Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

decided to start working my way through the big list of Game Room videos since I was pretty sure I'd missed a few

they're so good.. they're soo good!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

decided to start working my way through the big list of Game Room videos since I was pretty sure I'd missed a few

they're so good.. they're soo good!!!

That or the original Endurance Run are probably my favorite Giant Bomb videos ever. I still laugh thinking about the one that starts with Jeff tricking Ryan into doing it and ends with them just playing Sonic Adventure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm losing my mind about vinny's teacher stories

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

I'm losing my mind about vinny's teacher stories

whats those in?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

whats those in?

This week's beastcast. Alex was talking about his lovely high school teachers and then vinny starts talking about his shop teacher who used to scare them by talking about how if you have a metal plate in your head and you stand near a microwave you'll pee yourself and then he goes from there lol

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

In Training posted:

if you have a metal plate in your head and you stand near a microwave you'll pee yourself

That's what Randy Quaid says in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. That shop teacher was just front'n.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Major Havoc in the new atari quick look is a supremely cool game i never heard of.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Sharkopath posted:

Major Havoc in the new atari quick look is a supremely cool game i never heard of.

its a dope game

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

it being 4 games in one back in 83 is cool enough, but visually its crazy too: poppy multi color vector graphics and really drastic forced perspective for the space shooting parts, cool small animation touches like the death transformation and idle when you're against walls, its got a ton going on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Yeah it looks crazy and I'm pretty sure I have it since it's probably in the PC version of that Atari collection that I bought a sale or two ago solely for black widow

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Yeah it looks crazy and I'm pretty sure I have it since it's probably in the PC version of that Atari collection that I bought a sale or two ago solely for black widow

the high score has stayed the same since 85... will you finally be the gamer to challenge it?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i played it on a cab, vector games on a vector monitor ftw

asteroids is a sick looking game on a vector monitor everything streaks across the screen and the shots are so loving brighjt

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

asteroids is a sick looking game on a vector monitor everything streaks across the screen and the shots are so loving brighjt

yeah, the one thing emulation cant mimic even with the artificial glow and poo poo is just how bright those screens are

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

Yeah absolutely, whenever I went to that arcade I spent the first half hour or 45 minutes playing all the vector cabs because I knew it's something I'll never be able to see anywhere else or ever again probably

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The one bummer about that place near me is that even though they nearly perfectly maintained most of the old rear end cabinets and displays, every time I went 90% of their light gun games were broken :/

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Who would have thunk young Paul Ryckert looked exactly like Chris Jericho.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol at alex saying fyad

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HORMELCHILI posted:

lol at alex saying fyad

what

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

That's what I wanna know.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't wait to hear how he pronounced it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Can't wait to hear how he pronounced it

he said it in the beastcast today and he said it like "fie-yad"

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Let's all talk about the right and wrong ways to say FYAD out loud for a little bit

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Dave Lang sent out a tweet citing a bunch of articles about how hosed up SFV was at launch after it won Fighting Game of the Year. I like Dave Lang and his good work on Killer Instinct

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fumaofthelake posted:

Dave Lang sent out a tweet citing a bunch of articles about how hosed up SFV was at launch after it won Fighting Game of the Year. I like Dave Lang and his good work on Killer Instinct

thats kinda funny because apparently iron galaxy is porting Marvel vs Capcom 3 next year. but maybe thats a completely baseless rumor

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Fumaofthelake posted:

unIronically this

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I'd maybe spend a few bucks for mvc3 on PS4

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Fumaofthelake posted:

"at launch"

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

vinny reality best reality

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Brad's being super pissy on UPF. One of his games must've been owned on the GOTYcasts.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Brad blowing his gaming cred on Inside for GOTY

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

tumor looking batty posted:

Brad blowing his gaming cred on Inside for GOTY

:ughh:

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Spoken like a person who was not a dummy like me who bought sfv at launch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fumaofthelake posted:

Spoken like a person who was not a dummy like me who bought sfv at launch

I bought it before launch and enjoyed the Beta which was acutally not at all like the product they released

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://my.mixtape.moe/bxrejd.webm

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

buymp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

theres a video of Jeff playing old games but I cant watch it because ever since they changed video players I havent been able to watch any gb videos

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

theres a video of Jeff playing old games but I cant watch it because ever since they changed video players I havent been able to watch any gb videos

It's a really good video, you should figure that out. If you're a subscriber you should just paste the download link urls into your video player to watch em

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

i gave up going to their site and just watch everything on youtube, but thats not up there yet. also they dont post trailers to their youtube so its better to subscribe to than their rss feed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

It's a really good video, you should figure that out. If you're a subscriber you should just paste the download link urls into your video player to watch em

The download button doesnt even work for me anymore either, idk what happened