Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Moma what will you do if Star Marine is just really dull and boring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

ManofManyAliases posted:

The patch notes are tailored to different people involved in the evocati. There are minuscule changes in the text, copy and content designed to lead to those who leak the notes. Same goes for evocati test builds.
Great to see the CIG development team embrace their open development. The team isn't talented enough to actually code a game--but hey at least their are sneaky enough to root out the leakers.

ManofManyAliases posted:

It'll def be live for evocati and certain PTU testers this year.
You will definitely see Squadron 42 at CitizenCon. Star Marine will definitely be out in two weeks. 3.0 will definitely be out before the end of 2016. I think I am starting to see the trend.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Maw posted:

Why do some PTU testers get it before others?

open development

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

ManofManyAliases posted:

It'll def be live for evocati and certain PTU testers this year.

*sips coffee*
Now Tayne I can get into.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Hey at least CIG fixed their patcher so you no longer have to download 30GB with each patch. Oh wait... That is every other game. Star Citizen still doesn't have a patcher.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

The patch notes are tailored to different people involved in the evocati. There are minuscule changes in the text, copy and content designed to lead to those who leak the notes. Same goes for evocati test builds.

:gary:

At this point I'm convinced that Citizens will believe loving anything.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Maw posted:

They subscribe to, well, nothing I guess.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

N-no but you don't get it..I didn't self-own myself...i-it was there! T-there are files with vague sounding names! I-I-I...they wouldn't lie to me...not to me....

*blows away into dust*

The sad thing is when this cosmic whale of a scam finally peters to a slow and agonizing death, Moma is going to have abandoned this thread and the name to avoid being endlessly mocked for something we knew about for years.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Maw posted:

Moma what will you do if Star Marine is just really dull and boring?

Going by the footage they showed, SM is literally a carbon copy of Dust 514, a game that expired literally weeks after it left public beta.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
in some copies of the code a pixel is blue, in others it's green

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/0xEilxR.gifv

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

ManofManyAliases posted:

Considering how they pretty much butcher anything they touch. I am sure that the above is just bullshit they hand out to try and stop people from leaking.
Or the implementation they have is so convoluted they lost the keys to the reveal due to database "shmegma".

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Maw posted:

Their patch is a terabyte plus?
They can't release it to everyone because the bandwidth charges the provider would lay on them would wipe out any profit margin they had from the sales. (LoL they have no profit)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Even if this comes out eventually it's being made by such a creatively bankrupt idiot that it will be the most eye rollingly cliched and dull piece of poo poo since wing commander

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Oh, Star Marine? That's nice. Where's my loving Squadron 42, Chris Roberts BITCH???

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Why?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Weren't they supposed to release a new patcher or launcher or update tool whatever, to allow people to download only the needed data for the patch instead of 30 GBs or so every time?

Is this happening for 2.6 or...?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

Weren't they supposed to release a new patcher or launcher or update tool whatever, to allow people to download only the needed data for the patch instead of 30 GBs or so every time?

3.0 :smug:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

You have to realize how dumb this is though, like come on

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Maw posted:

Subscrbers do. Other PTU users are more active in reporting and confirming bugs than others.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AbstractNapper posted:

No byte is any less important than any other byte in Star Citizen, the new Science Fiction adventure by (and only by) Chris Roberts

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

Most Open Development Game Ever.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I thought he was joking.

He isn't joking?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Subscrbers do. Other PTU users are more active in reporting and confirming bugs than others.

The bug reports have minuscule changes in text, copy and content from the 2.5 reports

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Here you go: https://translate.google.com/

Cut and paste the patch notes. Pick a language--Czech feels appropriate. Translate. Then translate back to English. Poof--obfuscated patch notes.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I mean, other companies have done this for pre-alpha and alpha testing.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

HycoCam posted:

Here you go: https://translate.google.com/

Cut and paste the patch notes. Pick a language--Czech feels appropriate. Translate. Then translate back to English. Poof--obfuscated patch notes.

Yes. People get around it and this is one way.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

people telling me that star marine was not up for testing

wait a minute

are you saying...

that star marine is not in the 2.6 evocati build

lol

TheAgent posted:

no, no its not

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, other companies have done this for pre-alpha and alpha testing.

what

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Nothing cracks me up more than when these broken twats have to parse every sentence out like this in their attempt to dissect it to get their pedantic narrative shoehorned in. I like to read these as if I am watching an actual conversation and wonder just how long that would take before someone just slapped one of these spergs with an open hand right across their mouth.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TESO randomly flashed your email address all over the screen to catch people leaking screenshots during the alpha.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
since CIG is remaining silent, I feel like INN (recursive) should be letting people know that star marine is not yet available to play in the current evocati build. Please discuss this with the rest of the staff MoMA.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Sounds like the game is coming along nicely. Nonetheless, I want to remind everyone in the thread to call or visit their parents wherever possible. They raised you with care and love and want to hear from you

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Mirificus posted:

Guys I don't think our friend gh0u1 from discord likes you guys. He was saying some pretty messed up stuff about you all. Not me though, cause we're cool.

[/quote]

I never get tired of seeing this. I still laugh as hard at it as the day I got it.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I wonder what the cig christmas office party is. Also if they do secret santa. And if everyone also has sandi's name tagged on so everyone has to get her a present.

Also how much applause after she does karaoke.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I was not incorrect in claiming that 2.6 was going live to Evocati.
Also, StarMarine is technically in the build:

"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Demien/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Echo11/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/terraintexture.pak",

However, the actualy FPS StarMarine is not ready for testing in this first evocati build. It'll come though.
lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

Sounds like the game is coming along nicely. Nonetheless, I want to remind everyone in the thread to call or visit their parents wherever possible. They raised you with care and love and want to hear from you

What happened to the tree? :(

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

What happened to the tree? :(

It's christmas soon so it has christmas decorations on it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

Even if this comes out eventually it's being made by such a creatively bankrupt idiot that it will be the most eye rollingly cliched and dull piece of poo poo since wing commander

I can't wait for your let's play of SQ42 :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

It's christmas soon so it has christmas decorations on it

are christmas decorations invisible where you come from?

• Locked thread