Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Also, what should I use my Master Ball on? I was thinking the electric guardian one since he seems cool as poo poo.
If you're going to use one of the Tapus in Battle Tree/online and like the way a Master Ball looks, go for it. Otherwise, eh, I just threw mine at Necrozma because I generally just toss it at the last legendary to save myself a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Does anyone have a Slush Rush sandslash for trade? I can give you a Snow Warning vulpix with Encore, Freeze-Dry, and Moonblast.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
sylveon is the best pokemon ever

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hate when you go to swap a pokemon out to breed a new type, but they lay an egg before you can get to the PC and to the counter.

Nemo07
Jul 26, 2013
From a couple pages back but...

Note Block posted:

Can't wait for someone to do a Gladion dance video, he's really the best

Get out.

:allears:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

How would I get a Smergle with

False Swpies
Soak
Thunderwave
SLEEP MOVE

I want one for capturing things. Specfically the Mimikyu in a Beast Ball

Sketch one of the dozens of Pokemon that learn it via HM OR Sketch the Hold Back on your Mystery Gift Snorlax for style-points.
Alomomola/Golduck/Psyduck or go with Pelipper if you have access to the Move Reminder late in the game
Pichu/Pikachu.
Spore? Paras. The ones at route 11 will have it.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 30, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Khanstant posted:

I hate when you go to swap a pokemon out to breed a new type, but they lay an egg before you can get to the PC and to the counter.
This is the most first-world problem and I will confess that I get absolutely FURIOUS EVERY TIME. It's an embarrassment of riches.

e: also, Thunder Wave is a TM, don't catch something specifically for it unless somehow you have nothing in your box that learns it

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Caught myself a Leavanny and will be breeding some Beast Ball Sewaddles, if anyone's interested in one let me know.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Nemo07 posted:

Get out.

both of these are extremely loving good

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The best way to sketch a move that a friendly pokemon knows is to SOS smeargle. Use adrenaline orb first turn, have the smeargle struggle. When it calls for help kill the first one with the move you want to use. the second smeargle will sketch then you're free to sketch from that one.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This is the most first-world problem and I will confess that I get absolutely FURIOUS EVERY TIME. It's an embarrassment of riches.

e: also, Thunder Wave is a TM, don't catch something specifically for it unless somehow you have nothing in your box that learns it

This is apparently true! Emerald and Platinum gave me the mindset that Thunder Wave is always something you have to buy from the post-game content with Battle Points, but it is much easier to obtain in the games after that.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 30, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

beat the elite four for a second time. even though they're stronger it doesn't make them much harder to beat, really...

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Nemo07 posted:

Get out.

BLESS

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tyblazitar posted:

Caught myself a Leavanny and will be breeding some Beast Ball Sewaddles, if anyone's interested in one let me know.
We really should make a Beast Ball spreadsheet, mostly so I can pester people to get everything they currently have and then become a pusher.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

I don't have a Sewaddle yet and I love beast nuts! 2681-0594-7193 is "a g-g-ghost!"

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 30, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Why aren't the box Legendary pokemon assigned a gender? The Dex entries straight up say "Lunala is the girl and Solgaleo is the boy" so it's kinda weird that it doesn't reflect that.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

We really should make a Beast Ball spreadsheet, mostly so I can pester people to get everything they currently have and then become a pusher.

Yeah, that would be great, also just for coordinating who catches what so we don't have people wasting balls on something that's already floating around.

Khanstant posted:

I don't have a Sewaddle yet and I love beast nuts! 2681-0594-7193 is "a g-g-ghost!"

We already traded earlier! Going online now.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
OH yeah, I should have remembered swirly goat.conncecting now

HeartNotes3
Jun 25, 2013
Where can I find a Ditto this gen?

Also wondering where to dye my hair purple.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

HeartNotes3 posted:

Third island.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Looker's gotta be mighty pissed watching me hand my team members Beast Balls then immediately turning around and claiming I "ran out".

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

HeartNotes3 posted:

Mount Hokulani on the third island. The patches of grass along the road south of the Observatory.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

HeartNotes3 posted:

That's special dye reserved for the champion of Alola.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Thank you based tyb. I need to hunt down something to beast ball myself to pass around. What's the real trick here anyway, just abuse storage to stock up as many beast balls as you can stomach and toss & reset until get a lucky crit catch?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Khanstant posted:

Thank you based tyb. I need to hunt down something to beast ball myself to pass around. What's the real trick here anyway, just abuse storage to stock up as many beast balls as you can stomach and toss & reset until get a lucky crit catch?
Pretty much, yeah. The rate is low, but if you're catching something reasonable it's not that bad at 1 HP asleep.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Khanstant posted:

yeah, they have massively reduced chances so you'll need a ton of them

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Yeah, I was silly and rushed through the UB quests and so I only have 20 balls left, but I'll probably end up buying Moon and farming them there. Until then I just soft reset if I need to use more than 2-3 balls, or 1 if it's an easy one.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
So tons of beast balls, first thing. Got it. Is there an old man I can talk to who can show me how to catch pokemon? Maybe an island somewhere that I can surf along and encounter special pokemon with item slot blessings?

Also, what's up with Shellder? I haven't been able to GTS one even for oddball mid-evolutions that seem to go pretty fast like Vanillish.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Khanstant posted:

So tons of beast balls, first thing. Got it. Is there an old man I can talk to who can show me how to catch pokemon? Maybe an island somewhere that I can surf along and encounter special pokemon with item slot blessings?

Also, what's up with Shellder? I haven't been able to GTS one even for oddball mid-evolutions that seem to go pretty fast like Vanillish.
Alas, because of GF's "one step forward, two back" policy, Missigno. is no longer in the game. :(

Shellder is one of those kind of hard to get Pokemon that most people don't want anyway. Just keep trying I guess.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

notoriousman posted:

Looker's gotta be mighty pissed watching me hand my team members Beast Balls then immediately turning around and claiming I "ran out".

Read the PC in lab A and talk to Wicke about the balls. They aren't producing more of them and are instead just trying to pawn off their stock because it reminds them of the darker half of the organization. All of the money they cost to produce was money already paid and they're a product they wouldn't want to try to sell over pawning them off on a 11 year old who surely won't use them for evil in the future.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
We're using them for good! Or at least bling, which is neutral.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

Alas, because of GF's "one step forward, two back" policy, Missigno. is no longer in the game. :(

Shellder is one of those kind of hard to get Pokemon that most people don't want anyway. Just keep trying I guess.

If people don't want a Shellder, they should look what it involves into. Just don't tell mom!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Johto Set and Kanto Set give you multiples of those candy bars you have too many of already. General Store ** sucks.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Khanstant posted:

If people don't want a Shellder, they should look what it involves into. Just don't tell mom!

I wonder what Freud would say to the fact that everyone's desperate for Castform, but no one wants Cloyster.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So apparently parting shot is currently banned from battle spot because of a glitch

How long does it usually take them to fix glitches?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I hate the battle tree

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

FishBulb posted:

So apparently parting shot is currently banned from battle spot because of a glitch

How long does it usually take them to fix glitches?

according to people subtweeting Serebii Z-Parting Shot and Z-Memento were forcing DCs in opponents

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Critical captured a Horsea in a beast ball. Now if only Tapu koko had gone into the fast ball

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What happens if you use Z-fling? Crystal gone forever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Why aren't the box Legendary pokemon assigned a gender? The Dex entries straight up say "Lunala is the girl and Solgaleo is the boy" so it's kinda weird that it doesn't reflect that.

The dex saying that is stupid.