Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Scott Forstall posted:

this game is fun in ways I was not expecting

Is this from Larry David and Andre 3000 Explore the World?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wait, what is Cook Serve Delicious?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Snak posted:

Addicting!

... Okay okay - CSD is a game where you run a restaurant and make all of the food/do all of the chores yourself, in the form of short button presses - to clean up the toilets, press down and s. To make pizza, press c for cheese, b for bacon, then enter to set it to cooking. Now do all of that while juggling customers and rush hours and more - it's really, really addicting. Somehow it's perfectly balanced to hook me in, especially with the light management aspect - every day you make money from doing well, and you can buy new food/upgrades/etc.

It's good, if you click with it. Do not put a soda machine into your restaurant early on because you'll fumble trying to learn it and feel unhappy and thus ignore the game for a year like I did, when I could've been having fun.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The actual cooking is more of a rhythm and timing and resource management game than something like Cooking Mama where you're lovingly mimicking the actions and stages of cooking. You're juggling several orders with different amounts of prep and cook time, custodial and managerial activities, and then doing light business management stuff at the end of the day. It's pretty intense!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Crusader Kings 2, still a good fun game:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Cook Serve Delicious and Guild of Dungeoneering are the two most fun indie games I played this year

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Crusader Kings 2, still a good fun game:

You'd better take that kitty home with you.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah the kitty gives you a stat boost for like ten years.

Then dies :smith:

But you can hold a state funeral :unsmith:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Snak posted:

Root Beer Tapper mixed with like, Typing of the Dead. Its pretty fun actually.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

FirstAidKite posted:

Did rainbow six siege end up any good? I doubt I could ever run it and IIRC it is mostly based around multiplayer so it'll probably be dead by the time I could feasibly play it, but I liked the idea of being able to destroy the terrain and shoot and dig through walls and floors and ceilings and stuff
Rainbow Six Siege is great and it actually delivers on every bit of destructibility it promised except for being able to make arbitrary passageways in floors, which was probably too difficult to balance.

But yeah don't get it if you don't at least want to play coop, because there's really no single player, just a bunch of tutorial missions and the ability to play coop missions alone (but it's not balanced for that).

Love Stole the Day posted:

Rainbow Six: Siege is like the JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot of the video game world. It's a pretty good sci-fi action movie... but it's a terrible Star Trek movie.
Nah it's a pretty good Rainbow Six game too.

Those screenshots are from Vegas 2. Wait, are you getting Siege confused with the Vegas series?

Lurdiak posted:

Tien you skinhead piece of poo poo.

I think we're missing how great a name Buu Huu is

precision posted:

I always thought "goons will complain about everything but then buy it anyway" was an unfair generalization, but considering how many of y'all are playing Watch_Dogs 2 I'm not so sure.

Like I mean, I actually enjoyed Watch_Dogs and I haven't even thought about picking up 2 because there's so much better stuff right now
They were giving it away with Samsung SSDs

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 30, 2016

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

Blops 3 has a cooldown meter on your double jump and slide, which is lame.

haha holy poo poo I can't imagine playing a game like this. what's next, loving magic meter for your grenades and bullets?

for the record I find it hard to play overwatch after titanfall 2. not being able to clamber around everywhere and everything and also slide is a bummer. Dishonored 2 and TF2 make me want every FPS to have a slide function.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

haha holy poo poo I can't imagine playing a game like this. what's next, loving magic meter for your grenades and bullets?

TitanFall 2 has this though?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I will always love Half-Life 2's flashlight battery also being tied to your ability to run fast

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder if an online shooter version of Vanquish would be cool

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Help Im Alive posted:

I wonder if an online shooter version of Vanquish would be cool

Titanfall 2 is very cool, yes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I will always love Half-Life 2's flashlight battery also being tied to your ability to run fast

Wasn't that explained as being an HEV thing?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mordja posted:

I saw someone say the campaign is better than Vanquish but I don't know if I believe them

maybe I'll try the free weekend

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mordja posted:

the entire Into The Abyss sequence fighting through an assembly line of houses and ending with the simulation dome fights vs stalkers and Samuraibot was one of the best levels in any game this year

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

It's a relatively minor thing overall in what's otherwise an excellent game, but I hate how Vanquish has melee drain your shield completely and had your weapons downgrade when you die. Both seem like super dumb decisions that keep me from doing some cool poo poo. At the very least Titanfall 2 let's me jump kick dudes all day long.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Multiplayer Vanquish would be amazing but multiplayer time fuckery is more or less impossible so it will remain a beautiful dream.

FirstAidKite posted:

Wasn't that explained as being an HEV thing?

Yeah, the original rationalization was that the HEV suit had one battery it used for everything. Even Valve eventually realized this was dumb and they were decoupled in episode 2.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Gears 4 gets better after the robots, right?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How much of Doom (2016) do I have left after the destroyed Argent Tower?

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

I'd say like a 3/4's into the game.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I never played Doom yet so this is the only thing that always comes to mind whenever I hear Argent Tower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S3QKfqHWU4

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mak0rz posted:

I never played Doom yet so this is the only thing that always comes to mind whenever I hear Argent Tower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S3QKfqHWU4

Goddamn I hate the Backlash

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

December Games Chat: GOTY is Still Picross 3D Round 2

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

December Games Chat: GOTY is Still Picross 3D Round 2

As much as I like that game, not even close.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

MMF Freeway posted:

Goddamn I hate the Backlash

Better than the Sideswipe and Ballista imo

I hated Backlash and still find it kind of frustrating to use sometimes, but it grew on me. It's good to have a vehicle that requires some skill to use effectively and is still strong enough to eventually raze a building by ramming when you give up on trying to use it as intended.

I just feel its mechanics could be refined and the tutorial more clear.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

In Training posted:

How much of Doom (2016) do I have left after the destroyed Argent Tower?

Not enough of it is how much

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Had a really exciting 2-hour run of Enter the Gungeon in which I got the "Clone" item, which allows you to start from the beginning with all your current equipment health etc if you die. The game was actually fun to play for once instead of being eternal tedium and I had about 20 guns by the time I reached the second-to-last boss (before the real final boss in the secret hell area, which I still haven't cleared because it's absolute bullshit)

And then the game crashed walking into the boss room! So I am never going to play Enter the Gungeon ever again

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

H4mmer

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm actually disappointed because that is one of the best guns in the whole game and it carries me through like any run where I pick it up. And like the one time I actually have ammo for it for using it against the final boss, I get the double middle fingers from Unity instead

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I guess you can add "game crashing because gently caress you" to the list of things that can go south when the planets align and a Roguelike seems to be working in your favor..

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

glam rock hamhock posted:

As much as I like that game, not even close.
that's right, no game comes even close to how good Picross 3D Round 2 is

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Mak0rz posted:

I guess you can add "game crashing because gently caress you" to the list of things that can go south when the planets align and a Roguelike seems to be working in your favor..

in dungeons of dredmor it's called the dungeon collapsed and you get an achievement for it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Enter the Gungeon is the most disappointing game of 2016

ImpAtom posted:

It's Stux. You should know by now.
I don't know who Stux is. I only ever saw him post in the no mans sky thread.

I have since learned he is apparently kind of a goober.

Mak0rz posted:

I never played Doom yet
The gently caress are you waiting for

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

stux is good, and my friend

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Captain Invictus posted:

The gently caress are you waiting for