Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
"AFFRONTED BY TRUMP'S TRIUMPH, ELDERLY JEWESSES AND THIRD WHEEL (?) RUIN THE TROGGS FOR EVERYONE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZpNAI105sg

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

the dick and ball close ups were a little gratuitous

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
...my grandmother and her sister are often mistaken for a gay couple because they're ten years apart in age, look nothing alike and are always together but bicker constantly

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Read it as Abdullah the Butcher (which King Abdullah was as well, but that's besides the point).

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Police in Kensington, P.E.I., are threatening drunk drivers with a new form of punishment: being trapped in a cruiser playing a 15-year-old Nickelback album.

A post on the Kensington Police Service's Facebook page encourages people to plan to use a designated driver or cabs when going out, and reminds them police will be out "looking for those dumb enough to feel they can drink and drive."

"When we catch you, and we will catch you, on top of a hefty fine, a criminal charge and a year's driving suspension we will also provide you with a bonus gift of playing the office's copy of Nickelback in the cruiser on the way to jail," reads the post, alongside a photo of Nickelback's 2001 album Silver Side Up.

"So please, let's not ruin a perfectly good unopened copy of Nickelback. You don't drink and drive and we won't make you listen to it."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIWUMkKZhus

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

She isn't blurry enough

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Police in Kensington, P.E.I., are threatening drunk drivers with a new form of punishment: being trapped in a cruiser playing a 15-year-old Nickelback album.

A post on the Kensington Police Service's Facebook page encourages people to plan to use a designated driver or cabs when going out, and reminds them police will be out "looking for those dumb enough to feel they can drink and drive."

"When we catch you, and we will catch you, on top of a hefty fine, a criminal charge and a year's driving suspension we will also provide you with a bonus gift of playing the office's copy of Nickelback in the cruiser on the way to jail," reads the post, alongside a photo of Nickelback's 2001 album Silver Side Up.

"So please, let's not ruin a perfectly good unopened copy of Nickelback. You don't drink and drive and we won't make you listen to it."

one time i tried to listen to silver side up and i physically felt sick

maybe i was just feeling bad that day, but i prefer to believe that its such a lovely loving album that it can drive a person to nausea and discomfort

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chelb posted:

one time i tried to listen to silver side up and i physically felt sick

maybe i was just feeling bad that day, but i prefer to believe that its such a lovely loving album that it can drive a person to nausea and discomfort
you have a tolerance of a dandelion though

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you have a tolerance of a dandelion though

Gardenman isn't a weed

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I didn't know Nickelback was Canadian. They seem very not-Canadian to me.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
there were a bunch of bland pearl jam knockoffs from western canada in the early 2000s

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
reasonably certain canada's primary cultural exports for the past two decades are lame rock bands and atom egoyan films

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
It's a potato melon Morning

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
over thanksgiving my folks' neighbors invited me to come over, watch football, and drink

i accepted, but when the cowboys looked like they were doing well, they got irritated and put on "the wall" documentary, so it was 2.5 hours of pink floyd interspersed with roger waters monologue about war and family

the set they used for the concerts was really well done

thats my music post, thanks 4 readin'

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

there were a bunch of bland pearl jam knockoffs from western canada in the early 2000s
The US had about a thousand, too. I don't know to me they just seem kind of dumb and fake in an American way and not a Canadian one.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

pangstrom posted:

The US had about a thousand, too. I don't know to me they just seem kind of dumb and fake in an American way and not a Canadian one.

i think it's related to the non-tax incentive based reason why so many tv shows and movies set in a generic american city are made in canada

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

reasonably certain canada's primary cultural exports for the past two decades are lame rock bands and atom egoyan films

Xavier Dolan crossed into the mainstream now sort of - he directed the music video for Adele's Hello

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

When I think of Canadian movies I immediately think of Guy Maddin so my general belief is that Canada is a surrealist colourless landscape filled with 1920s movie archetypes

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

pangstrom posted:

No, they are very real in a Canadian way.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

:3

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_IdcQDnis

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

pangstrom posted:

I didn't know Nickelback was Canadian. They seem very not-Canadian to me.

theyre from alberta

so basically north dakota

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LDEm8mC-Nw

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/areyousurebruv/status/803825157802491904

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Avshalom posted:

i cannot believe leonard, captain of my titanic, was smashed against the iceberg of old age and lost to us

Actually I can believe he died of old age

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

PupsOfWar posted:

theyre from alberta

Yeah maybe you and muppets are right. When I think Canadian it's basically people in the southeast and in Vancouver, since that's all I know.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Oh good morning neighbor did they hire you to tear out the copper wire of this construction site after they installed it that's weird why are you riding away with it on a bicycle

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/englishrussia1/status/803883711334907904

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPrbccEdI5o

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Hollismason posted:

Oh good morning neighbor did they hire you to tear out the copper wire of this construction site after they installed it that's weird why are you riding away with it on a bicycle
Oh I see you're selling it to get money for heroin that's curious now why wait you aren't going to shoot that up are you oh dear.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

PupsOfWar posted:

theyre from alberta

texas of the north, although they elected a NDP government so :shrug:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
watched blade runner with a friend

they liked it

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Dreylad posted:

texas of the north

impossible

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chelb posted:

impossible
man just look at the map

it fits right in the trilby-shaped area

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

pangstrom posted:

Oh I see you're selling it to get money for heroin that's curious now why wait you aren't going to shoot that up are you oh dear.

I am lucky I didn't get stabbed cause I was still half asleep and walked out there just announcing loudly that your not allowed to do construction before 9am in my neighborhood why the gently caress are you waking me up

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

man just look at the map

it fits right in the trilby-shaped area

I'm applying for Lithuanian Citizenship through ancestry.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Chelb posted:

impossible

oil, latent bigotry, surprisingly liberal city in the middle of it.

mostly checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

no latency over here, friend

• Locked thread