Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek - I smell you typing up 1000 words from here. Let me save you the trouble:

Please don't respond unless you provide any of the following:

-you have proof of an investigation (e.g.: a photo of documentation pertinent to CIG et al.)
-you have a signed letter from a lawyer to CIG with your demands
-you photograph your evocati access with your name and today's date - signed by you (which is LOL since you stated your own computer laptop can't even run your shitbox of a game, LOD.
-MRI of your positronic, AI neural net, mathematical-logic brain

I'll wait.

Ahh the old "get him to doxx himself" trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Thread owns again

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Cheer up, star citizens ... it's nearly christmas. We all end up in the same place when we die so there's no point trying to act like you're above other people

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I am a lying fucker. I would loving burn my friends if I had any.

Are you hanging out at the zoo again? I'll be honest - I really like it when they organize trips from the mental ward. I like turtles.

How's your mom? I doxxed her just the other day!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

Cheer up, star citizens ... it's nearly christmas. We all end up in the same place when we die so there's no point trying to act like you're above other people
What the gently caress? This isn't about my parents.

Mods?!?

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Chalks posted:

Regression testing is testing things that you've previously fixed in earlier versions are still fixed in your new version.

Saying that hundreds of bugs have been regression tested says literally nothing at all about how many new bugs are fixed, it just means that they've checked all the other bugs they've fixed in the past haven't been unfixed. It's standard practice that's normally automated because you do it so often.

Why would you post to tell us that? It's a bullet point that literally says nothing at all. You could regression test hundreds of bugs in a product after making zero changes to it. It's such an irrelevant thing to mention. Where are you getting this information from that you apparently don't understand and why are they telling you irrelevant things without explaining them to you?

This is a good post you ignored toast.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Way better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QImBolnTVH8

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Nice try. So you won't answer or engage about whether or not Star Marine is in fact in 2.6. So you keep deflecting.

I declare myself the winner by default.

Thanks for playing.
Therefore, the battle is already over.
The winner? Me.
Ha ha!
Rematch? You lose again.
Had enough? I thought so.
Ha ha ha ha!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

No, I won't answer or engage about whether or not I have a 100% legally-actionable blog guranteed to bring down CIG.

Yes, I do in fact keep deflecting.

I declare myself the winner AT EVERYTHING.

So much winning.

Thanks for playing with me though. When I was little no one would ever play with me.

Probably because I stabbed them all.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
Derek:

I'm leaving work to go enjoy this nice weather and grill my up some marinating chicken thighs and quarters. I marinated them in cilantro-lime and will be eating them with some lightly fried arugula and prosciutto.

I chose a bottle of 2013 Mondavi Reserve Chardonnay, because: why not! It's easy to get and excellent for its price.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

It's not the same without the over the top opening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atxYe-nOa9w

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Saw Katakana; thought of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzFSvPqSllw (and it's unfortunately very SC-relevant).

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

VealCutlet posted:

I watched an interesting doco on Scientology yesterday, was pretty interesting to see some of the similarities between cults.

Namely how the backers are in an abusive situation yet they keep handing over money. Can't help the indoctrinated sometimes.

$140 million should get you up the OT ladder pretty fast, not to mention Chris and Sandi could get a lot of contacts in Hollywood and it would help with Chris' inability to speak in public without sounding like a retard.

The backers would never know.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek:

I'm leaving work to go enjoy this nice weather and grill my up some marinating chicken thighs and quarters. I marinated them in cilantro-lime and will be eating them with some lightly fried arugula and prosciutto.

I chose a bottle of 2013 Mondavi Reserve Chardonnay, because: why not! It's easy to get and excellent for its price.
there goes the fun boo. boo this man.

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Colostomy Bag posted:

Felt like I was hot poo poo when I had the 64-(bit) Crayola set in school.

I loved the crayon sharpener on the back too! Pretty nifty.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek:

:sad:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Footage of MoMMA's morning commute to CIG has surfaced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHQdpnYFl7k

The crowd of children is people seeking refunds despite the ironclad TOS.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

sir i think you mean this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ4XHW5Q4gU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
BTW Derek - the updated evocati build is pretty, drat good. You know this right? From your access? You know about the fixes and the ship that is now flyable? The new pirate swarm? The bar/lounge that is now open in GrimHex? DAY ONE FIXES.

edit: toodles

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Raskolnikov posted:

there goes the fun boo. boo this man.

thread stopped owning

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

New thread title :gary:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:laffo:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

ManofManyAliases posted:

BTW Derek - the updated evocati build is pretty, drat good. You know this right? From your access? You know about the fixes and the ship that is now flyable? The new pirate swarm? The bar/lounge that is now open in GrimHex? DAY ONE FIXES.

edit: toodles

What can I do there besides look at it? Can I have imaginary drinks with my imaginary friends in my imaginary space tux? Good thing this pivotal piece of immersion content was added. Thank god. I knew CIG wouldn't let me down.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Wait what

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

You usurped him

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tippis posted:

Saw Katakana; thought of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzFSvPqSllw (and it's unfortunately very SC-relevant).

This is the most SC relatable MMD. It has it all. The Million mile high club, broken physics, T-Posing, the works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_errIBSZp1Q

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Thread's getting weird again.

But this time I'm aroused.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Propagandist posted:

Thread's getting weird again.

But this time I'm aroused.

That's normal.

Xaerael posted:

This is the most SC relatable MMD. It has it all. The Million mile high club, broken physics, T-Posing, the works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_errIBSZp1Q

So is this.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

apparently the /r/starcitizen_leaks subreddit is run by known SC shill and repeat ban-ee Beet Wagon.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

apparently the /r/starcitizen_leaks subreddit is run by known SC shill and repeat ban-ee Beet Wagon.

Oh my good lord

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

:ughh:

How many :smug: smileys will Derek post when he tries to play this latest bit of stupidity off?

I say 8.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sorry if I missed this but..

"Inter Dimension software"

Um, so that star marine is an outsourced piece of software? And not in fact made by *CIG/RSI/insert this years holdings company* but some entry level software design students on their first year of work experience training? That kinda explains a lot.

Edit; caught up with thread, so this was CR basically attempting to mock one of the old powerhouses of first person shooters? Now I'm unsure if its ego, balls, or just stupidity that makes him do these really embarrasing things, note to CR: If you are going to pay homage (ie; like the way you pay homage to publishers) then at least have a comparably decent product first, you bring dishonor to your peers you horrible little thumb head.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 1, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

The star marine footage was offline mode but the AI is so advanced it really really looks like there are other 50 year old sci fi pedos in the gameplay video

:drat:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Sabreseven posted:

Um, so that star marine is an outsourced piece of software? And not in fact made by *CIG/RSI/insert this years holdings company* but some entry level software design students on their first year of work experience training? That kinda explains a lot.

It's an in-universe software house that creates the simulation for the in-game simulation pod.
No, I'm not kidding. This is how far up their own arse they are.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

The actual explanation is almost too stupid for words but here goes: Star Marine is a game that exists inside the Star Citizen universe, and Inter Dimension software is presumable the fictional software publisher that publishes Star Marine in the fictional Star Citizen universe. When you play Star Marine your character in the Star Citizen universe is playing a video game inside another videogame. It's all very :psyduck:.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

thatguy posted:

MoMA use these:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

Nice. So you still didn't answer. Alright then.

Anyway, have you downloaded tonight's Evocati build any any chance? Is SM enabled now? :smuggo:?

Also, you have contacts, so it's hilarious to me that you have to use fake videos from Reddit as an argument for whether or not a critical and promised module is in a patch release. And yesterday, you were all like: :smuggo:

Then CIG did what they always do: leave their backers and avid supporters out to dry

Then you switch to +1 hostile, +2 attack, +9 meltdown mode because, well, you have nothing - and 2.6 is still shite

It's also hilarious to me that with all this "open development", not only did CIG not release patch notes to the backers - because that would put to bed all the obfuscation they're doing - but nobody is brave enough to ask them on Reddit or the RSI forum whether or not said critical component was actually enabled/active or not. Because backers are probably afraid that asking would get them probated. Nice.

Even the scam can't get anything right. That's how crooks get caught btw.

Well at least we know he's not Toast.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
MoMA leveled up!
MoMA gained +1 hostile, +2 attack, +9 meltdown!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tippis posted:

It's an in-universe software house that creates the simulation for the in-game simulation pod.
No, I'm not kidding. This is how far up their own arse they are.

CR brings great dishonor to his company by doing dumb poo poo like that, and it's not like they don't have enough already lol. :D

lazorexplosion posted:

The actual explanation is almost too stupid for words but here goes: Star Marine is a game that exists inside the Star Citizen universe, and Inter Dimension software is presumable the fictional software publisher that publishes Star Marine in the fictional Star Citizen universe. When you play Star Marine your character in the Star Citizen universe is playing a video game inside another videogame. It's all very :psyduck:.

It was a lovely idea when he did it in WC1 and it's also an incredibly old idea too. "Lazy Jones" on the Commodore 64 did the 'game in game' thing over a decade before. :) Is nothing sacred from these archerites?

• Locked thread