Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Star Marine: 0% Guaranteed to cause FPS Action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Yes. I am a giant fraud pretty much.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Remember when Derek did the great twitter countdown and lots of dudes were following it in multiple reddit threads, and then he announced it was to announce his temp ban on the frontier forums ran out

Man did Derek self own :smuggo:

How was that a self-own? That was an epic reverse-the-arse underhanded troll. And it was splendid :allears:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

D_Smart posted:

reverse-the-arse
:laugh:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

How was that a self-own? I am a huge pussy of an Internet Warlord who puts everyone on ignore so I can bask in a splendid echo chamber :allears:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Take a break, man.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

That's because i) it's shite ii) there is no Star Marine - like at all

For a $137 million project that likes to tout "openness", it's interesting that since 2.6 was released to Evocati yesterday, backers have no clue what's in it. Particularly it doesn't contain Star Marine; and CIG never even mentioned it.

Meanwhile, some backers are spreading false rumors that it is released.....just because they claim to have seen some file assets in the download. :D

We all love to be pedantic here. Stepping back, CIG is implementing yet another patch that you said could not be done. You said it with 2.0, and we got 2.4 and 2.5 out of it that introduced more clients, more play and even larger maps/scenes/whatever other word you insert here for a game space where players exist (see: your hilarious back-and-forth with Ben Parry on ED forums).

1/2/3/4 weeks late: whatever Smart. They're still going to get there and it'll be yet another milestone that you claim could not be done, "like - at all,"

And you know what, Smart? I hope they sell even more ships to get there. I hope people pledge the gently caress out of those ships because each pledge/sale/donation/whatever that they get is 'x' more $$$$ that gets you going daily. It's entertaining.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

How was that a self-own? That was an epic reverse-the-arse underhanded troll. And it was splendid :allears:

For an 11-year-old. Grow the gently caress up.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Moma, you are going to end up on Derek's Posters I have been defeated by list if you aren't careful.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

We all love to be pedantic here. Stepping back, CIG is implementing yet another patch that you said could not be done. You said it with 2.0, and we got 2.4 and 2.5 out of it that introduced more clients, more play and even larger maps/scenes/whatever other word you insert here for a game space where players exist (see: your hilarious back-and-forth with Ben Parry on ED forums).

1/2/3/4 weeks late: whatever Smart. They're still going to get there and it'll be yet another milestone that you claim could not be done, "like - at all,"

And you know what, Smart? I hope they sell even more ships to get there. I hope people pledge the gently caress out of those ships because each pledge/sale/donation/whatever that they get is 'x' more $$$$ that gets you going daily. It's entertaining.

Good thing there's another sale soon! Got your eye on some cool ships?

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

ManofManyAliases posted:

when did Dr. Smart say 2.6 couldn't be done? from what I remember he only said that 3.0 and SQ42 wouldn't come out this year.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

Hell yes I have, the Aegis Uninstaller

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Daztek posted:

2017 is a big year for alien-tech. If they release the Stinger and Void Bomber, I may be very weak with my wallet once more.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

2017 is a big year for alien-tech. If they release the Stinger and Void Bomber, I may be very weak with my wallet once more.

Cool, how much you in for now after last week's sale?

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
You know it is entertaining to us too. In our case because we know it is never coming out and so you defenders are like comedy to us.

Spend more money!! Do it!!! Help them!! Feed my entertainment!! Do not let this die easily!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Hell yes I have, the Aegis Uninstaller

What advantages does that have over the RSI Download the Whole loving Game Again?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

DISCO: Hello backers and welcome to the holiday stream! Today we are joined by the head Emperor himself, Chris Roberts!

*Chris is shown with a strained, wide smile on his face. His bloodshot eyes are wide open, vibrating. A tiny stream of spittle is leaking from his clenched teeth*

DISCO: Chris, the internet is talking non-stop about 2.6. But some, and I hate to say trolls but we all know who they are, are saying that 2.6 is in fact not the giant leap forward we promised. What do you say to that?

*Chris continues to sit still, staring ahead with a maniacal expression. Disco pats him on the shoulder, making him jump three feet off his seat*

CHRIS: MOTHERFUCKER DON'T YOU EVER TO--*looks at camera and calms down*--Yes, Yes I do random employee.

DISCO: I'm Disco Lando...I've been with this project...

CHRIS: Yes yes I'm sure that is fascinating. But I am here to dispel some of the flagrant lies that have been spread around the internet about my masterpiece. And because this is the holiday season I find it only appropriate to say...

*Chris takes a deep breath and puts on his best fake smile*

CHRIS: 2.6 was inside us all along.

DISCO *Nodding, sagely*: Heavy stuff man. I think speaking for myself, and all the backers who have kept this project alive, that we knew all along 2.6 was inside us. Okay, so now we will...

*Chris fiddles with his hands as Disco continues to talk.*

CHRIS: Inside us all. *louder* INSIDE US ALL!

*Chris smacks table, startling Disco.*

DISCO: Um..

CHRIS: I'll prove it! Prove it to you all!

*Chris takes out a dagger and plunges it deep into Disco's gut. Chris starts to tear the dagger upwards*

CHRIS: IT'S INSIDE US! INSIDE US! I'LL SHOW YOU IT'S INSIDE US!

*Chris starts to spill the insides of Disco onto the desk as the livestream cuts out*

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

when did Dr. Smart say 2.6 couldn't be done? from what I remember he only said that 3.0 and SQ42 wouldn't come out this year.

What CIG cunningly do is say the 2.whatever will launch and then when it finally does plop out of their rear end 5 months late it has a fraction of the promised stuff, this bamboozles the simple minded backer time after time somehow and this produces comedy from the MoMMAs of the world who, 5 months late and a barebones patch later declare SEE I TOLD YOU :smug:

The only remarkable thing in all that is that it happens again and again and the backers swallow it time after time without question

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

If they release the Stinger and Void Bomber, I may be very weak with my wallet once more.

They won't but they will produce a jpeg of it which will be sufficient to placate you / part you from your money

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Maybe not so specifically. But it's his recurring theme: "ahh they can't do this. Ahhh they don't have this tech. Ahhh they can't get more than 8/12/16/20/24/etc players in the same instance. Ahh Ahh ahh ahh ahh"
It's getting very old, very quickly.

Daztek posted:

Cool, how much you in for now after last week's sale?

Too much :negative:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

For an 11-year-old. Grow the gently caress up.

It's the own /r/dereksmart deserves

ManofManyAliases posted:

Come on man, this entire year's been a very long lecture in how seriously CIG can manage to not make a game happen. Nobody would have said a year ago that they'd need more than another year to get Star Marine in game. gently caress, listen to me back in January:

quote:

And for all you people doubting that SQ42 will be coming this year: I think you're wrong.

Squadron 42 isn't really a game, it's Sandi's big break. Think she'll allow Roberts to delay it indefinitely while she still has Hollywood ambitions?

No loving way. Gameplay be damned, those 10 hours' worth of cutscenes will be out before the year is done, willing to :toxx: for this

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

What CIG cunningly do is say the 2.whatever will launch and then when it finally does plop out of their rear end 5 months late it has a fraction of the promised stuff, this bamboozles the simple minded backer time after time somehow and this produces comedy from the MoMMAs of the world who, 5 months late and a barebones patch later declare SEE I TOLD YOU :smug:

The only remarkable thing in all that is that it happens again and again and the backers swallow it time after time without question

yeah wasn't 2.6 supposed to be out in June

why is Derek Smart held to a higher standard of believeability than the Ponzi schemers who have collected $130 million for a tech demo

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
I get it, now. We are all enablers here:
    1) Guys like moma want the money to keep flowing, so they can laugh at Derek
    2) Goons want the money to keep flowing so they can laugh at everyone.
    3) CIG wants to keep the money flowing, because vacations in the Mediterranean don't come cheap

This is the best non-game ever, everyone wins.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

ManofManyAliases posted:

The patch notes are tailored to different people involved in the evocati. There are minuscule changes in the text, copy and content designed to lead to those who leak the notes. Same goes for evocati test builds.

I was not incorrect in claiming that 2.6 was going live to Evocati.
Also, StarMarine is technically in the build:

"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Demien/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Echo11/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/terraintexture.pak",

However, the actualy FPS StarMarine is not ready for testing in this first evocati build. It'll come though.

this is so weak its disappointing dog ate my homework level.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

Maybe not so specifically. But it's his recurring theme: "ahh they can't do this. Ahhh they don't have this tech. Ahhh they can't get more than 8/12/16/20/24/etc players in the same instance. Ahh Ahh ahh ahh ahh"

I agree, it's about time CIG shows they can do it.

Crickets

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

MoMA is a special case because he's an INN shared account and so he is hyper committed even more than most whales.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

I know that you backers will rationalize it away as disposable income etc. etc., but please take care of yourselves/your obligations/your eventual old age before throwing more money after what you've already put into undelivered games like SC. It'd be really sad if you ran into some trouble down the line that snowballed because you weren't liquid enough to pay for whatever you needed to up front due to buying concepts that may never manifest in a game.

Also, call your parents before they're dead.

e: Tijuana Bibliophile's avatar gets me every goddamn time. :downs:

POOL IS CLOSED fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 30, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Moma seems pretty cool so there's no way he's that bowtie nerd

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

kickstarter belt. think about it.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Wolf Larsen seems like a cool dude

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
I want to visit the alternate reality where Derek is scamming nerds for $150 million and Croberts is a poster on the Something Awful comedy web forum

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

The patch notes are tailored to different people involved in the evocati. There are minuscule changes in the text, copy and content designed to lead to those who leak the notes. Same goes for evocati test builds.

I was not incorrect in claiming that 2.6 was going live to Evocati.
Also, StarMarine is technically in the build:

"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Demien/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Echo11/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/terraintexture.pak",

However, the actualy FPS StarMarine is not ready for testing in this first evocati build. It'll come though.

:allears:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

kickstarter belt. think about it.

Well he's obviously retarded as gently caress when it comes to money but otherwise he seems way to chill to be that bowtie guy.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Too much :negative:

What? We're all excited about the big release, I'm legit excited to see Star Marine gameplay

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
StarMarine is technically in this thread

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Jason Sextro posted:

Wolf Larsen seems like a cool dude

ye he seems cool unlike bow tie oval office. good riddance from inn i say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I, in fact, do not have a beard.

• Locked thread