Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Artelier posted:

whoever designed the final dungeon of apocalypse hates people, homg

also I can't seem to find a way to hear Satan without resorting to BIGGER NUMBERSSSS

I still haven't beaten that game because that Dungeon is so bad, it's a real bummer. The fact you can't negotiate is also really crappy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Thanks for these! I had them in mind already, I just wasn't doing enough numbers. Leveled up to 95, got a Divine Powers team for fun and went to town.

then i fought the final boss

...i think i need to rethink my entire setup fml I DIDN'T EXPECT I'D NEED ENERGY DRAIN THIS MUCH WHY

went through almost all my good items on the boss... then found out he has at least one more form

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That first part of the fight feels pretty scripted really, you just sorta exchange buffs and debuffs until dialogue options pop up. What's hurting you so hard? I feel like you should have enough numbers on your side by now.

Speaking of forms, is that second part based off of anything? It was really cool seeing Satan's redesign based off of the book of Revelations.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

HGH posted:

That first part of the fight feels pretty scripted really, you just sorta exchange buffs and debuffs until dialogue options pop up. What's hurting you so hard? I feel like you should have enough numbers on your side by now.

Speaking of forms, is that second part based off of anything? It was really cool seeing Satan's redesign based off of the book of Revelations.

The game says that since God got his power by convincing humanity that other gods were actually demons, you weaken him by believe that he is actually Yaldabaoth/Demiurge. Of course, demonizing other gods was not about spreading Christianity, but preventing syncretism. The worship of Aesir Thor was already declining, but the Church was worried about some sort of Archangel Thor-iel. The irony is that SMT I has totally-not-an-angel Thor-man as a boss.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

HGH posted:

Speaking of forms, is that second part based off of anything?

He's a snake. Because Eden.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

HGH posted:

Think I just used too much MP in the first form, that's all. It felt long or maybe I didn't hit the conversation triggers fast enough so I hit the second form with almost no way to significantly recover MP and died quick.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UUlE-n_AFU

Atsushi Kitajoh's arrangement of Maya's theme is so great.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

victory

I had to reshuffle demons and specifically get some strong guys with magaon but it worked out in the end

thanks for the tips!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The concept art shows an alternate design for YHVH form 2 that had the 10 commandment tablets on him, which I thought looked cool.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

TurnipFritter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UUlE-n_AFU

Atsushi Kitajoh's arrangement of Maya's theme is so great.

Kitajoh is their next up-and-coming musician, I think. His contributions in various games have been pretty good.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
who did the devil survivor 2 ost?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The original game had a mixture of a number of musical artists and Meguro worked on Record Breakers new tracks.

Also Kitajoh's been their second for a while, he did all of the music on most of the spinoff games and even worked on some of the music in P4.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Kitajoh is really good and a worthy successor to Meguro.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Has Meguro given any indication that he wants to retire any time soon? Not that it's a bad thing to have more up and coming composers in the ranks, of course.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Confidants are starting to go up

Tae sounds weird, but Munehisa and Sojiro are basically perfect.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
SMT4A is loving expensive in Australia. Anyone know where to get it for cheaper than $70?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

Confidants are starting to go up

Tae sounds weird, but Munehisa and Sojiro are basically perfect.

Tae's VA makes me think of Wendie Malick for some reason

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

lol good job Isabeau, suiciding yourself against Seraph by casting Maziodyne every turn

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
the only character preview that matters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rFQ-DW4Lv4

e; she sounds to "mature" for 15 but thats just my HOT TAKE

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 6, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah but id rather that than someone trying way too hard to sound 15 and failing

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, that sounds alright. Not ideal, but it's a perfectly fine voice for the character and they're not trying to imitate Yuki which I appreciate.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's also not Uzume Tennouboshi or Orange Heart. (Same VA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKUttpxofY8

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
that's not d.va's voice actress

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The voice is fine but the lines they're delivering continue to sound super unnatural. Hopefully it's just the lines they picked out for the trailer, I guess.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Futaba's codename in English is Oracle as opposed to Navi. Love those comic references.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Futaba's codename in English is Oracle as opposed to Navi. Love those comic references.

Boy, Atlus is there anything you won't ruin with your localizations?! What next, HITLER?

Oh. Oh, right.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i thought navi was a zelda reference tbh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, I wasn't actually like complaining, it's just kind of an interesting thing to change.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Navi was the most boring codename so I think that's a good change.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, I wasn't actually like complaining, it's just kind of an interesting thing to change.

I know you weren't, I just wanted the excuse to reference the Hitler thing. (Which wasn't even localization but who cares.)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Honestly it just sounds like an older Asahi which is fine with me.
I don't think Oracle is nearly as well known outside the US but whatever. Unless she gets crippled by some ridiculous twist of fate by the end of the game.

I just saw the Sojiro preview and all I can hear is alcohol trivia swirling in the back of my head now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HGH posted:

I don't think Oracle is nearly as well known outside the US but whatever. Unless she gets crippled by some ridiculous twist of fate by the end of the game.

Yeah, but the US is the one calling her Oracle.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Me read online post good.
Woops.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I hope they change the Fortune coop's name to Miss Cleo.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

TurnipFritter posted:

I hope they change the Fortune coop's name to Miss Cleo.

Only if Persona 5 is revealed to be set in Lunarvale, USA and feature a cameo appearance by Mark

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Navi was the most boring codename so I think that's a good change.

Oracle's the most uninspired thing they could change it too so idk why you felt the need to try and justify it. Like I don't really care one way or the other about what they change what to, but that's one of the more nothing name changes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Erica Lindbeck has an interview too, it's really funny to me that Mercer is the only one with no interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV5xOE-g7Mo

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's Haru.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAWWQweNz2Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2b7uPrPViE

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That sure is a voice for Haru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Eh, I like it. It seems though that it's just meant to get across that she was basically a kid trapped by her parents. If her social link involves living in her parents legacy or something like that then it basically would confirm for me they were just trying to emulate yukiko