Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i can't tell if cig is trying to goof on id software with that star marine thing or if they're actually equating themselves to id

either way, it's super funny because id released arguably the best shooter in years a few months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
:smuggo: Moma is best Moma.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Before Smart responds that they're from the offline game hack: there are other players in that map with the names blacked out. Can't get that offline.

Are you seriously, going on-the-record, that the GIF is actual live footage from the much fabled SM? I just want to be 100% certain. ktnx

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016
Some evo star marine leaked

NWS for spoilers
http://i.imgur.com/h5bsu1T.jpg

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Are you seriously, going on-the-record, that the GIF is actual live footage from the much fabled SM? I just want to be 100% certain. ktnx

Fam, wtf are you going on about? There is no record. I'm not Toast you fuckwit. You're simply a wrong and sad man. You've been wrong about nearly everything. It's time you put up or shut-up, or at least place me on your ignore list.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Seriously, going on-the-record, JIFF is actually the only correct way to pronounce it. I am 100% certain. Anyone who doesn't say it that way is an rear end-clown. ktnx

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

D_Smart posted:

You have nothing. Post pics.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

D_Shart posted:

Some evo star marine leaked

NWS for spoilers
http://i.imgur.com/h5bsu1T.jpg

Oh so you ARE derek?

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Fam, wtf are you going on about? There is no record. I'm not Toast you fuckwit. You're simply a wrong and sad man. You've been wrong about nearly everything. It's time you put up or shut-up, or at least place me on your ignore list.

so 3.0 and sq42 are coming out this year then? wowwy zowwy

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
We don't talk about Star Citizen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcUotY5vQRA&t=6180s

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 1, 2016

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
MoMA was right.

The ELE is here.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

gently caress everyone who posts giant gifs when you could just post the gifv.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:sympathy:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:

Nice meltdown.

What has your infantile comment got to do with my question? And yet you didn't answer. Right.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

What has your infantile comment got to do with my question?

How did Chris get nearly $150 million? I could barely crowd-fund the $10 i needed to re-reg!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

quote:

Nice meltdown.

What has your infantile comment got to do with my question? And yet you didn't answer. Right.

What meltdown. Smart - it was pulled off reddit. I have no official record for anything because I'm not official. Christ, dude, go get some dinner or something and relax.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

he was right that you should seek refunds

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

D_Smart posted:

Nice meltdown.

lol

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
December is going to be good.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

:parpcorn:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Moma don't get a refund get therapy

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I will go on the record and say if MoMA cooked a meal, there's a good chance I would eat it and enjoy it a lot.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Meridian posted:

I will go on the record and say if MoMA cooked a meal, there's a good chance I would eat it and enjoy it a lot.

here you go

please enjoy your heated-up bread

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

alf_pogs posted:

here you go

please enjoy your heated-up bread

Butter is still in development I take it?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

What meltdown. Smart - it was pulled off reddit. I have no official record for anything because I'm not official. Christ, dude, go get some dinner or something and relax.
Own him MoMA. Don't hold back. Quote all his posts where he said it's not in.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The only reason I want Star Marine to be in is cos I love it when MoMMA gets a chance to be all :smug: - it rocks.

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Kick his rear end. He doesnt know poo poo from hamburgers. call his bluff

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

I know that when you're on the ropes, you tend to blank out, lash out with attacks etc. So, have a sip of your wine, and pay attention:

YOU:

quote:

Before Smart responds that they're from the offline game hack: there are other players in that map with the names blacked out. Can't get that offline.

ME:

quote:

YOU:

quote:

Get it now? Or should I go fetch the crayons?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Stop taking the high road MoMA. You got this. I believe in you.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The star marine footage was offline mode but the AI is so advanced it really really looks like there are other 50 year old sci fi pedos in the gameplay video

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

lazorexplosion posted:

gently caress everyone who posts giant gifs when you could just post the gifv.
gotta do it crobbers style

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

The star marine footage was offline mode but the AI is so advanced it really really looks like there are other 50 year old sci fi pedos in the gameplay video

:vince:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

I know that when you're on the ropes, you tend to blank out, lash out with attacks etc. So, have a sip of your wine, and pay attention:

YOU:

ME:

YOU:

Would those be the crayons you used to draw up your LOD "scenes?"

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 1, 2016

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

peter gabriel posted:

The only reason I want Star Marine to be in is cos I love it when MoMMA gets a chance to be all :smug: - it rocks.

Someone please change OP to MoMa's Shame Dungeon.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Would those be the crayons you used to draw up your LOD scenes?

HEADSHOT

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

Would those be the crayons you used to draw up your LOD scenes?
Holy gently caress that was weak. God drat. Wow.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

ManofManyAliases posted:

Would those be the crayons you used to draw up your LOD "scenes?"

:iceburn:

I too like to poo poo on game developers as a non game developer. But I generally do it for incompetence and mismanagement not because I don't like the games style or art direction.

Call me a loving weirdo.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

I know that when I'm feeling inferior I tend to block people, lash out with attacks etc. So, have a sip of wine, and pay attention:

I AM A BIG GIANT BABY! I'M IN MY FIFTIES AND ALL I CARE ABOUT IS OWNING PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET AND TALKING ABOUT CHRIS ROBERTS' VIDEOGAMES - EACH AND EVERY ONE OF WHICH HAS BEEN BETTER THAN ANYTHING I HAVE DONE.

I'll fetch the crayons. I like when the orderlies let me eat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
MoMA use these:

D_Smart posted:

I have an account in Evocati, as do 7 of my contacts. Nobody has received an invite. Not a word on Reddit or RSI forum. So I'm thinking this is a False Flag op that MoMa is running and trying to ride the wave due to some anon poster who may just be posting bullshit.

D_Smart posted:

Confirmed. It's not in the current 2.6 build.

D_Smart posted:

I don't think he knew SM wasn't going to be in it :D

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, he was on my Discord trolling us earlier today. Clearly he's not in Evocati, and had no clue that SM wasn't in it. :smuggo:

D_Smart posted:

That's because i) it's shite ii) there is no Star Marine - like at all

For a $137 million project that likes to tout "openness", it's interesting that since 2.6 was released to Evocati yesterday, backers have no clue what's in it. Particularly it doesn't contain Star Marine; and CIG never even mentioned it.

Meanwhile, some backers are spreading false rumors that it is released.....just because they claim to have seen some file assets in the download. :D

• Locked thread