Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CrazyLoon posted:

okay, I give up, where's this from?

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWRKlNlRsgI

Gwar interviewed by Joan Rivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
shelled out for the gimmick account but not the custom av.

weak.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

Funny how they never continued to talk about SC either. Maybe it was a C&D? Just saying.

Blatantly untrue:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167942-Star-Citizen-2-500-Refund
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168586-Star-Citizen-Singleplayer-Campaign-Delayed

Much like Chris, you say things without any evidence to back up your claims.

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016
And the worst of the bunch

Where the gently caress is Major Tom.

This loving idiot who keeps reporting the same bugs (alpha fucknut) again and again as if this owns CIG in any way shape or form is just loving priceless. I dont think hes hacking as its an alpha but the gimmick is tired and old and no one gives a poo poo. Give it a rest before CIG finds your account and you get locked out of SC. But itd probably be a blessing. You betrayed the trust CIG showed in you giving you a license to their alpha. You are demonstrably trying to destroy the game after thy trusted you with their proprieary program.

Theres a special place where you are going if you do not apologize to me (symbolic backer) and more importantly to CIG.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
i'm disappointed, this wasn't the ownage backers were promised

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016
Alright im done for now. My goal is to help correct some of the more blatant untruths here. Having a skeptical outlook is fine but many of you take it way too far.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

Is this Surface Detail's latest account? Let's see the testicles to be sure.

Nope, it's ABH.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Shart posted:

Alright im done for now. My goal is to help correct some of the more blatant untruths here. Having a skeptical outlook is fine but many of you take it way too far.

I commend you, you have a lot of balls showing in this thread.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Nicholas posted:

The only way chris knows how to fix things is with more promises. And Shitizens take the promise of something imminent (2 weeks!) as proof / reassurance that work is being completed, even after it never materializes... and they keep falling for it.

quoting my amazingly prescient post from a couple weeks ago

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

D_Shart posted:

Alright im done for now.
Nah.

quote:

My goal is to help correct some of the more blatant untruths here.
Nah.

quote:

Having a skeptical outlook is fine but many of you take it way too far.
Nah.

Also, on the topic of The Escapist, this seems really quaint now.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Did Surface get banned again?

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

Nicholas posted:

quoting my amazingly prescient post from a couple weeks ago

2.6 is in evocati hands right now as we speak. So looks like you just owned yourself.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

I like angry shills the best. Bravo Mr Shart.

Would you like to buy a picture of a spaceship?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

thatguy posted:

Did Surface get banned again?

He got 3 days yesterday

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Did anyone say D Shart yet?

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

D_Shart posted:

So I finally decided to join as I have a few bones to pick. You'll be seeing more of me you better get used to it.

This will take a few moments so everyone shut the gently caress up til Im done or risk the ownzone.

Hi, Do you know our Lord and Savior, Tane?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Shart posted:

You should be loving ashamed of yourself facilitating this loving thread. I am here to save you from yourself.

You are supposed to be a brave avocado. Trusted by CIG. You've turned brown my friend and need to remove yourself before you spoil the guacamole.

Hey this is a promising gimmick

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

TheGodofIris posted:

Hi, Do you know our Lord and Savior, Tane?

Im aware of your low effort memes yes.

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Hey this is a promising gimmick

no one cares what you think. You get like one reply for every 500 posts you make.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Shart posted:

And the worst of the bunch

This loving idiot who keeps reporting the same bugs (alpha fucknut) again and again as if this owns CIG in any way shape or form is just loving priceless. I dont think hes hacking as its an alpha but the gimmick is tired and old and no one gives a poo poo. Give it a rest before CIG finds your account and you get locked out of SC. But itd probably be a blessing. You betrayed the trust CIG showed in you giving you a license to their alpha. You are demonstrably trying to destroy the game after thy trusted you with their proprieary program.

Theres a special place where you are going if you do not apologize to me (symbolic backer) and more importantly to CIG.

he hasn't done a vid in weeks, we're all waiting for star marine

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

D_Shart posted:

So I finally decided to join as I have a few bones to pick. You'll be seeing more of me you better get used to it.

This will take a few moments so everyone shut the gently caress up til Im done or risk the ownzone.

Please don't be a gimmick. Please don't be a gimmick...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Shart posted:

no one cares what you think. You get like one reply for every 500 posts you make.

I've counted and it's closer to one per 380 :smuggo:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Raskolnikov posted:

alas :(

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Raskolnikov posted:

:same:

but its probably surface detail

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

D_Shart posted:

Reported for attempted doxxing.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

1 NOVEMBER 2014 6:55 AM

In the presentation, Roberts talked a bit about the timeline for the game's staggered module launch. He told us that we can expect Arena Commander 1.0 in late 2014, with the FPS module, the Planetside/Social module, Arena Commander 2.0, Squadron 42's first chapter, and Planetside's persistent universe alpha arriving in 2015, and in that order. Squadron 42 is the game's single-player mode, and should last somewhere between 15-20 hours.

K. :lol:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

ManofManyAliases posted:

Funny how they never continued to talk about SC either. Maybe it was a C&D? Just saying.

Sounds iron clad to me, a cease and desist over the article that tied for 3rd place in the category of Excellence In Journalism in 2015 by Kunkel. https://www.spj.org/kunkel-winners.asp#NewsReporting

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

You just plug in the modules and away you go! From there we build even bigger dreams!

edit: lego is great. That red spaceman is giving me so many memories :allears:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

CrazyLoon posted:

okay, I give up, where's this from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWRKlNlRsgI&t=9s

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

D_Shart posted:

Welcome!

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

1 NOVEMBER 2014 6:55 AM

In the presentation, Roberts talked a bit about the timeline for the game's staggered module launch. He told us that we can expect Arena Commander 1.0 in late 2014, with the FPS module, the Planetside/Social module, Arena Commander 2.0, Squadron 42's first chapter, and Planetside's persistent universe alpha arriving in 2015, and in that order. Squadron 42 is the game's single-player mode, and should last somewhere between 15-20 hours.

K. :lol:

that is all in the game other than sq 42

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

We all love to be pedantic here. Stepping back, CIG is implementing yet another patch that you said could not be done. You said it with 2.0, and we got 2.4 and 2.5 out of it that introduced more clients, more play and even larger maps/scenes/whatever other word you insert here for a game space where players exist (see: your hilarious back-and-forth with Ben Parry on ED forums).

1/2/3/4 weeks late: whatever Smart. They're still going to get there and it'll be yet another milestone that you claim could not be done, "like - at all,"

And you know what, Smart? I hope they sell even more ships to get there. I hope people pledge the gently caress out of those ships because each pledge/sale/donation/whatever that they get is 'x' more $$$$ that gets you going daily. It's entertaining.

MoMA, I like you and all so don't think I am piling on, but... At least from my PoV, I do think SC will come out, however, not with the feature set promised, and only if CIG can get a coherent roadmap and locked featureset implemented before everyone gets impatient and stops funding.

And I will NOT encourage spite funding as we have seen on multiple occasions you will get what Chris Roberts can focus on long enough to get done, not what was originally promised. (And, yes, I do have ADD, so I am not being mean there.) Plus, when someone misbehaves (which is how I see CIG at this point), you don't give them a cookie, pat them on the head, and say "Good job!" You basically tell them to stop their bad behaviour or they will be punished.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

D_Shart posted:

Hi Ben , did you forget the password to your old SA account ?

Icum2wingcommander

Happy to help

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Raskolnikov posted:

You just plug in the modules and away you go! From there we build even bigger dreams!

edit: lego is great. That red spaceman is giving me so many memories :allears:

Ah yes, back when LEGO was real proper LEGO.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Shart posted:

this is a good gimmick account. I'm glad of it.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

D_Shart posted:

that is all in the game other than sq 42

It's been "rolled in" and I just missed it? Can you really call a very poor 4v4 fire fight in samey hallways with plenty of glitches (wtfosaurus streams hahah) a full "module" of features?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Hell yes I have, the Aegis Uninstaller

I heard you had to hack config files to unlock that one! You foul miscreant you!

:argh: :laugh:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

2017 is a big year for alien-tech. If they release the Stinger and Void Bomber, I may be very weak with my wallet once more.

Please don't, buddy. We like you and want to see you do well. I don't want to have to have an intervention.

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

Samizdata posted:

Please don't, buddy. We like you and want to see you do well. I don't want to have to have an intervention.

As long as he has the disposable income whats the harm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi, hope you're all having a fabulous day of screaming at the computer game, at eachother, at strangers on the internet etc. I just want to remind you all to call or visit your parents wherever it is possible for you to do so, because they love and care about you.

• Locked thread