Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Miranda is objectively better than Jack. Warp vs. Pull, it's not even a contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

hard counter posted:

Eh, I'd say she's implied to have better biotics than Jansen and Thane. She's only really outclassed by your powerhouses, a(nother) science experiment and a millennia-old asari or her spooky monster daughter
Jack is described as "the most powerful human biotic of our time" and even Miranda quantifies herself as being powerful "for a human." Asari schoolchildren are probably better biotics than 99% of us.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

That makes sense, Miranda can biotically tangle with asari mercs at least as the last video showed. That would match her with (as usual) the top 1% of yoomanity.

makes you wonder where biotic shepard fits on the spectrum tho :allears:

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My Shep can Warp with the best of them, but then again I picked Adept. Put him together with Jack and Grunt (Garrus and EDI in ME3) for some combined firepower and they can chew through legions of Collectors, geth and whatever else.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Maybe one day I'll try a class that isn't Vanguard.

Ah, who am I kidding. I can't play ME2 and 3 without constantly charging at everything in sight.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
And in ME: Andromeda, everybody can charge!

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This is Miranda's VA (Yvonne Strahovski), by the way, on whose appearance Miranda is based:

OK, slightly larger than normal front teeth, but still not quite buck-toothed.

Adept is fun because you can combine pistols, grenades, machine guns and biotics equally while rotating squad members and their abilities to suit the mission.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Doc Morbid posted:

Maybe one day I'll try a class that isn't Vanguard.

Ah, who am I kidding. I can't play ME2 and 3 without constantly charging at everything in sight.

drat straight. Once you go Vanguard everything else seems so goddamned boring. I mean, what other class can give you the sheer, visceral joy of headbutting an Atlas mech to death?

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie

grack posted:

drat straight. Once you go Vanguard everything else seems so goddamned boring. I mean, what other class can give you the sheer, visceral joy of headbutting an Atlas mech to death?

The only one that rivals the vanguard is the infiltrator. Then you get to shoot out the pilot of the atlas and board it!

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

grimlock_master posted:

The only one that rivals the vanguard is the infiltrator. Then you get to shoot out the pilot of the atlas and board it!

:agreed:

I prefer their versatility, it's telling that SP decided to roll with a sniper rifle secondary.

I do appreciate that vanguards feel real high intensity tho. You can't quite match that as even as a shotgun infiltrator who flickers out and delivers [right hooks] to enemy spines.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
The only real problem with vanguard in MP is that really only the host can play it. Everyone else ends up getting raptured unless they live next door.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

zxqv8 posted:

The only real problem with vanguard in MP is that really only the host can play it. Everyone else ends up getting raptured unless they live next door.

Rapture has't been an issue for quite some time now, Charge just won't engage- at least on the 360/Xbone. So it's a just little more nail-bitey for the non host.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next Update's Ingredients:
Vodka
St Germain
Pomegranate juice

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Make Zakera Ward Great Again

The Drink
Catwalk
2 oz vodka
1 oz St Germain
Pomegranate juice

Pour liquors over ice, top up with juice. Stir and serve.

The Drinking Game
Drink whenever Thane has a flashback

The Episode
Thane's loyalty mission. In a twist this time the daddy issue goes looking to solve itself. Thane's son found out he murders people for a living and for some reason decides this is a trade he should take up so he signs on to shoot a racist turian politician in the face. Thane finds a kid who used to spy for him is the one who got Kolyat the job so we make him poo poo his pants and tell us who set the thing up - a local gangster who pays off Bailey, but Bailey helps us out anyway.

Kelham is voiced by Keith Szarabajka who is a most prolific VA in vidyagames. Fun Fact: He's also the voice of Harbinger! He's been in a ton of poo poo, but for some reason I always remember him as a basically uncredited VA in Saints Row 2 yelling "You're a cancer on America's roads!" every time I drove on the sidewalk which was a lot. If you have a high enough renegade score you can basically threaten to shoot him and skip the beating (though I think beating on him is more fun) and if you take the nice route he dodges us long enough for his lawyer to barge in where you can also pass a renegade check to do the Spectre thing at which point the lawyer goes "lol dude you're hosed I'm outta here."

We then have to do one of the dumber gimmicks in the game, which is stand on the catwalk staring down at Talid while Thane pesters us for updates. I don't know why he can't figure this out for himself when he says he has the target in sight, or why he's not the one on the loving catwalk because he's the goddamn assassin with the sniper rifle and high ground would be the better position. I've failed this mission more than once because the stupid targeting reticle wouldn't show up and I couldn't update in time. Then there's a pseudo-showdown and things get somewhat better. Hilariously you can shoot Talid yourself if you don't take the paragon interrupt and then tell Kolyat he's a lovely assassin.

We're about halfway done with our loyalty missions. We can keep doing these or dive into some of the DLC.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SubponticatePoster posted:

Kelham is voiced by Keith Szarabajka who is a most prolific VA in vidyagames. Fun Fact: He's also the voice of Harbinger! He's been in a ton of poo poo, but for some reason I always remember him as a basically uncredited VA in Saints Row 2 yelling "You're a cancer on America's roads!" every time I drove on the sidewalk which was a lot.

He'll always be Skyrim's Male Dark Elf to me. One of the best voices in that entire franchise, right next to Stephen Russell (Belethor et al.)

"Fortune and glory, friend. Fortune and glory."

By the way, I finished ME3. I can see why so many people hated the ending, but I still think the response to it was entirely disproportionate.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

ScreamingLlama posted:

By the way, I finished ME3. I can see why so many people hated the ending, but I still think the response to it was entirely disproportionate.

Hell hath no fury like a nerd scorned.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I suspect Mouse wasn't actually talking to anyone but just rehearsing lines. :v:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

ScreamingLlama posted:

I'm assuming you saw the revised Extended Cut version of the ending, which upgrades it from "holy gently caress what just happened :shepicide:" to "kinda lame but whatever, I'll take it."

To be fair, my reaction was always closer to the latter. It was certainly dumb and disappointing, but I just didn't bother raging about it.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 30, 2016

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress off Batman posted:

Hell hath no fury like a nerd scorned.

Horseshit, some people are just overgrown bratty children.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ScreamingLlama posted:

Horseshit, some people are just overgrown bratty children.
Yeah, nerds! :v:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Szarabajka will always be Herschel Biggs from "LA Noire" for me. He was fantastic in that, in a game already with solid voice acting.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Jesus Christ is that guy part wookiee?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

The first pic you used was better imo

Jesus Christ is that guy part wookiee?

*checks own arm*

Um...

*clears throat*

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh!
Grrf?

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

my dad posted:

The first pic you used was better imo

eh, I found it annoying

grack
Jan 10, 2012

ScreamingLlama posted:

After ME2 a bunch of people figured out what the actual ending to ME3 was supposed to entail and it was a shitload more interesting than what was actually done.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Eh, it was pretty much "Gurren Lagann, but with Reapers instead of the Anti-Spirals".

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Regalingualius posted:

Eh, it was pretty much "Gurren Lagann, but with Reapers instead of the Anti-Spirals".

Even Gurren Lagann ended with the main characters screaming at the Anti-Spirals "You know if you had actually told us what was going on rather than treating us like meddling insects perhaps we would have helped rather than almost blowing up the universe in our desperate fearful scrabbling to survive."

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

And it would have been more interesting than 'Robots are bad, m'kay?"

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
While I'd love to talk about That Ending, I'd rather we wait until we get there as part of the LP (Not that I'm assuming SP will be doing ME3, it's entirely up to them), so we don't burn ourselves out prior.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

We then have to do one of the dumber gimmicks in the game, which is stand on the catwalk staring down at Talid while Thane pesters us for updates. I don't know why he can't figure this out for himself when he says he has the target in sight, or why he's not the one on the loving catwalk because he's the goddamn assassin with the sniper rifle and high ground would be the better position. I've failed this mission more than once because the stupid targeting reticle wouldn't show up and I couldn't update in time. Then there's a pseudo-showdown and things get somewhat better. Hilariously you can shoot Talid yourself if you don't take the paragon interrupt and then tell Kolyat he's a lovely assassin.

iirc if shepard isn't wearing a helmet you can see her mouthing thane's dialogue while she's up on the catwalk, it was the result of this one weird trick developers use to make sound come from the right area

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

GoneRampant posted:

While I'd love to talk about That Ending, I'd rather we wait until we get there as part of the LP (Not that I'm assuming SP will be doing ME3, it's entirely up to them), so we don't burn ourselves out prior.
I am! But yeah, we probably ought to keep ending talk to a minimum since there are a couple of people here who have never played the series. Jump on over to the regular Games ME thread and there is all the ending discussion you can stand (and most likely more than that).

hard counter posted:

iirc if shepard isn't wearing a helmet you can see her mouthing thane's dialogue while she's up on the catwalk, it was the result of this one weird trick developers use to make sound come from the right area
Haha, I never noticed that, probably because I always do play with a helmet of some kind on.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I just finished a full ME trilogy playthrough (first time I've managed to keep the same character all the way from ME1 to the end of ME3 without having to download a save file at some point) a couple of days ago, and now I'm considering starting another one. I may have serious mental issues.

Maybe I'll just start from ME2 with a downloaded save even though I love the first game. Could finally do a run where Kaidan is not blown up, I've never had him alive on any of my ME2 playthroughs because his voice always gives me traumatic Carth flashbacks.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
There's no shame in that. I'm on PS3 so there's no way to do that (though you can use the Genesis "comic" to pick some choices from the first game) which results in missing out on a lot of things :(

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Just for the record, I haven't played through any of these games. I heard about the ending, but it's still confusing for me as to what actually happens.

Also, some Raiden knockoff, but we aren't there yet.

I only know about... I think 2/3s of this game.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
ME3's low-budget raiden knockoff is one of many disappointing and somehow still funny things in that game.

But the multiplayer was phenomenal so its letdown of a story gets a pass in the end.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I've been dicking around with Red Dead Redemption, but I feel like putting it aside for a while to play ME1-3 again as a xenophobic Renegade Shep banging Ashley or Miranda. I feel like I should play as a non-biotic class this time around, though.

For those of you who have played FemSheps, who did you romance, if at all?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

ScreamingLlama posted:

For those of you who have played FemSheps, who did you romance, if at all?

So many choices

might as well spoiler this for people who haven't played through the series in TYOOL 2016

Kaidan is Carth
Liara is "Shepard-sama noticed me!!! But I am only 109 years old, I am not worthy of her attention"
Jason cheats on you
Thane always dies, unless you missed him in the hospital ward in which case he still dies
Garrus is a male version of you
Kelly doesn't count
Traynor has bad teeth
Diana Allers :lol:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

bman in 2288 posted:

Just for the record, I haven't played through any of these games. I heard about the ending, but it's still confusing for me as to what actually happens.

Also, some Raiden knockoff, but we aren't there yet.

I only know about... I think 2/3s of this game.
To be fair to you, the original ending was confusing to those of us that actually played it :v: The EC makes it better, and I'm using that version for the LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

don't forget the secret Vega :what: and Javik :gonk: 'romances' the dlc unlocks

• Locked thread