Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cardiac posted:

Also, living on the countryside of Jylland sounds like an interesting prospect. I just know what my Danish colleagues used to say about Jylland.
I mean, you're writing to an American. I doubt Jylland has got anything on rural America.

(Were your colleagues from Copenhagen?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

McCloud posted:

A week or so ago there was a discussion here about why people voted for SD. I feel like these three links exemplify exactly why people turn to SD.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=97&artikel=6571406
"Politiker vill stoppa kränkande satirbilder
Var tredje politiker i Skaraborg tycker att det ska vara förbjudet att publicera bilder som kan vara kränkande för religionsutövare."

Translation: 1/3rd of politicians in Skaraborg think it should be forbidden to publish images that might be inflammatory to religious people.

If people are seriously changing their vote to SD because of 1/3rd, not even a majority, of municipal politicians, who have literally no influence over questions of loving constitution, in the most rural area of Västragötaland are kinda icky about Lars Vilks then I think we as nation need to re-think this whole democracy experiment we've been on for most of the last century because it has clearly run its course. :v:

The housing crisis and Magdalena Andersson being a really bad finance minister who doesn't realize that it's 2016 is another matter.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I mean, you're writing to an American. I doubt Jylland has got anything on rural America.

(Were your colleagues from Copenhagen?)

Well, knowing Danes they might just have something.
And of course they were from Copenhagen, so in a way a similar phenomenon that we in Skåne get from Stockholm. Some of it is actually deserved as well.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Well, knowing Danes they might just have something.
Probably more drunks on mopeds.

Cardiac posted:

And of course they were from Copenhagen, so in a way a similar phenomenon that we in Skåne get from Stockholm. Some of it is actually deserved as well.
Well, all prejudices are at least 80% true, the difference is what you emphasize when you tell your stories.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I grew up in rural Louisiana. Do Danes eat roadkill? If not I would be fine with a rural area.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Some do, but it's not really a thing I don't think. Talking fresh deer, not like a flattened badger or something.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

If people are seriously changing their vote to SD because of 1/3rd, not even a majority, of municipal politicians, who have literally no influence over questions of loving constitution, in the most rural area of Västragötaland are kinda icky about Lars Vilks then I think we as nation need to re-think this whole democracy experiment we've been on for most of the last century because it has clearly run its course.

:agreed:
That statement from C just shows that SD don't have a monopoly on morons, although a higher proportion partly due to immaturity.
Other notables are violent extremism in V, chemtrails in MP and the list keeps on going.

2018 have a potential to be an even worse clusterfuck than 2014. Given current poll of polls, we have SD at 20%, M at 22% and S at 26%. Both MP and KD might get kicked out. The current coalition is hosed regardless since Alliansen will put them up for vote after the election unless they have a clear majority, which they won't. A S+V coalition is also impossible based on this.

Honestly I think the best alternative would be if MP and KD gets kicked out, S is left without a viable coalition partner and the centrist parties (i.e. not V or SD) are forced to work it out.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
"Inte tillåtet publicera bilder som kränker religiösa grupper: Ganska dåligt." I'm still not 100% sure how to parse neither the questions nor the answers to be honest.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
"Kända människor ska inte bli fotograferade privat: Ganska dåligt." What does that even mean?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Svartvit posted:

"Kända människor ska inte bli fotograferade privat: Ganska dåligt." What does that even mean?

It's pretty bad if you're not allowed to photograph famous people in private.

(Is Swedish turning into kamälåså?)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
One could put up numerous links towards actual motions that SD put forth in argument against voting for them as well. Register journalists based on their political stance, or removing 1st May as a holiday (something I think MUF suggested this year too I believe?) comes to mind.

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

Hollismason posted:

I grew up in rural Louisiana. Do Danes eat roadkill? If not I would be fine with a rural area.

Generally no we don't, even in the "darkest" parts of Jutland (as judged by Zealanders). I live in the middle part, a bit over an hours drive from Aarhus. Could you mail me at jayhey at google's mail thingy, I'd like to mail you some stuff to help with figuring things out. And some of my friends and family in Aarhus itself might be able to help out too.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hollismason posted:

The Danish cuisine is probably the most normal in Scandinavia, if you don't mind an almost comically amount if sugar and fat.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Denmark also makes best cigarettes in Europe. The only other place here to buy them is Latvia, but then you have a host of problems associated with being in Latvia. If I was living in some Malmö or somewhere around I'd probably be making way to Denmark on weekly basis, just to buy cigarettes.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Nov 30, 2016

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
How dare you Latvia is our valued allies against the Estonian threat

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

eightpole posted:

How dare you Latvia is our valued allies against the Estonian threat
I'm Latvian, by the way.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Denmark also makes best cigarettes in Europe. The only other place here to buy them is Latvia, but then you have a host of problems associated with being in Latvia. If I was living in some Malmö or somewhere around I'd probably be making way to Denmark on weekly basis, just to buy cigarettes.

Start snusing instead. It's less bad and more :sweden:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fader Movitz posted:

Start snusing instead. It's less bad and more :sweden:
It's also fairly gross and I'm afraid that it is likely to be more addictive than smoking, as the snus nicotine kicks like horse, and you can use it wherever.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Seems like the Norwegian government coalition is still disintegrating, gonna be interesting to see what KrF chooses to do.

Burn it all down

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

ThaumPenguin posted:

Seems like the Norwegian government coalition is still disintegrating, gonna be interesting to see what KrF chooses to do.

Burn it all down

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of populists people.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

...Aaand KRF have chosen to cease negotiations.

:unsmigghh:

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Nov 30, 2016

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MILDA MATILDA!

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

can't wait to see how disappointed we'll all be in like a week

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

*sipping cool-ish coffee* I could show you that now already, I think.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

ThaumPenguin posted:

When they inevitably buckle under for the slightest concession from our FRP overlords? Certainly. But everyone is kind of jockeying for positions for next year, might just be that the non-spine-havers finally decided they needed to appear to take a stand.

But no, they will buckle. It's just slightly interesting to watch.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Its more likely that FrP will cease negotiations as a final gently caress you to Erna Solberg.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Alhazred posted:

Its more likely that FrP will cease negotiations as a final gently caress you to Erna Solberg.

Please. I'm not that lucky. You're not that lucky.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Nice piece of fish posted:

Please. I'm not that lucky. You're not that lucky.

But FrP is that incompetent and petty.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Gorilla Desperado posted:

Generally no we don't, even in the "darkest" parts of Jutland (as judged by Zealanders). I live in the middle part, a bit over an hours drive from Aarhus. Could you mail me at jayhey at google's mail thingy, I'd like to mail you some stuff to help with figuring things out. And some of my friends and family in Aarhus itself might be able to help out too.

Sure, thanks for the help. I am scheduling a trip there in March to check out the campus etc.. My school offers some preliminary classes in Danish. I also play to buff up my Access and Database skills before coming over since that seems to be something people are seeking plus I wanna brush up on SQL. I may be able to find some SQL database work.

I grew up with Lithuanian cuisine so Danish Cuisine doesn't seem that different.

This is a unusual question but :

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2014/03/06/get-second-citizenship-in-lithuania-ancestry/

My great grandfather had to flee the Tsar from Lithuania. Although apparently I could not get Dual Citizenship.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 30, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Alhazred posted:

I think it's time we took a lesson from the UKMT:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hollismason posted:

I grew up with Lithuanian cuisine so Danish Cuisine doesn't seem that different.

ThaumPenguin posted:

I think it's time we took a lesson from the UKMT:

The thing is that Støre won't take over this close to the election either so Erna is stuck trying to make a deal with what is basically a bunch of petulant children.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Hypothetically, what would happen if the current government were to resign and Støre refuses to become PM.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
we become sweden's colony again

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

we become sweden's colony again

Well, in that case you at least won't run out of butter.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

Hypothetically, what would happen if the current government were to resign and Støre refuses to become PM.

:getin:

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 30, 2016

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ahahaha: http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/mulla-krekar/krekar-er-en-fri-mann-italia-vil-ikke-ha-ham-likevel/a/23860556/
Turns out its loving impossible to kick out Mullah Krekar.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Took me way too long to realize this was Lysbakken.

Every other pic of him looks like it's a vaguely different person, what the hell.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 30, 2016

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Considered how screwed we would been then we would loving need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cardiac posted:

"Butter producers Norrmejerier and Arla have both forewarned that a shortage of the salty stuff is due to occur over the festive period and into the new year because there simply isn't enough milk to meet customers' high seasonal demands.

According to Arla head of press Daniel Emilson, three conditions have combined to make the demand unmatchable."