Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
in other news, people on Reddit are still more retarded than us if they think this was mind blowing

I especially like the guy putting his name on the bottom of the pic like it's a loving thesis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

Sand zombies were kind of entertaining cause they were novel, but like, how the gently caress did they suddenly surround Dr. Dre and Tara? How were there like 20+ zombies that were unearthed by Tara pulling out a single backpack?

It would've been better writing if it were a few zombies and they took care of them then Tara slipped on a banana peel and fell in the water. But nope, now we've got teleporting sand zombies. :shrug:

IDK I thought they were a complete retread of the dirt zombie(s) that killed Tara's niece.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

redleader posted:

I'd managed to confuse Tara and Rosita wrt the lesbian doctor subplot.

Same

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

IDK I thought they were a complete retread of the dirt zombie(s) that killed Tara's niece.

Actually, etymologically speaking those were tarp zombies, not dirt zombies :colbert:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They were sandbar zombies get your species straight

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Johnny Truant posted:

Sand zombies were kind of entertaining cause they were novel, but like, how the gently caress did they suddenly surround Dr. Dre and Tara? How were there like 20+ zombies that were unearthed by Tara pulling out a single backpack?

It would've been better writing if it were a few zombies and they took care of them then Tara slipped on a banana peel and fell in the water. But nope, now we've got teleporting sand zombies. :shrug:

Yeah, how the gently caress were there zombies suddenly behind them?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They planned on making the sandvalanche even bigger but ran out of budget

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Sand gets everywhere.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

mushroom_spore posted:

I'm tired and probably forgetting details but I thought the context was "Carl wants to go rile up the giant post-apocalyptic army out of his personal need to regain a sense of control and get revenge, and to vent his anger at something, and to hell with the worse consequences he'll bring down on literally everyone else that he claims he's doing this on behalf of, even after they begged him to not do this thing specifically because it'd trigger worse things happening to them. Also he'll probably get tortured/and or killed, or used as a bargaining chip, and that wouldn't be doing the others any favors either."

I mean, I get the overall conceit of what you're saying... but the writers refuse to just be straight forward sometimes. If Enid had said "look I know you want to kill him... he's a bad guy and we all want him dead. But we have to bide our time. If you do it now you'll likely only get killed yourself and anger him even further" then that would have worked. But nooooo the writers have to try to pass it off as some great human drama of internal turmoil and conflict. But they're unable to write even the simplest of clear sentences.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tara should have hosed off and stayed with that group. But no one makes good decisions in this show anymore - except Negan and loving everyone over.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It would have made a lot more sense if Tara found something they were lacking in to, I don't know, create a trade deal? Instead, she decides to be cryptic and gently caress everything up. This is worse than when Eugene says poo poo is classified

But yeah that place was Tara's slice of Heaven

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

It would have made a lot more sense if Tara found something they were lacking in to, I don't know, create a trade deal? Instead, she decides to be cryptic and gently caress everything up. This is worse than when Eugene says poo poo is classified

Oh man, that just makes me wish one of the villagers was sick and Tara talked them into going to Alexandria to see their doctor.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Tara should have hosed off and stayed with that group. But no one makes good decisions in this show anymore - except Negan and loving everyone over.

Or been like "yo we have a completely competent group who would very readily gently caress off from Alexandria and join you to get away from Negan, what do you say?" but noooooooooooope.

moist turtleneck posted:

They planned on making the sandvalanche even bigger but ran out of budget

Sand doesn't grow on trees man, that poo poo is expensive.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Two weeks later, a comatose MurderBeard Rick stares off into space as the ocean is somehow on fire now

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

moist turtleneck posted:

in other news, people on Reddit are still more retarded than us if they think this was mind blowing

I especially like the guy putting his name on the bottom of the pic like it's a loving thesis

I...don't get the issue? The guy was clever enough to notice that the line was a callback to two seasons ago, and I never noticed that till now. I thought it was neat! What's wrong with this Reddit user?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Fionordequester posted:

I...don't get the issue? The guy was clever enough to notice that the line was a callback to two seasons ago, and I never noticed that till now. I thought it was neat! What's wrong with this Reddit user?

Because he made it into an image and put his name on it like he's making some sort of profound statement... instead of just saying "hey Glenn said that back in a different season. Neat."

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Fionordequester posted:

It is just how Reddit works, basically every thought needs it's own thread. If that had been noticed here someone would have just said, "Hey I noticed a cool call back". People would have said, "oh neat" and then moved on with discussion. On reddit though it needs to be a photo or no one cares, and everyone puts their names on poo poo so when it GOES VIRAL they get their e-cred. So it makes it seem like every idiot on there is making a huge deal about a thing they notice.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Wait do you guys not remember that line? I noticed it halfway through Tara saying it

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I don't think I remember a single line from this show that wasn't spoken in the last 6 episodes.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I don't think I remember a single line from this show that wasn't spoken in the last 6 episodesminutes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

same

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

moist turtleneck posted:

My favorite part was when the leader told Tara they wanted her because she was a great fighter and smart. Her people had worse aim than stormtroopers and she overpowered one person who stupidly confronted her at close distance despite having superior firepower and backup.

But this is the show that had an obviously extremely pregnant in real life but not on the show Tara last season and made no attempt at all to mask it.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Negan really went soft on Rick's group. I wonder how viciously the fishing group fought against Negan. Whatever they did resulted in every male being killed. Rick completely slaughtered one of Negan's outposts and Negan's punishment was to randomly kill one of them.

The man doesn't seem to be consistent with his punishments. That's no way to treat your children.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It kinda seemed like they were going to reveal that Rick's people had killed all of the men from the beach crew. That would have thrown some moral ambiguity into their relationship, but no, apparently it was just Negan because he's totally evil.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

cjg posted:

Rick completely slaughtered one of Negan's outposts and Negan's punishment was to randomly kill one of them.

Is Glen still under the dumpster?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Glen died because of Darryl

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

Wait do you guys not remember that line? I noticed it halfway through Tara saying it

Considering that line is from 8 years ago, it's not that unusual for people to forget it. It's not a memorable like, "hey idiot in the tank" or "stuff and things"

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Don't know if this was posted already, but JDM already announced Negan is gonna be back for Season 8. Have fun, dipshits.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It kinda seemed like they were going to reveal that Rick's people had killed all of the men from the beach crew. That would have thrown some moral ambiguity into their relationship, but no, apparently it was just Negan because he's totally evil.

I thought they were going to go there too. It would have made things so much more interesting. But the writers of this show suck.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Shitenshi posted:

Don't know if this was posted already, but JDM already announced Negan is gonna be back for Season 8. Have fun, dipshits.

Everything happens in the season premiers, so not all that shocking.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Shitenshi posted:

Cool I'll check back in at the season 8 finale.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I don't think I remember a single line from this show that wasn't spoken in the last 6 episodes.

Every line I can remember that isn't CAAAARUL was Abraham's, so of course he had to go.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I like how they knew all about the SAME outpost.

And yeah, if that was Negan's response then, it's hilarious he only killed a couple people now. A more clever show would explain this by saying that was Negan's turning point, that after that slaughter he ended up losing the whole community's productivity so he scaled it back a bit to stop that from happening again.

This show is not that clever.

moist turtleneck posted:

Said it before but I'll say it again, if that girl that helped her isn't her girlfriend and a show regular by the end of the season I'll eat my hat. Asianlander rules are out in force, the new Blacklander.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 30, 2016

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I enjoyed how Tara offered up information on her murderous group of friends killing an entire outpost of strangers in their sleep basically unprompted.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vintersorg posted:

If you think Negan is making good decisions, holy poo poo. Dude keeps giving weapons to people because he's so sure they won't kill him when in reality, oh boy would he have died a dozen settlements ago. He's been a massive idiot. Hilariously despite coming from the same writing team, his right hand Trevor is being far, far smarter about everything he does. Dude keeps armed people in the room with him, only talks to someone in private with an army outside, and is ten times as frightening. It's really funny, really.

All it would take to end Negan is just one person who doesn't give a gently caress and has a gun. Hell, Carl would probably kill him next episode if not for his immense plot armor.

ED: I really do wish there was an alternate gag-reel take where he comes up and starts doing his arrogant-act to Spencer and Spencer, being a dipshit, just pulls his sidearm and puts a shot between his eyes. I don't even know how the gently caress ANYONE would have reacted to it. Hell, if they armed all of Alexandria they probably could have killed Negan and all his men, and yeah, good luck keeping their army together after that.

If this was Game of Thrones I think Negan would have been lead into town to pick up what was his and then be lit up by snipers in every loving house.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 30, 2016

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

I enjoyed how Tara offered up information on her murderous group of friends killing an entire outpost of strangers in their sleep basically unprompted.

Yeah, that was really weird and not a way to make friends. Maybe that's why they tried to kill her the next day. Stupid Tara.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

moist turtleneck posted:

Just cross it out and put your own. Repost it on reddit in an week and get free reddit gold.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Tenzarin posted:

Just cross it out and put your own. Repost it on reddit in an week and get free reddit gold.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

How's everyone expecting the half season to end? I'm going with "cliffhanger where Carl might die" followed by a two episode Negan flashback origin story and nothing happens to Carl when the next half opens. Eugene might say something funny, but probably not, because he's sad now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Useless background character who was never important until that episode dies, which is somehow the final straw to bring back Rick's fighting spirit. Also Daryl breaks out and steals back his awful vest and motorcycle.