Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I've been trying to get the 5 explosive kills in one life and am really struggling. Unless I get lucky and manage to kill a full tank with mines, I don't know how I'm going to do it. Do field guns count as explosives? What about the turrets?
I tried using limpets for a bit, but man you have to get close to throw the thing. I don't know how you guys do it, I'm dead the second I throw it (usually the second before, actually).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Grenades count. Blow up a tank, throw dynamite at snipers, walk next to a support and chuck grenades everywhere.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
a car decided to hit me today

https://youtu.be/HPpU8Hc3R_I

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
After extensive testing, I have determined that mortars suck rear end.

All too often I set up and it turns out there's a tree branch or something equal dumb blocking the shot I need. Moving a foot to the left would fix it, but I can't do that.

The cooldown sucks. It carries over between lives, so if you deploy your mortar right before you get killed, you can't use it when you respawn.

I also can't figure out how long it is, because sometime it seems really long, and other times I can place another mortar right after I exit my old mortar.

Edit: until an enemy armored train shows up and I destroy it and I'm a big fuckin hero.

Snak fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 30, 2016

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Bill NYSE posted:

It's rainin' Menschen!:haw:

edit: anyone have a game load in like this?
https://i.imgur.com/Ooq6KIl.gifv

get into a bomber and use the bomber cam and it'll clear for sure

maybe try using a trench periscope too i haven't tried this

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chemmy posted:

Grenades count. Blow up a tank, throw dynamite at snipers, walk next to a support and chuck grenades everywhere.

you overestimate my ability to not explode myself or get shot in the face immediately after managing to explode anyone else.
I'm guessing team kills on hardcore don't count either...:unsmigghh:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is the M97 any good compared to the Model 10-A?

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Spawned in a tank of some sort. Driver was getting shelled so I hopped out and started wrenching on that poo poo. He fled. I ran after him; wrench in hand, getting shelled the whole way. He stopped, I sighed in relief and wrenched again, he fled; I died. loving pubbies.

I am a Taurus, I love moonlight walks on the beach, unicorns, and shooty mans. Add Booger Presley (XBONE) if you like ammo bags by the dozen, wrenching under fire and a flag capping jihadi.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
i love getting the antitank kit and using it to snipe halfway across the map

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Finger Prince posted:

I've been trying to get the 5 explosive kills in one life and am really struggling. Unless I get lucky and manage to kill a full tank with mines, I don't know how I'm going to do it. Do field guns count as explosives? What about the turrets?
I tried using limpets for a bit, but man you have to get close to throw the thing. I don't know how you guys do it, I'm dead the second I throw it (usually the second before, actually).

Team up with a squad full of medics and support guys. So they can revive you and give you new grenades.
It's how I do all the 5 kills in one life challenges because I die a lot

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Remember that the arty truck isn't armored underneath:
http://xboxclips.com/tjiev/4ba4cdf7-0b49-4603-9b88-765776866304

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

shut up blegum posted:

Team up with a squad full of medics and support guys. So they can revive you and give you new grenades.
It's how I do all the 5 kills in one life challenges because I die a lot

Motherfuckers less than 10ft from me seem to just flat-out ignore the fact that I'm waiting for their death with my syringe and just skip so I miss out on like 90% of my intended revives. :(

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Just camp a door way or bunker with individual dynamite or something cheesy like that

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
lol I never realised the mortar is on a cooldown. I need to extend my average lifespan.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Jimbot posted:

Is the M97 any good compared to the Model 10-A?

Not really. You'll just be putting yourself at a disadvantage.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
shortest life ever
http://i.imgur.com/xfs6D5T.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/eUeiWCD.gifv
not sure what this guy's plan was

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe he thought you could lie down in between the treads and not get squished? I mean, even if you didn't really think that, what else are you supposed to do if you're already in that position...

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
RUN TO THE SIDE

http://i.imgur.com/nHQ9mkD.gifv

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, neither of the big fuckoff guns would have shot him...

He hosed up way back when he ran straight at the landship.

So, I asked this last week but didn't see anyone respond...

Is there a consensus on "best" weapons for each class? Or is it a pretty balanced "use whatever you like" type situation?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Snak posted:

Is there a consensus on "best" weapons for each class? Or is it a pretty balanced "use whatever you like" type situation?

The only real best as in objectively better than the others is the 10-A Hunter shotgun.

Everything else is workable once you get a feel for where it performs best.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Was rocking limpets last night. Was going 30-16 by using the BAR Storm and gas grenades, flanking hard on armor and attaching the mine. I made it away like 50% of the time.

Also used them liberally in alleys on Amiens.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Beastie posted:

Was rocking limpets last night. Was going 30-16 by using the BAR Storm and gas grenades, flanking hard on armor and attaching the mine. I made it away like 50% of the time.

Also used them liberally in alleys on Amiens.

I like them in Suez. Sniper on top of this house? Limpet to the side and the house and sniper are gone :getin:

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
PS4 goons, please add me: rvenutolo. I play weekdays somewhere between 7:30pm and 10pm Eastern and then whenever on the weekends. I'm new to Battlefield, kind of clueless, and play with one other goon.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Snak posted:

Yeah, neither of the big fuckoff guns would have shot him...

He hosed up way back when he ran straight at the landship.

So, I asked this last week but didn't see anyone respond...

Unless you're a headshots and sniping master, when you're a scout take that experimental gun. It's like any of the medic carbines except you have like a 42 round clip and can easily kill 3 or 4 dudes without reloading.

Also its glitchy and can switch to K bullets and back instantly.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
What are K bullets?

But yeah, I basically don't play scout because I can't snipe for poo poo. A non-scoped carbine sounds great. I just got to support level 2 and unlocked the BAR, so I'm looking forward to trying that out tonight. I've been using the Benét-Mercié, which I really like, but change is fun.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Knocked out the headshot/counter-sniper medal in like 3 rounds last night and... enjoyed myself? I still don't see the appeal in climbing a rock and sitting there all round, but run-and-gun sniping can be pretty fun.

I probably bayoneted more people than I shot but there is a lot of satisfaction in setting up an incendiary tripwire bomb, taking a pot shot at someone from an obvious sniper place like an attic window, then running downstairs and stabbing them as they try to flee the hellish flames of your boobytrap.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So does the bayonet affect accuracy on a Red Orchestra level or is it barely noticeable? I've removed them on everything but shotguns and my Experimental-wielding Scout.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

venutolo posted:

PS4 goons, please add me: rvenutolo. I play weekdays somewhere between 7:30pm and 10pm Eastern and then whenever on the weekends. I'm new to Battlefield, kind of clueless, and play with one other goon.

I will add you tonight as those are the times I tend to play too. My PSN name is Trastion so feel free to add me if you get on before I do. Also join the Battlegoons community. There are quite a few of us that play regularly though not everyone starts a group chat in there so they don't always show in the community.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Beastie posted:

So does the bayonet affect accuracy on a Red Orchestra level or is it barely noticeable? I've removed them on everything but shotguns and my Experimental-wielding Scout.

I'd say it's definitely noticeable. It seems to have a big effect on the medic guns, and the scout LofA SME. Not something you can't work around, and it doesn't make guns unusable, but if you don't really bayonet much it's worth taking them off.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I've found myself putting the bayonets back on my Scout guns because in the mid-short engagements it is sometimes more reliable to rush someone with the pig skewer then try and shoot them with the rifle.

Also it's fun as hell

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Hey, someone approve my request to join the PS4 community. NDizzl0r on PSN.

Battlegoons, right? Was there some other community? It's not spelled out very clearly in the OP.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Snak posted:

What are K bullets?

But yeah, I basically don't play scout because I can't snipe for poo poo. A non-scoped carbine sounds great. I just got to support level 2 and unlocked the BAR, so I'm looking forward to trying that out tonight. I've been using the Benét-Mercié, which I really like, but change is fun.

K bullets are anti armor rounds.

The ultimate scout loadout I like is experimental gun that has iron scope so it's basically like a carbine. Spot flare because it's easy points and good for your team and kind of a wall hack for this game. Then I take the K bullets so I can use them on weak or retreating tanks and in a pinch, they can work like regular sniper rounds. I prefer the heavy melee weapons but your melee weapon is whatever you prefer.

I don't like to snipe either but I've gotten to scout rank 8 from rank 2 in less than two weeks just by playing this loadout.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Beastie posted:

They actually seem not to affect accuracy at all, the only difference seems to be a slight increase in how long you recover from sprinting

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

They actually seem not to affect accuracy at all, the only difference seems to be a slight increase in how long you recover from sprinting

Plus the amount of and time it takes to recover from recoil, which is noticeable on long guns.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Shartillery Truck is best truck

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

DELETED posted:

Shartillery Truck is best truck

lmao

for content I guess why do I feel liike Ballroom Blitz doesn't pop as often as nearly every other map? do I just always get stuck in at the worst time or is it only available on certain servers' lists?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Are there any tips for using the Landship? Which kit is prime for it (aka, which one is the garbage one to avoid it)? I really want to like that tank but it seems like the Heavy Tank can do everything it can and more, all while being more durable.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 30, 2016

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Remember that any damage stops a vehicle from self repairing. K bullets biggest strength is keeping vehicles from fixing themselves while your assaults respawn, resupply or flank.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Ol Standard Retard posted:

lmao

for content I guess why do I feel liike Ballroom Blitz doesn't pop as often as nearly every other map? do I just always get stuck in at the worst time or is it only available on certain servers' lists?

Good, cause Ballroom Blitz is the worst map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Snak posted:

Good, cause Ballroom Blitz is the worst map.

You are of course entitled to your opinion in this regard, sir, however considering you have recently also claimed that

Snak posted:

After extensive testing, I have determined that mortars suck rear end.

I remain skeptical of your taste :P