Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
the other big problem with Yasuo is that Phantom Dancer exists and he can afford to just rush it and ignore 12% of your damage while massively boosting his own damage via his passive and manalessly clearing waves. he's resourceless and can take warlords for maximum bullshit sustain so he can just never have to leave. he warps toplane super hard right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ulio posted:

I just perma ban rengar right now in ranked. Rengar/Yasuo/Vayne is cancer. Also special mentions to Twitch/Poppy/Vi. Don't even know why the fk people spam Yasuo top even though he had no changes. He is super annoying.

He's useful against Vayne at the moment, and the Fervor change is probably an overall lategame buff (if SR yasuo's take that, I only really play him in TT)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
UNIQUE: Instantly heal for 15% of all damage dealt, including physical, magic, and true damage. This is 33% effective for area of effect damage.

dumb questions but hex gunblade heals more if it's aoe damage?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

How Rude posted:

the other big problem with Yasuo is that Phantom Dancer exists and he can afford to just rush it and ignore 12% of your damage while massively boosting his own damage via his passive and manalessly clearing waves. he's resourceless and can take warlords for maximum bullshit sustain so he can just never have to leave. he warps toplane super hard right now

He also just absolutely sucks to go up against as anyone in the world who has skillshots as their primary type of ability. Playing Lux and being unable to do anything for four goddamn seconds unless I want to blow my Flash for the sole purpose of getting around Windwall is stupid. It should have either a damage absorb limit (e.g. it will absorb X amount of damage before cracking) or a hit limit (it will absorb X skillshots or basic attacks before breaking).

Tired Moritz posted:

UNIQUE: Instantly heal for 15% of all damage dealt, including physical, magic, and true damage. This is 33% effective for area of effect damage.

dumb questions but hex gunblade heals more if it's aoe damage?

The description means that it will only heal for 33% of its normal amount. If you have a single-target skillshot that hits for 100, Gunblade will heal you for 15. If you have an area-of-effect ability, it will only heal you for 4.95 for each target hit.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vayne use to have bad laning phase until every other adc got nerfed in some way. Same goes for Twitch. Also the build path for both of them is so good right now. You just go zeal item into i.e you can 1v1 and teamfight anyone.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

How Rude posted:

yes, you waste 5% of CDR in gold but it doesn't matter, Zhonya's is worth it alone for the active. I suppose you could take 10% scaling CDR + flat MR or +AP as well if you are that obsessed about it but I prefer getting the extra few points of CDR midgame that get wasted on a full build but means you have more CDR earlier

this is why if you go RoA you can skip the Morello in favor of 30% cdr from Zhonya's Abyssal Protobelt.

Why not just swap out scaling CDR for flat CDR until it hit 10% total? Scaling CDR runes don't break even until like level 10, if you want earlier CDR take more flat ones. I seriously don't know why you'd ever want more than the cap of CDR in scaling runes unless you only hit 45% at full build or something.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

How Rude posted:

idiots will continue to spam Yasuo top as long as he exists and hasn't had his numbers dumpstered

I think windwall should be reworked so that it is not unnecessarily blocking valid moves mindlessly. poo poo like making Nami ultimate disappear just by clipping the side of the hitbox and it still just sits there mocking you and your efforts. gently caress yasuo and gently caress windwall
The thing I hated about yasuo's wall was it was clearly a support ability that's almost strictly better than the support released close to him with a wall. Braum's is directional, smaller, only blocks 100 of damage on and the only two advantages it has over windwall are a: that it can block melee stuff that's directed at him which seldom comes up as most melees are just going to be trying to run past you, and b: that he can move around with it but honestly that's more of a sidegrade to how wider windwall is.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I still cannot believe they gave Windwall to a loving hyper-mobile assassin fighter bruiser toplaner. No wonder Riot's scratching their heads over why people hate playing support when you've got such fun abilities as "shield someone for one autoattack's worth of damage by midgame" and "knock someone up and deal 20 damage to them."

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

I still cannot believe they gave Windwall to a loving hyper-mobile assassin fighter bruiser toplaner. No wonder Riot's scratching their heads over why people hate playing support when you've got such fun abilities as "shield someone for one autoattack's worth of damage by midgame" and "knock someone up and deal 20 damage to them."

There are fun supports like Zyra, Thresh, Bard and Kench. I am sure the support players wouldn't play support if they didn't like the role or the champs. I think people believe you can't carry as support which is why there are so many mid/ad players in soloq but not many support mains. Imo its a misconception unless your in bronze or silver than ya supporting an adc of that level won't get u anywhere unless u go godmode roam everywhere. Maybe people don't like the word support. I normally have fun playing support but I only queue as support from time to time. A lot of the non support mains have no idea how to play support and just stand in the side bush doing nothing. Ya any role is freakin boring if u stand in a bush doing nothing.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

flyingkiwi posted:

You should be instant death to the 100% health ADC trying to solo farm bot lane

I am, but wanted to leave a margin of error for posting purposes.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Vermain posted:

The inconsistency among some of riots choices need ceases to amaze me. They recently said azir and kalista were overloaded, implying they won't be made relevant again until their kits are fixed, but wind wall, double crit, passive shield, 2x cc, and low cooldown mobility is well within reason.

I think there was a patch in season 5 or so where they buffed ahri (who had a high winrate and pick rate at the time) while nerfing hecarim when he was already near unplayable.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ulio posted:

There are fun supports like Zyra, Thresh, Bard and Kench. I am sure the support players wouldn't play support if they didn't like the role or the champs. I think people believe you can't carry as support which is why there are so many mid/ad players in soloq but not many support mains. Imo its a misconception unless your in bronze or silver than ya supporting an adc of that level won't get u anywhere unless u go godmode roam everywhere. Maybe people don't like the word support. I normally have fun playing support but I only queue as support from time to time. A lot of the non support mains have no idea how to play support and just stand in the side bush doing nothing. Ya any role is freakin boring if u stand in a bush doing nothing.

And calling back to the prior discussion, bronze/silver supports also make their own mistake in assuming they're tethered to the ADC. If you can tell that your ADC is bad at farming, positioning, and diving, then theres 3 other players you can support. By all means help the ADC farm safely, but in fights dont immediately blow everything so that your ADC can run, turn around, run, die for 2 seconds when your jungler has the Heart of a Warrior.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

unlike azir and kalista, yasuo isn't destroying competitive and high elo matches while also being totally useless in lower ranked matches. hes not considered a top tier pick in high elo and in the lower ranks he hovers around 50% and generally gets nerfed when he starts creeping up, i dont really see a problem with him.

Orv
May 4, 2011
My main problem with Windwall is it blocking stuff like Illaoi's Q, and things like that that are technically skill shots but have no business being blocked in the same way as an Ez W or something.

Also the whole My Yasuo vs Their Yasuo thing is just depressingly accurate at my level.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Wind Wall can be annoying, but I wouldn't call it broken since it has a hilarious cooldown and short duration, so you just need to bait it once before unloading big skills.

I will agree that, just like Ryze, the skill really should have been a Support skill. I think Riot is terrified from instance like Lulu of giving supports high value skills that they can abuse on their own.

The biggest kicker is the fact that, because both Braum wall and Wind Wall exist, one of them has to be underpowered to be balanced, because a team with two really good anti-mage/carry projectiles without needing to sacrifice any roles to do so is invaluable.

It seriously is BS that Ryze got an infinitely better version of Tahm's ult.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Obviously the solution is to delete every champ they've made in the last four years and return to the dark days of closed beta, Sion vs Twitch in bot lane while Corki feeds Annie forever in mid.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont know if y'all have noticed but Yasuo is more or less only busted when he can build tanky/sustain at zero opportunity cost. windwall isn't really the thing putting him over the top, it's almost always itemization and masteries

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Yasuos level of being "busted" only is the lever by which the number of yasuos you see increase, yasuo is never an acceptable champion to see in game.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Neurolimal posted:

It seriously is BS that Ryze got an infinitely better version of Tahm's ult.

The range of Ryze ult is less than half of Tahm's it's not infinitely better

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Also there's only a shift from 1 ride to 1-4 rides, a large increase but not, by any means, an infinite one. Factcheck.org

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
think ima start banning lux so she stops going 0/5 in the easiest matchups in the world in my games. Like I could understand getting snowballed by zed or something but taliyah jfc.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Firebert posted:

The range of Ryze ult is less than half of Tahm's it's not infinitely better

The range dropoff isn't a big enough deal to offset the part where it can go off while taking damage, teleports minions and multiple allies, and its drawback is offset by activating Zhonyas during it. Also the travel time between it going off and appearing is shorter (not certain on this one).

I guess range could be a big deal if you're split pushing or an ally is really far away from a fight? But for actual supporting initiations and escapes its vastly superior.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

think ima start banning lux so she stops going 0/5 in the easiest matchups in the world in my games. Like I could understand getting snowballed by zed or something but taliyah jfc.

lux into taliyah might be one of taliyah's only decent matchups

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Orv posted:

My main problem with Windwall is it blocking stuff like Illaoi's Q...
Good news! It doesn't.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wind Wall would feel less bad to me if it had a breaking point. Which I guess would make it too similar to Braum's but I think Braum's is just better designed in general.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Wind Wall would feel less bad to me if it had a breaking point. Which I guess would make it too similar to Braum's but I think Braum's is just better designed in general.

Braum is just a better designed champion in general.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
it's pretty fun losing to top lane splitpushers that can effortlessly 1v2 because we have ap malphite

then when i go top they still have an infinite splitpusher but they also have a jungle graves OTP that splitpushes all game whenever i teleport and get a double kill, thus resulting in us getting splitpushed to death anyway

what i'm saying is remove teamfighting from the game and just make every lane always splitpushing

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Good news! It doesn't.

Liar?

Maybe it's a weird VFX interaction not actually blocking it.

E: Also what the hell happened, why is there an utterly horrifying Poppy in every game now?

Orv fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 1, 2016

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
My smurf got placed in gold 2 in flex on a 7-3 record. I didn't know that was possible and I don't know how it happened. My main account is silver 5.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Jungle plants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIr6WqU1K6Y&hd=1&t=225s

E: Keep watching for the Amumu one.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 1, 2016

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
My duo partner went on a big rant about how Hillary Clinton is just as bad as Trump because she sponsored a bill that would have banned flag burnings back in 2005 and long story short, he defriended me on Discord, Steam, and League and now I guess I need a new duo partner.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Coca Koala posted:

My duo partner went on a big rant about how Hillary Clinton is just as bad as Trump because she sponsored a bill that would have banned flag burnings back in 2005 and long story short, he defriended me on Discord, Steam, and League and now I guess I need a new duo partner.

You put your IRL beliefs ahead of your friends ability to channel Trump's Winning into League and frankly, Coca Koala, I've lost a little respect for you.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Neurolimal posted:

You put your IRL beliefs ahead of your friends ability to channel Trump's Winning into League and frankly, Coca Koala, I've lost a little respect for you.

I ended the season at gold 2 and he ended it at gold 5 on his main and gold 3 on his smurf, i ain't got time for his bullshit.

edit: also lol if you had respect for me, i'm the dude who's gotten a million mastery points on sona so clearly i'm already a fundamentally broken human being.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Neurolimal posted:

Jungle plants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIr6WqU1K6Y&hd=1&t=225s

E: Keep watching for the Amumu one.

Holy poo poo the Teemo catch

I'm dying

Also what the actual hell was that amumu one, what is that bug

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mean, not to start a political fuckfest, but we all know Hillary Clinton would be bad but assosciating with real, unironic Trumperz is probably something that you wanna avoid doing and just be like :yikes:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Why is Poppy a tiny, unkillable god with only two items :negative:

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016
I absolutely supported Trump, but him winning only got hilarious when the salt started flowing.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Coca Koala posted:

I still exist, I'm just terrible at letting you know when I'm around

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

curiousCat posted:

I still exist, I'm just terrible at letting you know when I'm around

I'll start messaging you when I see you online and hopefully we can figure out each other's schedules because I drastically prefer to play support as part of a duo and playing with you is generally pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Orv posted:

Why is Poppy a tiny, unkillable god with only two items :negative:

Poppy is good, and cool.

• Locked thread