent effects your wake up options differently than when in another fallen position, or dealing with sideways wall splats. Like mastering the basics of the game tends to weigh more favorably over being perfect with any specific character. There certainly seems to be a lot of variables at play that, I can imagine, become exhausting to manage in addition to keeping up with execution. But once those things become more familiar, doing well with anyone in the roster can really open up.

After playing such a straight and simple game of SFV, a game like that sounds more appealing than it normally would to me. I hope I enjoy my time with it, and I sort of hope Akuma gets to stay exclusive for a while to maybe entice a few SF players to try.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Pick cool looking characters except Nina. You will never be good with Nina.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Spuckuk posted:

Im going to use josie because the lady who drew bayonetta drew josies concept art iirc

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

to whoever didn't click on the link this is the steam page for xrd revelator

dhamster fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 30, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

In "REVELATOR" we have 6 new characters from the previous of the series, namely "Johnny", "Jack-O'", "Kuradoberi Jam", "Kum Haehyun", "Raven" and "Dizzy", coming to a total number of 23 playable characters!

half these characters weren't in previous of the series

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

uncleKitchener posted:

Pick cool looking characters except Nina. You will never be good with Nina.

b-but she's a literal waifu!

also i assume revelator making it to steam means next week XRD - STEALTHENER will be announced for arcades

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
allegedly they're going to try and change their business model:

https://twitter.com/Boschio/status/803965154765508608

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dhamster posted:

holy poo poo arcsys is stepping into the new millennium

2016 is crazy, man

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
when's rollback

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Rev was basically Sign Extend let's not front here

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

when's rollback

Considering the current timeline, somewhere around 2024?

(MadScientist was doing some poo poo for the Melty port, they COULD try and coopt that into their own rollback netcode...)

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Dias posted:

2016 is crazy, man

have i got a bridge to sell you my man

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

AnonSpore posted:

Rev was basically Sign Extend let's not front here

I was gonna say, that felt real disingenuous and not much like an own considering I'm pretty certain the situation everyone is thinking of is the release from sign->rev.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dhamster posted:

spearheaded by the guy who did the tutorials in rev

a good guy

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

dhamster posted:

to whoever didn't click on the link this is the steam page for xrd revelator

I just bought this on PS4 when it was on sale. :negative:

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Dias posted:

2016 is crazy, man

I wouldn't get my hopes up if they don't consider Revelator to be -SIGN- EXTEND :(

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Mr E posted:

For what it's worth you still saved ~35$.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Mr E posted:

Hey during the next steam sale you can get it for $30 or whatever the week before XRD THIRD hits japanese arcades.