Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

D1E posted:

LOL.

I don't give a gently caress about LoD.

I just think someone has to call out Derek on his endless bullshit. I honestly thought he was growing as a person, until his little bitch fight with FAU caused me to reevaluate. He's the exact same rear end in a top hat he was 15 years ago, telling his customers they're too stupid to play his games and blaming German-language video drivers on bugs he can't fix. It's rich of him to call out SC for being a piece of poo poo - he would definitely know poo poo space video games.

He'll also go to any length to make himself look like the best source of SC news, when his blogs are largely just recycled from other user's posts from this thread. I trust TheAgent a million times more than Derek.

He will also never admit to a single mistake. Doxxing or not, posting personal information about a forum user (ANY user) as a MODERATOR was definitely a no-no. But he's too weak and childish to ever do the mature and responsible thing and just say he screwed up and it won't happen again. Instead it's a giant conspiracy against him by SC backers. He's Saint Derek.

Honestly, I think it's pathetic that he has a fan club of enablers who constantly tell him how great he is and beg him to go Full Warlord on demonstrably mentally ill Shitizens.

In short, gently caress Derek.

And before anyone reports this as off-topic, Derek has chosen to be fully associated with everything Star Citizen. Beyond that, just look at the subforum's name.

I was making a joke, just so you know.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

To be honest - and I'm sorry about this Mirificus - I can just barely skim through the reddit poo poo, even the crap I post here myself. It's just so very painful

There's a specific threshold of wordswordswords I'm willing to read up to, only because I read super fast. Some of those reddit walls of text are a bit beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Lemme guess you never read the stimpire all the way through

Lol, just lol if you don't read Stimpire.txt the whole way through every time it's posted

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Lol, just lol if you don't read Stimpire.txt the whole way through every time it's posted

It's one of those things where you have to do it to remind yourself yes it exists, holy poo poo it really exists.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
So 2.6 is actually out to the avocados but there's no star marine talk. So StarCitizen is good now yes

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Been gone for 50 pages due to running my own theme park and spending hours meticulously placing flowers rock and trees.

Planet Coaster is fun and good. What did I miss? (Not joking)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Madcosby posted:

Nice meltdown

Moma broke you

Chris releases 2.6

Thread cant stabilize
Cgi embarrassing goons

Wouldnt be surprised if yall bought back in

Already did, Evocati Status already ;)

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

alf_pogs posted:

is spectrum CiG's answer to steam or origin?

Not as far as we know. It supposed to be a kind of C3 suite allowing you to do voice com and group/guild management at the same time. Some horrible bastard of Teamspeak and "Org 2.0". Who know what they will deliver and how it will be used.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

ayyyyy lmao. So, no Star Marine in 2.6? This is good for CIG, so they can sell more of the important things for the game, the ships.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ZenMaster posted:

Been gone for 50 pages due to running my own theme park and spending hours meticulously placing flowers rock and trees.

New Star Citizen Patch, Jesus Confirmed Living, Buy Back In Now!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

ZenMaster posted:

The current big question is :

Is the next patch "really" 2.6 (as promised at gamescon) and wil StarMarine be in it.

TheAgent (Starmarine IS NOT in 2.6) sources and MoMa (Starmarine IS in 2.6) sources are giving conflicting reports, hilarity ensue as whatever answer make the game crash all the time anyway.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
I just got my refund in less than a week. Granted, I pre-ordered in 2014 on the stupid newbie package and never bought a "ship". But drat it feels nice to get that 40 bucks back and off this shitshow train.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Congratulation. Enjoy some real games or a nice evening of fun with it.

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
So, how long is evocati testing? By their own schedule it couldnt be too long? Cant wait to see if patchnotes are longer than my homework in primary school.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

Star Marine gameplay, spoiler warning.

Uhhh.... stop doxxing me pls tia

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ZenMaster posted:

What did I miss? (Not joking)

Doxxing is bad.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This is good stuff.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Thanks everyone. So this is a known issue everything is normal. Got it. :)

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Someone post the stimpre text with a contextual explanation for all the new members of the thread who have only just started their lifetime in the pain gardens

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Amarcarts posted:

Someone post the stimpre text with a contextual explanation for all the new members of the thread who have only just started their lifetime in the pain gardens

:v:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi everyone, hope you're all having a light hearted and emotionally balanced day. Just a quick reminder to call or visit your parents wherever possible, because they love and care about you and would love to hear from you

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Don't touch the poop.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
are more people getting refunds because CIG is getting huge cash injections from new suckers?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Abongination posted:

Why do so many employee's at CIG CiG have trouble maintaining eye contact with the camera? Is it shame? Do these people feel shame?

Shame Citizen

Being in front of a camera is a weird thing. And it takes some time to get used to.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

That statement wouldn't make sense even if you used 8-bit floats

E: actually it would

Welp you caught me saying nonsensical things in this thread :(

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ZenMaster posted:

To be honest, the only thing worth missing was the release of Planet Coaster. And you didn't. So there you go.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Maw posted:

Welp you caught me saying nonsensical things in this thread :(

There's nonsensical and then there's thread nonsensical :v:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.

You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.

You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.

You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.

You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.

You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
[QUESTION] Hi Chris thanks so much for making everything possible I was just wondering with the release of Planet Coaster by Frontier, what will our options be for constructing theme parks in Star Citizen? Either zero-gee or planetside ones are fine

[CHRIS] Ummm well, it won't be in 3.0 or probably uh, tup tup 3.1 but we're like thinking of some really cool stuff

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
[QUESTION]Hi very thanks for opportunity I was thinking about the possibilities in the Internet of Things and how this will have implications for Star Citizens' development

[CHRIS] Ummm well, it won't be in 3.0 or probably uh, tup tup 3.1 but we're like thinking of some really cool stuff

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
[QUESTION] I'm not really into Space Games per see, but I anticipate, in light of this Recession, it might benefit me to explore the possibilities inherent in Star Citizen visavi the Real Life Economy, by which I primarily refer to Self-Employment and the profitability of Careers InVerse if you will, and what Your thoughts are of the viability of Financing not just the Game by playing, but also the Support of one's household

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Remember when Derek did the great twitter countdown and lots of dudes were following it in multiple reddit threads, and then he announced it was to announce his temp ban on the frontier forums ran out

Man did Derek self own :smuggo:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

Well, since you're one of the prime enablers in the Greenies and administrator of his Smart Community, you certainly would be one of the first to defend him.

You will never be tall enough to ride the Big Dipper ride!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Decrepus posted:

Imagine living in a world where you had to choose between Star Citizen or Line of Defense as your entertainment options.

Or between Clinton and Trump as your presidential options.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
House Visavii is severely underrepresented in modern literature.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

orcinus posted:

Or between Clinton and Trump as your presidential options.

The United States of America.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Remember when Derek did the great twitter countdown and lots of dudes were following it in multiple reddit threads, and then he announced it was to announce his temp ban on the frontier forums ran out

Man did Derek self own :smuggo:

Is this like puppet master once removed? lol if you can't tell when the facebook grandma is "trolling" and when he is serious.

Anyway I think most people said "It's going to be nothing" about his countdown because that is what it always is.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

LOL.

I don't give a gently caress about LoD.

I just think someone has to call out Derek on his endless bullshit. I honestly thought he was growing as a person, until his little bitch fight with FAU caused me to reevaluate. He's the exact same rear end in a top hat he was 15 years ago, telling his customers they're too stupid to play his games and blaming German-language video drivers on bugs he can't fix. It's rich of him to call out SC for being a piece of poo poo - he would definitely know poo poo space video games.

He'll also go to any length to make himself look like the best source of SC news, when his blogs are largely just recycled from other user's posts from this thread. I trust TheAgent a million times more than Derek.

He will also never admit to a single mistake. Doxxing or not, posting personal information about a forum user (ANY user) as a MODERATOR was definitely a no-no. But he's too weak and childish to ever do the mature and responsible thing and just say he screwed up and it won't happen again. Instead it's a giant conspiracy against him by SC backers. He's Saint Derek.

Honestly, I think it's pathetic that he has a fan club of enablers who constantly tell him how great he is and beg him to go Full Warlord on demonstrably mentally ill Shitizens.

In short, gently caress Derek.

And before anyone reports this as off-topic, Derek has chosen to be fully associated with everything Star Citizen. Beyond that, just look at the subforum's name.

Nice smelldown.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Is this like puppet master once removed? lol if you can't tell when the facebook grandma is "trolling" and when he is serious.

Anyway I think most people said "It's going to be nothing" about his countdown because that is what it always is.

To be fair, it was a big deal to the ones tracking it because of what a huge insult it was to CIG, to them, and to the universe that his ban expired after the regular ban interval had elapsed. It was final proof that Braben was just another DSmart flunkey and that E:D was the abominable product of a corrupt company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

well yeah it's clear that braben invites derek to fontier's volcano skull fortress to plot his posts in that thread

• Locked thread