Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Heads up for your Dakssksks this week:

Minnesota is the only team in the league to not allow a single 19 fantasy point QB this season.

I sat Dak against the Vikings for Stafford, do I dare do it again?

(no)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
when in the world did you sit Dak against the Vikings

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Spoeank posted:

when in the world did you sit Dak against the Vikings

That's a future post. You weren't ready to see that.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
God damnit, meant Ravens

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Sataere posted:

Please clarify. Can anyone be kept in those rounds, or only players drafted there or lower. This question is dependent on the keeper rules and your projected keepers for next year.

You can keep any three players and they are just slotted in rounds 14-16 and the cost doesn't increase and there is no limit to how long you can keep a player.

Spoeank posted:

Kaepernick has been a legit QB1 from basically the moment he took over for Gabbert. I've been writing this literally for weeks.

For weeks I tells ya! And now that Matt Stafford sucks he's the perfect replacement for dumb idiots who listened to me in the first place.

He's throwing the ball maybe the best I've ever seen him, and his pocket presence is so much better than it used to be.

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 30, 2016

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It's crazy how he went from a stud to a joke to a stud again

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

pubic works project posted:

Best defense streaming options for the week? I'm not really keen on playing the Vikes against Zeke and Dak.

I picked up CIN vs. PHI for that very reason

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Edit: oops

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do I play Kaep over Wilson this week? I lost last week because I played Wilson over Mariota. He scares me, man.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

MakaVillian posted:

You can keep any three players and they are just slotted in rounds 14-16 and the cost doesn't increase and there is no limit to how long you can keep a player.

Drop him. He's not a top 36 player and you could draft him next season.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

RCarr posted:

Do I play Kaep over Wilson this week? I lost last week because I played Wilson over Mariota. He scares me, man.

Kaep is playing Chicago which, for me, is the deciding factor ... so ... yes.

And why in da gently caress would you play Wilson, or really anybody, over someone with as hot a hand as Mariota right now??

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

The Zack posted:

I picked up CIN vs. PHI for that very reason

I grabbed OAK vs. BUF because Khalil Mack.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Goddammit, I have to go another week of doing the Gronk Insurance dance, and just like last week, I have to decide whether or not to play Witten on Thursday. AND just like last week, Gronk is on my IR but not technically "Out" yet so if I want to pick up someone else LIKE Vance McDonald, I wind up having to drop two players. (One to get Gronk off the list, another to bring in another TE.)

THIS IS FUN. I LIKE THIS HOBBY.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

BonoMan posted:

And why in da gently caress would you play Wilson, or really anybody, over someone with as hot a hand as Mariota right now??

Because Wilson was ranked higher literally everywhere. :shrug:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Man I have Kaep on my bench to replace Dak and i do hate Thursday games but i need a win to clinch and am really worried about swapping out one of the most consistent qbs last minute out of fear :ohdear:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

the_american_dream posted:

Man I have Kaep on my bench to replace Dak and i do hate Thursday games but i need a win to clinch and am really worried about swapping out one of the most consistent qbs last minute out of fear :ohdear:

I'd go Kaep over Dak. I love Dak, but I think this is where the streak ends. Kaep is playing Chicago while Minnesota hasn't allowed a 300 yard QB all year. Of course Dak can pickup a rush TD too though so... tough call but I still say Kaep.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
DAL and MIN both played last Thursday, so they both had a full week to rest and prepare. This isn't a normal Thursday night game.

That said, I think I like Kaep over Dak.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Vargo posted:

Goddammit, I have to go another week of doing the Gronk Insurance dance, and just like last week, I have to decide whether or not to play Witten on Thursday. AND just like last week, Gronk is on my IR but not technically "Out" yet so if I want to pick up someone else LIKE Vance McDonald, I wind up having to drop two players. (One to get Gronk off the list, another to bring in another TE.)

Don't drop 2 players.

You can either start Witten on Thursday, or wait to see on Gronk, and then move him to IR if/when he's ruled out and pick up a replacement.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Vargo posted:

I'm in a similar boat with Reed. I currently have Fiedorowicz, but if Reed is out I might actually drop Polish Hat for Davis, he did an able job filling in last time. Then again, match ups...

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

BonoMan posted:

Wilson was even hotter over the last three weeks and had a marginally softer match up in terms of opponent points against. Seattle's offense had a pretty massive and unexpected collapse, so it isn't like Wilson's poor showing was in any way expected.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

RVProfootballer posted:

Wilson was even hotter over the last three weeks and had a marginally softer match up in terms of opponent points against. Seattle's offense had a pretty massive and unexpected collapse, so it isn't like Wilson's poor showing was in any way expected.

I mean Wilson wasn't a bad play, but in ESPN standard scoring Mariotta still bested him (31/35/25 vs 30/31/24).

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

BonoMan posted:

I mean Wilson wasn't a bad play, but in ESPN standard scoring Mariotta still bested him (31/35/25 vs 30/31/24).

Huh, don't think that's standard, but maybe I'm wrong. In my only ESPN league, Mariota was 26/28/22.5 against SD, GB, and IND, while Wilson was 26/26.5/25 against a tougher schedule (BUF, NE, PHI).

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
ESPN standard for weeks 9/10/11 is:

Wilson: 26/25/23
Mariota: 25/27/21

But that's also using their dumb default X yards per point scoring and not 0.X points per yard

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 30, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
What I'm getting at is ESPN bad

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

ESPN standard for weeks 9/10/11 is:

Wilson: 26/25/23
Mariota: 25/27/21

But that's also using their dumb default X yards per point scoring and not 0.X points per yard

Weird. We use, what I always thought was standard scoring, 6 point TD and 1 pt per 20 pass yards (no partial points) and mine is what I listed.

Of course our league has been set up for years so who knows if it was changed at the beginning.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Who do I drop to pick up Kaepernick?

QB- Wilson, Mariota
RB- Bell, Elliot, Coleman, Lewis
WR- Nelson, Sanders, Marvin Jones, Crowder, Coleman, Shepard, Parker
TE- Fiedorowicz

Thoughts?

Standard scoring, non-ppr, standard lineup except we start 3 WR's instead of 2

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

BonoMan posted:

Weird. We use, what I always thought was standard scoring, 6 point TD and 1 pt per 20 pass yards (no partial points) and mine is what I listed.

Standard is 4 points for a TD, and 1 point per 25 yards passing.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

RCarr posted:

Standard is 4 points for a TD, and 1 point per 25 yards passing.

Oh - well there you go!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

BonoMan posted:

Of course our league has been set up for years so who knows if it was changed at the beginning.

Yeah, no worries. Anyway, I wasn't trying to say Wilson was the clear start either, just that they were pretty similar on recent form and if forced to pick one, probably would've also sided with Wilson.

I still can't believe how on fire Mariota has been. I have watched and read about 0 Titans games. What's the reason behind it? Is the offense much less exclusively rushing than expected, or is Mariota being crazy efficient with limited volume + putting up points on the ground, or what?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

the_american_dream posted:

WELL WELL WELL

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-start-sit-dak-prescott-week-13.html

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-start-sit-colin-kaepernick-week-13.html

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Getting rid of the probable designation was so stupid. It's obnoxious seeing my roster like this, and their reasoning of "Probable players almost always ended up playing" is the lamest excuse to get rid of it because that is literally what the word and designation is supposed to mean. I'm honestly surprised that Shady and Julio don't have Qs next to them as well.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Teeter posted:

Getting rid of the probable designation was so stupid. It's obnoxious seeing my roster like this, and their reasoning of "Probable players almost always ended up playing" is the lamest excuse to get rid of it because that is literally what the word and designation is supposed to mean. I'm honestly surprised that Shady and Julio don't have Qs next to them as well.

Nice humblebrag about your stacked team. :v:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

QB- Wilson, Mariota
TE- Fiedorowicz

Thoughts?

I'd probably just drop Wilson.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RCarr posted:

QB- Wilson, Mariota
TE- Fiedorowicz

Thoughts?

Is this a 2QB league? If not, then Wilson actually kind of works out to the obvious answer here.

Otherwise, Shep or Parker?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Gobias Ind. posted:

Nice humblebrag about your stacked team. :v:

poo poo, busted :smugdog:

It's a keeper league. I went 2-10 last year and started to focus instead on building for the future so this is the result. My team cruised to this spot and managed to win enough weekly scoring bonuses to earn my league buy-in back already but I will be upset if I don't win it all. I've been runner up 2/3 years so my pride is way more important than cash prizes at this point.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

Is this a 2QB league? If not, then Wilson actually kind of works out to the obvious answer here.

Otherwise, Shep or Parker?

Parker is heating up, I'd hang onto him. I think Coleman or Shep is the drop if not Wilson.

ID129
Jul 9, 2007
I had to decide between Kaep and Palmer to plug in place of Luck last week due to his concussion. I made the right choice in going with Kaepernick. Now I am tempted to start Kaepernick over Luck this week. Kaep's match up against the Bears seems a lot more juicy than Luck's against the Jets. Is this the right choice?

Hell, I'm tempted to ride Kaepernick the rest of the year. Chip Kelly has done wonders with QBs for fantasy before with Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez. Kaep has been legs than either of those two. The rest of the year may only be this week if I don't get a W.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Luck is expected to play but still remains in concussion protocol. Can't go wrong with Crapernick against Da Bears.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

The true spirits of Fantasy:

• The Ghost of Fantasy Past, who visits to show you how happy you were right after your draft, when all of your promising young players were healthy and going to be great, and your idiot opponents had blown their picks on dumb bad jerks
  • The Ghost of Fantasy Present, who shows you the tattered remnants of that once-promising crew; the players on IR, the players you traded away or dropped right before they suddenly got good, the players you're agonizing over whether to start or not because they got 18 points two weeks ago but only 4 last week, and your 6-7 record that you could still theoretically get you to the playoffs if you win the next two games and five other teams lose their games
  • The Ghost of Fantasy Future, who shows you a vision of where this is all going... you're in twelve leagues, you spend 7.5 of your 8 working hours every day loving around on fantasy websites instead of doing your job, you have and can elaborately defend an opinion on more than two dozen different fantasy football online commentators, you listen to fantasy football podcasts during your grinding commute. Nobody will watch football with you any more because they can't stand how you insist on watching 8 games simultaneously every Sunday, scream at the TV whenever your IDP guy gets held without drawing a flag, and won't shut the gently caress up about fantasy loving football for ten minutes when they're trying to have a conversation with you about any goddamn thing else. You're playing daily fantasy for real money that you actually kind of need to pay the mortgage next month, you're making spreadsheets to print out so you can track all your guys every week while watching all the games, and you're seriously considering starting to attend college games just to scout out draft picks for next year, even though you hate college ball.

It's not too late, goons. You can still change. The dark vision of the future is still unfixed... you can still quit whenever you want, buy a big turkey for tiny tim, and prove to your girl that you're still interested in going outside (and not to the game, just like... a hike or whatever), listening to the radio (not talk radio about football, but like... music), doing your goddamn job at work and earning promotions and raises, having friends, and being happy and well-adjusted.

:effort:

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
no thank you

• Locked thread