Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Funky Valentine posted:

"YOU HAVE SUMMONED ME. WHAT IS YOU-"

*Shrenron sees Gohan*

"OH GODDAMMIT WHAT IS IT NOW"

I'm waiting for him to just lose it in DBZA.

"THE DRAGONBALLS ARE FOR EVERYONE YOU KNOW?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

deadly_pudding posted:

I can't wait for Majin Vegeta to do "Thwartin my plans?" like 2 years from now. That's probably my favorite callback from DBZA.

There's still a lot I'm really looking forward to in DBZA after the Cell Games
Saiyaman, Majin Vegeta, Hercule becoming friends with Buu, Super Buu, Vegito, the Spirit Bomb, Krillen having hair, the Buu Saga has a ton of great stuff in it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I choose to believe that Gohan, growing up in the environment he did, just has no idea how actual medicine and sickness works.

That's just classic dad behaviour, especially with your first child. If your baby coughs once you're just gonna fly into a hypochondriac fury.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Gohan is a good dad unlike his own father.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Augus posted:

There's still a lot I'm really looking forward to in DBZA after the Cell Games
Saiyaman, Majin Vegeta, Hercule becoming friends with Buu, Super Buu, Vegito, the Spirit Bomb, Krillen having hair, the Buu Saga has a ton of great stuff in it.

Saiyaman should have Batman voice.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
It's not going to be so funny when we find out that Goku's heart disease is hereditary.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Rhonne posted:

It's not going to be so funny when we find out that Goku's heart disease is hereditary.

Viruses aren't hereditary :colbert:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

zelah posted:

Being overly susceptible to specific ones could be though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

zelah posted:

Look, actually, what happened is a big miscommunication. Goku didn't have a Heart Virus, he had a Heart Beerus.

Just a tiny angry god punching his heart from the inside. The cure was actually micronized delicious food which satisfied him enough to go off somewhere else instead.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

deadly_pudding posted:

I can't wait for Majin Vegeta to do "Thwartin my plans?" like 2 years from now. That's probably my favorite callback from DBZA.

Goten going SSJ while fighting with Chichi is going to be amaaaaaazing.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DBZA Goku is going to be psyched for Krillin with hair

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

DBZA Goku will never get past the fact that Goten looks exactly him

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

DBZA Vegeta-dad is going to be amazing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Actually the moment I can't wait for is the only piccolos speech to Goku during the Cell games.

Especially since they decided to treat serious moments seriously.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Rhonne posted:

DBZA Vegeta-dad is going to be amazing.

They need to do a callback to the "YOU BIT MY TAIL!" scene with kid-Trunks and Vegeta training together.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016...tm_nooverride=1

probably already posted, but here you go

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I was late catching dbz super this week, but the bits with 18 trying to find the perfect gift for krillin were :3: as hell.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
18 is cool as hell

they should do some weird ritual to channel god ki into her and then make her the goddess of destruction

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

eonwe posted:

18 is cool as hell

they should do some weird ritual to channel god ki into her and then make her the goddess of destruction

They should, but they won't.

Women don't get to do things in Dragon Ball. :smith:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

eonwe posted:

18 is cool as hell

Oh man it would be like the purestrain good poo poo god ki, too, because isn't all of her existing power technological in origin? She's basically an empty vessel.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

bring back lunch
Also, bring back Lunch

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

They should, but they won't.

Women don't get to do things in Dragon Ball. :smith:

pan defeated trunks in single combat

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Android 18 is such a fun concept for a character.

"Super-powered killing machine who legit finds a husband she loves, settles down, and has a happy life." The only flaw with it is her going all Generic Housewifey instead of putting her fist through the face of Frieza's minions when they try to screw up her happy gold-hording life.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also they need to bring back Eighter from DB. I saw him briefly in that episode where Trunks is doing the sword spirit bomb thing I think, and I remember how much I missed that dude

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Android 18 is such a fun concept for a character.

"Super-powered killing machine who legit finds a husband she loves, settles down, and has a happy life." The only flaw with it is her going all Generic Housewifey instead of putting her fist through the face of Frieza's minions when they try to screw up her happy gold-hording life.

at least she brought it up when it happened and still has fun moments where her personality shines through

on the other hand you have videl, who's gotta be the biggest waste of a character in super. also it's still weird to me that she and gohan aged 10 years over the course of the few months since kid buu was beaten

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Marron will be the leader of the Next Generation Z Fighters.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Dexo posted:

Gohan is a good dad unlike his own father.

Why didn't Gohan attempt to use a Senzu Bean to cure Pan's fever? You'd think that would be his go-to remedy by now. Perhaps they were out of beans due to the whole Zamasu ordeal, who knows.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jedah posted:

Why didn't Gohan attempt to use a Senzu Bean to cure Pan's fever? You'd think that would be his go-to remedy by now. Perhaps they were out of beans due to the whole Zamasu ordeal, who knows.

I don't think senzu beans work on illnesses, just physical injuries

they didn't help goku with his heart thing either

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

He should just borrow a Pan from a timeline where she has no fever. That's how you handle problems.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I bet his mom would lend him a pan if he really needed one. she must have a bunch lying around the kitchen, the way goku eats

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Manatee Cannon posted:

at least she brought it up when it happened and still has fun moments where her personality shines through

on the other hand you have videl, who's gotta be the biggest waste of a character in super. also it's still weird to me that she and gohan aged 10 years over the course of the few months since kid buu was beaten

Wait, what? poo poo, I totally forgot that Gohan is like, 17 or 18 during the Buu Saga. That puts him and Videl way young to have a fuckin' kid and be vying for a professor position. :psyduck: Do I have this wrong?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they got married, had a kid, graduated high school (and I guess college for gohan), gohan became a professor of who knows what, and they even settled down in a nice house over the course of less than a year

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gohan wrote his doctorate on what happens when you vaporize a cell with Ki.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I guess they really wanted Pan as a character. Or they just didn't think it through :v:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Wait, what? poo poo, I totally forgot that Gohan is like, 17 or 18 during the Buu Saga. That puts him and Videl way young to have a fuckin' kid and be vying for a professor position. :psyduck: Do I have this wrong?

It's actually been about 6 or 7 years since the end of Buu.

E: That or the end of Z is just plain not happening anymore. It's almost definitely been more than a year though.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't think senzu beans work on illnesses, just physical injuries

Strange, but yeah, I'll go along with DB logic. I guess Gohan truly is a good dad.

And I guess we can't say Pan is "weak" anymore, since she just got a Zenkai power-up, courtesy of Shenron.

Yeah, Kid Trunks is about to get his rear end kicked. :pgabz:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: That or the end of Z is just plain not happening anymore. It's almost definitely been more than a year though.

Really? None of the kids have aged at all though. Like, the half-saiyans could get a pass because :effort:, but I'm pretty sure Maron is still a baby.

I don't know why you can't just shove the Dragonballs into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to get daily wishes though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

frankly you just shouldn't worry about the timeline much at all. it's fun to poke holes in it so long as you don't take it too seriously

like future trunks' age is impossible, and if there was any time skip than present trunks and goten's ages are also impossible

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
We're not getting Uub, we probably won't get Bra, we really haven't lost anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

VanSandman posted:

We're not getting Uub, we probably won't get Bra, we really haven't lost anything.

But then we'll never get Majuub!

• Locked thread