Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
I forget the exact setting, but I was able to get rid of pressing the home button too long bringing up siri when unlocking thing. something about disallowing Siri to be used from the lock screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
I knew Apple was in for a bad time software-wise when they hired kevin lynch as head of watchOS.

like, the dude worked on flash at adobe, and was in charge of developing their tool that turned flash apps into iOS apps. dude then literally threw a public hissy fit when Apple banned flash apps from the app store. he wrote an open letter titled "go gently caress yourselves, Apple".

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Plorkyeran posted:

touchid takes a wildly inconsistent amount of time to actually unlock the phone

also my phone restarts when I unlock it once or twice a day

ios 10 is such a pile of garbage

I wouldn't normally say this but you must be holding it wrong or something. maybe you have weird hosed up fingers?

touchid works absolutely fine on my 6s+ basically all the time.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'll be the fat woman reflected in the lower right half of the screen.

Apr 7, 2003

Does anyone else want to be anything from that picture?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

Does anyone else want to be anything from that picture?

ill be the recessed lighting

Apr 7, 2003

I'm considering being the hackintosh.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
im pretty set on being the wrong resolution that only has a weird rectangle inside the screen available, but close

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

sup windows

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I have iOS 9 because people irl still complain about 10 even tho there's a .1 update.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the battery percentage on my iphone 6 w/ ios 10 constantly fluctuates. i'll get the low battery alert that is impossible to disable, so i'll plug it in, and it'll immediately shoot to 40%, then i unplug it and it plummets back to 6%. steve jobs and apple are both extremely dead.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
how is she fat?

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
My iPhone 7 is very fast and needs suiting. really liking it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

apple devices are even beautiful when broken

:mad:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Linguica posted:

tragic brokepad

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
brokepad mountain

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
got a lil rough in the tent there

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dodoman posted:

how is she fat?
very carelessly

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Dodoman posted:

how is she fat?

thyroid condition

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
how is Apple?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
i'm old enough to remember when apple pretended to care about books and magazines

https://twitter.com/Recode/status/803714345129676800

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ufarn posted:

i'm old enough to remember when apple pretended to care about books and magazines

https://twitter.com/Recode/status/803714345129676800

getting (rightly) convicted of price fixing and prohibited from entering into any contract with any publisher that could conceivably raise prices of published material at other sellers might have something to do with their lack of enthusiasm now.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

St Evan Echoes posted:

very carelessly

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Shifty Pony posted:

getting (rightly) convicted of price fixing and prohibited from entering into any contract with any publisher that could conceivably raise prices of published material at other sellers might have something to do with their lack of enthusiasm now.

stebes third last mistake

after not firing timb and not taking anti cancer drugs

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
the Apple ebooks trial was a farce.

"should we go after the monopolist abusing its monopoly by selling ebooks below cost, thus driving its competitors out of business and setting unrealistic consumer expectations re: ebook prices? nah, let's go after the company that just entered the market and decided to try getting publishers on board by offering them a better deal."
-the obama administration DoJ

and then there's the nonsense about the judge appointing her personal friend to monitor apple, and him charging apple $100000 per week and demanding to speak to jony ive and a bunch of other people that had nothing to do with ebooks.

and I'm sure amazon's cozy relationship with the Obama administration had nothing to do with any of it :rolleyes:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Doc Block posted:

"should we go after the monopolist abusing its monopoly by selling ebooks below cost, thus driving its competitors out of business and setting unrealistic consumer expectations re: ebook prices? nah, let's go after the company that just entered the market and decided to try getting publishers on board by offering them a better deal."

and then there's the nonsense about the judge appointing her personal friend to monitor apple, and him charging apple $100000 per week and demanding to speak to jony ive and a bunch of other people that had nothing to do with ebooks.

and I'm sure amazon's cozy relationship with the Obama administration had nothing to do with any of it :rolleyes:

what's your opinion on steel beams?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mister Macys posted:

stebes third last mistake

after not firing timb and not taking anti cancer drugs

Hi folks, it's your ol' pal Stymie here again with a quick tip: don't be an rear end in a top hat and judge people for their treatment choices when faced with a serious disease. It's not your concern and not your life, so be cool and respect their decisions.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Doc Block posted:

amazon was doing good things for customers and apple created a littterral trust with the ebook companies to try to drive up prices. Amazon was totally in the right all the way through and should never have bowed to the publishers like they did. apple also should have been fined way way more than they were for their antitrust activities.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

thankfully we have a real free marketeer coming in who will ensure companies aren't burdened by things like law and regulations and can set theri ebook prices at whatever they want!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Stymie posted:

Hi folks, it's your ol' pal Stymie here again with a quick tip: don't be an rear end in a top hat and judge people for their treatment choices when faced with a serious disease. It's not your concern and not your life, so be cool and respect their decisions.

agreeing with stymie. taking potshots at the ill and dead is the coward's way.

Apr 7, 2003

Last Chance posted:

agreeing with stymie. taking potshots at the ill and dead is the coward's way.

This, please be nice to Apple.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Endless Mike posted:

thankfully we have a real free marketeer coming in who will ensure companies aren't burdened by things like law and regulations and can set theri ebook prices at whatever they want!

otoh he really hates bezos for owning the one newspaper that has done decent investigative journalism on him, and apple for making stuff in china and refusing to backdoor ios for the fbi

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Citizen Tayne posted:

This, please be nice to Apple.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Stymie posted:

actually it's totally cool to make fun of a dude who bought into his own hype so much he thought he could treat serious cancer with fruit, that poo poo is funny as hell imho

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

pittsburgh lake saves a iphone 4 for 18 months

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Stymie posted:

i was making an observation, not a judgement
he's fully entitled to his choice, doesn't mean jerbs can't still be wrong

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

just like timb is entitled to run apple any way the shareholders will let him

doesn't make him right either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

will this TV single sign on thing mean that one day i might be able to subscribe to a virtual cable provider that only gives access to channels online?

• Locked thread