Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Is obama coming to the trump correspondent's dinner?!

its only fair

i want an obama pip cam during it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Karl Sharks posted:

this only "effectively" eliminates superpacs

meaning it makes it easier for people to donate directly and people will know you did, but still allows you to donate to superpacs if you don't want people knowing what you're doing

Take away the "you can still donate to super pacs" part and it technically makes things more transparent.

I mean, I can't objectively see the difference between "I donated 6,000,000" and "I donated 6,000,000 to an organization so that they do this " except for plausible deniability and the ability for my money to not be used for the purpose I wanted.

I mean, this is a dumb half-measure and we should just go whole hog and say "no donations" but that might gently caress grassroots movements in the rear end.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
Nite Crewdistan

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Baloogan posted:

its only fair

He'll pay off one of his darker skinned basketball buddies to sit in for him and nobody will notice the difference.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

The Nastier Nate posted:

then let me make an addendum to my post, in that a law getting rid of superpacs and encouraging fully disclosed direct donations to the candidate, would only make sense if there were laws put in place that would make it illegal for outside groups (superpacs) with undisclosed donors to spend money on elections.

I realize that's extremely unlikely because then you are really getting into anti-free speech if some citizens get together and form something like the "Citizens for electing shitheads to congress" and the law prevents them from spending money independently on a candidate. And unfortunately if someone and their idiot friends want to get together and pay for a billboard to help elect shitheads to congress, that's their right.

yeah that's okay/better, but not what's happening; not that i'm like getting onto you about it or accusing you necessarily but i think a lot of people are seeing "eliminates superpacs" and "disclosure" without realizing this changes nothing other than making it easier for individuals to contribute to a candidate without adding difficulty/transparency when it comes to superpac contributions

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/804061341275344907

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Baloogan posted:

its only fair

u bet ur rear end malik will be there

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Obama has natural comedic timing, and a very good sense of humor. He often uses self-deprecating humor, something that DJT is not capable of.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Turdfuzz posted:

u bet ur rear end malik will be there

awww hell yeah

magahats

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

N O T H I N G M A T T E R S

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

N O T H I N G M A T T E R S

lol

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Covok posted:

Take away the "you can still donate to super pacs" part and it technically makes things more transparent.

I mean, I can't objectively see the difference between "I donated 6,000,000" and "I donated 6,000,000 to an organization so that they do this " except for plausible deniability and the ability for my money to not be used for the purpose I wanted.

the difference being when you donate money to a candidate, your name is listed on the FEC website

when you donate money to a superpac there are ways so that your name can never be linked to that superpac or any of its activies

the former is good and should stay, but the latter is bad and should not, but this bill does nothing to the latter

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

WarMECH posted:

Obama has natural comedic timing, and a very good sense of humor. He often uses self-deprecating humor, something that DJT is not capable of.

President Elect Donald J Trump has lead to more comedy than ANYTHING else!!!!!!!! like, i'm pretty sure ive laughed more about things in this election than all comedy movies ive ever watched, or all comedian standup ive ever watched

Trump is the greatest entertainer in american history

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

:laffo:

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Trump is the King of Trolls.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

Nite Crewdistan

we're going to bomb nite crew and take their gifs

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/AP/status/804066231884140552

:rip: alfred e leppo

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Baloogan posted:

President Elect Donald J Trump has lead to more comedy than ANYTHING else!!!!!!!! like, i'm pretty sure ive laughed more about things in this election than all comedy movies ive ever watched, or all comedian standup ive ever watched

did you watch the smith dinner?

he's only entertaining when he's not trying to be

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

you can't even make this poo poo up at this point.

Writers of VEEP and House of Cards are thinking "why didn't we think of that..........."

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Baloogan posted:

because we are laughing at him

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I hope CNN has a satellite truck outside the probation officers' house and asks him about it every time he opens the front door.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Karl Sharks posted:

did you watch the smith dinner?

he's only entertaining when he's not trying to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trLbb0Ucyy4&t=36s

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

that cucks

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
It's actually very progressive to hire a convicted criminal and give them a second chance

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Suddenly the Republicans are like "gently caress YEAH RECOUNT EVERY STATE WOOOOOOO"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

It's actually very progressive to hire a convicted criminal and give them a second chance

oliver north thanks you for your understanding

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh right, he was given full immunity not pardoned and then he said he couldn't remember anything lol

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Attorney General will be a guy too racist to be a judge.

Secretary of State will be a guy who needs permission from police to leave his house.

Secretary of Transportation will be an Asian lady who is stereotypically a bad driver.

Trump is the greatest comedian that ever lived!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

mannerup posted:

awaiting the 2017 white house correspondents' dinner

I think the Trump admin has already basically invited the WH Correspondents group to disband. I see him not choosing to go to the dinner.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

would the federal government subsidize his wages then?

Lord of Pie posted:

Suddenly the Republicans are like "gently caress YEAH RECOUNT EVERY STATE WOOOOOOO"

lmao i want them to do this, then widespread fraud for trump is found and they're like "uh poo poo"

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Someone in my college classroom is reading this thread lmao I can see them

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

navyjack posted:

I think the Trump admin has already basically invited the WH Correspondents group to disband. I see him not choosing to go to the dinner.

can obama just host one anyways and roast president trump

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

blue squares posted:

when he turns around make a kissy face at him

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

blue squares posted:

introduce yourself as ed balls

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

blue squares posted:

hahahhahaha lol

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

blue squares posted:

quick someone post an inline goatse we can get like half a classroom.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Karl Sharks posted:

introduce yourself as ed balls

do u have ed balls in ur house

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

blue squares posted:

shameful

MaxxBot