Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

loquacius posted:

You can't really trace that to the House leadership either. Her job is to keep Democratic congressmen who have already been elected in line and make them vote for things, or not, as necessary. She has no connection to Presidential elections other than that she's a prominent enough name that Republicans hate her, which is true for any Democrat whose name they know. Replacing her wouldn't really accomplish anything beyond a symbolic protest.

Burn it all down :byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It wasn't Marie Antoniette's fault how Versailles was run either, but Trump won on the rejection of political elites.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
nobody went to the voting booth going "fuckers have pelosi, gonna vote republican to spite them"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

logikv9 posted:

nobody went to the voting booth going "fuckers have pelosi, gonna vote republican to spite them"

This. I hate Ted Cruz but he's not why I voted against Trump. The existence of Nancy Pelosi isn't something independents care about. Republicans do, but we've seen what happens when we try to cater to Republicans.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

shooting yourself in the hand because your legs couldn't finish the marathon

lol thats quite the analogy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Schnorkles posted:

Burn it all down :byodood:

this but ?unironically?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

this but ?unironically?

Burn it all down

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

mugrim posted:

I saw Chuck Todd last night literally asking "If Trump says things we know to be untrue, should we report it at all? How can you cover something that's not true but also be a good journalist by telling people exactly what the president says? Newscasters can't just say the president is lying that'd be editorializing".

All I could think is "This, this is why everyone loving hates the media".

god there is nothing i hate more than the "he said/she said" type of reporting, its why i cant stand 90 percent of big media news. i dont want news to just regurgitate what all the official positions are, i want them to contextualize it with facts and whats true and what isnt

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Stexils posted:

god there is nothing i hate more than the "he said/she said" type of reporting, its why i cant stand 90 percent of big media news. i dont want news to just regurgitate what all the official positions are, i want them to contextualize it with facts and whats true and what isnt

even if you do the he said/she said style, they're too chickenshit to ask good followup questions most of the time because ~access~

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I'm glad Hillary managed to escape from her new sylvan hideout to perform an important task in our political struggle: giving a prize to a pop singer.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Golden Bee posted:

So what would be the criteria for firing leadership, if "losing the last two cycles" isn't enough?

You're going after the wrong person. Pelosi isn't the problem.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

I'm glad Hillary managed to escape from her new sylvan hideout to perform an important task in our political struggle: giving a prize to a pop singer.

Sybian?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This is my fight song
Hide from sight song
All alone hike song

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

logikv9 posted:

pelosi and reid were the best

They're a pair of cocksuckers in the land of cocksuckers and cockroaches. I was sad to see Reid go, especially because he was replaced with Schumer. My best memory of him is him getting a note that Obama capitulated to the GOP on the expiring Bush tax cuts and he responded by throwing it into a fire.

I'm split on Pelosi. She handled her situation as well as could be expected and I always saw her pushing the party as left as possible, but neither she nor Reid could counter Obama being a dumpy coward so I don't blame her for the overall Democratic failure. But at the same time the need for fresh blood is critical for the Democratic party to endure. I've read that she's focusing on grooming a relatively large batch of 30 year olds for leadership positions in the House leadership. So long as she is taking the steps necessary to ensure a stable future leaders in the party while fighting for 'progressive' policies I'm fine with her staying in charge. Besides, it always seems to be some blue balled blue dog that seems to challenge her for the leadership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IshiClQqCM

Uncle Tom slur aside, Nader pretty much called it. Obama shucked the nation and the Democratic party to make himself popular and it resulted in the election of Dorbald Tormp. Nice.

Edit: :lol: I just rewatched it. At the very end Shep asks him if regrets using that word and Nader's eye brow arcs up and he responds smugly: "Not at all".

Brother Friendship has issued a correction as of 19:13 on Nov 30, 2016

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Stexils posted:

Can't do that because then I can't report it as it happens and you cant fill the whole 24 hour with all the bs trimmed, hence why CNN and msnbc are choking on DT tweets

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

No sylvan, as in Pennsylvania.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
best harry reid moment was when he strolled in fresh from a good night's sleep to torpedo cruz's plan to whine about being removed from the floor when he did his stupid fauxbuster

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

loquacius posted:

I am astounded at how right he consistently managed to be in the face of apocalyptically bad posters arguing from a position of relative strength

Didn't he vote for stein? Let's not give too much credit

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
I still think his best moment was when they had to physically restrain him from beating the hell out of the dude who tried to bribe him.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Al! posted:

this but ?unironically?

nite crew entering the final stage... accelerationism

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
All this new blood poo poo reminds me of people angry at their sports team only to let them do their thing and find out that that works. Pelosi is great chill out

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

reid also didn't do jack poo poo to lieberman when he hosed up healthcare reform so let's not tug his pud too much

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Just saw the thread title change and boy do I have something to say about Wisconsin supper clubs.

Elias Inn sucks now but it didn't 10 years ago. Oh well.
Silvercrest is the best. Great pizza too.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Harry Reid's best moment was when he told Obama his grand bargain idea was a piece of poo poo.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Rastor posted:

Of course all the best magic cards are related to the best state, suckers

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

culling effective people for the sake of change and no other reason seems like a terrible idea particularly when a party is at its political nadir but I am no expert at any of this so maybe I'm missing something important

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Rastor posted:

bijzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hot take: I was thinking about O Brother Where Art Thou some more and a metaphor where Clinton is Pappy O'Daniel and Trump is Homer Stokes is actually surprisingly apt

see: Pappy angrily refusing to talk to voters because his radio-only strategy means he doesn't have to; Pappy struggling with being painted as a puppet of The Interests and not knowing how to counter that; Stokes being a literal Klan leader

Clearly if we had managed to provoke Trump into interrupting a Tim McGraw concert or something at the 11th hour to talk about how he wants to shut down the music and arrest McGraw, everything would have turned out ok

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Karl Barks posted:

nite crew entering the final stage... accelerationism

i remember there was a point where it almost looked like there would be an indictment and i was excited i would no longer have to pretend to like hillary clinton..... but i didn't get my first choice so now i'm workin on my REAL first choice!!!!!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
guys have you considered that maybe the democrats need to move.... right??????

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/opinion/can-the-democrats-move-right.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Karl Barks posted:

nite crew entering the first and only stage... accelerationism drunken nihilism :q:

ftfy :ocelot:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
i only read like five sentences of that article and im still loving fuming about it

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

What if we weren't racist enough? *puffs pipe*

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

more like Ross Douchehat

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

yes i think we should ask more questions like "are jews people" after matching our public welfare and economic policy with that of the republicans' -- someone standing in front of the nuremburg trials 20 years later

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Why isn't there a coen brothers megathread, I want to shitpost about my OBWAT theory some more

this guy is stupid and he has a stupid face and I want to punch it

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Veskit posted:

All this new blood poo poo reminds me of people angry at their sports team only to let them do their thing and find out that that works. Pelosi is great chill out

Pelosi is good but the leadership roster of House dems is simply too old. They're all over 70, aren't they? Obama had a selling point of being young and, for that matter, so does Little Marco. Youth is a quantifiable asset in politics and should be used to its full effect. This isn't anything that Pelosi herself hasn't realized.

gently caress fighting gun rights, everything else gets pushed left by about fifty years. Also Democrats should shut up about SJ stuff and just cement non discrimination into their policies, only talking about it when it's brought up or is a particularly effective attack.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lol wowzers

but thats what we did or attempted with hillary :confused:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

No, but you see, if the Democrats move rightward, the Republicans will usher in Full Communism Now out of spite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"If the Democratic party moves rightward, corporate interests can ensure a friendly government by making the American people choose between that or an insane fascist dictator, every four years until the end of time!"
"What if playing chicken backfires on us and we end up with the insane dictator instead?"
"It's fine, we'll infiltrate his government too so there's no harm done, to anyone I care about anyway."
"What about the left?"
"The left will vote however we want them to if the fascist is insane enough."
"What if they don't?"
"What, do they want the fascist to win? I think we know who the real fascists are."

• Locked thread