Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Office Surprise Store posted:

if there's a serious monotype thing happening i would do Ghost, but yeah is it in the game or on showdown

idc either way but if we use showdown I think it would be more fun to use Pokémon from the Alola Dex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Alakazam/Kadabra looks like a really good pokemon chaining guy. You get a couple with Sychronize and the good natures, level em up, and give them recover for sustaining, role play for checking natures, thunder wave for ending the chain, and whatever attack

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I think that should be a given. Does Showdown have a built-in non Pokébank ruleset for doubles?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Pokedex: Contact with Muk's poison is fatal. Additionally, it is considered the most painful way to die.

Me: Aguguguguuu *scratches its chin*

lmao

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

that ivy guy posted:

I think that should be a given. Does Showdown have a built-in non Pokébank ruleset for doubles?

It should have VGC 2017 which is doubles and alola dex only

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Alakazam/Kadabra looks like a really good pokemon chaining guy. You get a couple with Sychronize and the good natures, level em up, and give them recover for sustaining, role play for checking natures, thunder wave for ending the chain, and whatever attack

I made a recycle only munchlax for dittos. That way I can trick the original ditto a leppa berry then just focus on the ones he calls in.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Ristolaz posted:

Pokedex: Contact with Muk's poison is fatal. Additionally, it is considered the most painful way to die.

Me: Aguguguguuu *scratches its chin*

Lol

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
Mimikyu gave me a high-five. :vince:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Evil Eagle posted:

idc either way but if we use showdown I think it would be more fun to use Pokémon from the Alola Dex.

oh yeah agreed

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I just got to Poni Island and everything is kicking my rear end

e: and they ruined the Gunk Shot animation

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
poni island is a big level/difficulty spike. it's great

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

being able to put eggs directly into your pc and the poke pelago island that hatches them is ftw

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

So I got a lotta eggs. And I like to keep 'em in the box.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im gonna wonder trade this chansey for somethng good if it kills me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

being able to put eggs directly into your pc and the poke pelago island that hatches them is ftw

Yeah but I tend to just put the leftover eggs I get after a batch in there. Eggs hatch crazy fast with tauros charge and a fletchinder. I do miss being able to just hold the dpad down like in x y though.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Pokedex is like wikipedia, but there's absolutely no oversight. It's written entirely by 11-year-olds going on their first Pokemon adventures.

The Araquanid edit war is coming.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah but I tend to just put the leftover eggs I get after a batch in there. Eggs hatch crazy fast with tauros charge and a fletchinder. I do miss being able to just hold the dpad down like in x y though.

Yeah exactly, with the oval charm youre gonna have more eggs than you can hatch usually

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Are the plots different between sun and moon?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Are the plots different between sun and moon?

They take place 12 hours apart

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I think I have a dumb degenerate atrategy for my dark team. It does not involve evasion, I'm not that low

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

The ditto chaining method is pretty great. I might keep doing it until I get a 5IV. I think that's 1/16 chance?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For the monotype tourney do we need 6 or 4 pokemon.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

Imo it should be 4 only, doubles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chill Penguin posted:

Imo it should be 4 only, doubles

Ill start training today then.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Cant decide if I prefer to do it on the cart or on showdown. But I think VGC '17 rules are perfect: doubles, 6 pokemon choose 4, alola dex, no solgaleo/lunala/magearna. Ultra beasts/tapus are allowed but maybe we wanna restrict to one or none?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ristolaz posted:

Cant decide if I prefer to do it on the cart or on showdown. But I think VGC '17 rules are perfect: doubles, 6 pokemon choose 4, alola dex, no solgaleo/lunala/magearna. Ultra beasts/tapus are allowed but maybe we wanna restrict to one or none?

mega evos y/n?

actually nvm mega gengar is just broke and that would be unfair if no leggos is in play

also you generally want six and then you just pick four iirc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Whats showdown?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also whats the easiest way to check a SOS chain for hidden abilities? is there an ability that lets you see your opponents ability

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

Whats showdown?

pokemonshowdown.com

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I say none unless there's a UB or Tapu for every type

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Also whats the easiest way to check a SOS chain for hidden abilities? is there an ability that lets you see your opponents ability

Exeggcute gets Worry Seed which works.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

UBs available would be cool because of this insane looking mon:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Whats showdown?

Battle simulator online

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Evil Eagle posted:

I say none unless there's a UB or Tapu for every type

ub and tapus cover rock, poison, bug, fighting, electric, flying, steel, grass, dark, dragon, fairy, psychic, and water

there's no normal, ghost, ground, ice, or fire

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

Exeggcute gets Worry Seed which works.

Also Kadabra gets Role Play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

6vs6, singles.

• Locked thread