Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:getin: or :frogout:
This poll is closed.
:boom: 38 17.35%
yes 34 15.53%
no 18 8.22%
maybe 22 10.05%
paging pagancow 40 18.26%
all of the above 24 10.96%
:same: 43 19.63%
Total: 77 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I started working on my gift this weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I am worried that my gift will have to come partially assembled to avoid it showing up sometime next summer

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

a cool gift to start the yosmas

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hello COACHS SPORTS BAR

1. glad to hear that Graham is alright! that must've been extremely scary. how old are your pets, and what are their personalities like?

2. mac, windows, or linux? please provide your thoughts of all three operating systems from before the turn of the century (2000 and older) so that we may chastise your opinions gift you appropriately

3. your favorite style of beer

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

i also expected it to be held in customs, not be ready for delivery 48hrs after pickup

still hilarious that they never inspected the inside. what concerns did your wife have ahmeni

she knows about the mealworms

Lutha Mahtin posted:

open the yosbox ahmeni

I have never seen the last type of lock before so it might be a while

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ahmeni posted:

she knows about the mealworms

I have never seen the last type of lock before so it might be a while
and i never saw every tool i gave you in the photos

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my gift is more of an ~experience~

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

hello Cocoa Crispies

do you have one or more spare 2A USB chargers or would you like to let santa take their chances on buying you a cheap dual port 3A usb deathdapter off Ebay

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 28, 2016

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cat Face Joe posted:

hello Cocoa Crispies

do you have one or more spare 2A USB chargers or would you like to let santa take their chances on buying you a cheap dual port 3A usb deathdapter off Ebay

i have so many USB chargers it's almost a joke; like i just looked in my briefcase and i have a 4A one ready to go and i have a shitload at home

burning swine
May 26, 2004

that yosbox is p great

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

that yosbox is p great

plz see six poasts above urs

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

dearest forums poster meatpotato, what do you like to read? please choose from the following:

• words on page
  • book
  • horse picture
  • bonus
  • or you may add your own free text in the space below:
|                                                            |

Skyl3lazer POST YOUR CAT

:siren:Vintersorg:siren: please answer the questions asked of you earlier

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

What size pants and t-shirts?
what kind of action figures do you collect?
What is your favorite movie?
What is your favorite color?

HAIL eSATA-n fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 29, 2016

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

What size pants and t-shirts?
what kind of action figures do you collect?
What is your favorite movie?
What is your favorite color?

Oh crap - didnt see this!!

1) 34 and Lrg
2) not really tied to one thing but it's mostly stuff like star wars, monsters, movie figures, anything really :3:
3) spinal tap is easily my #1, every other movie is tied
4) blue

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
a request has been made to know if I am a coffee fan. indeed i am, and hot tea as well. I have a collection of loose leaf teas at my desk at work, but I have other ways to utilize coffee or tea related things at home. been thinking of getting a French press for my desk but never got around to it.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Cat Face Joe posted:

hello Super Nailgun

do you like alcohol?

Gin, and anything with hops.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

plz see six poasts above urs

OH poo poo

Cat Face Joe posted:

hello COACHS SPORTS BAR

1. glad to hear that Graham is alright! that must've been extremely scary. how old are your pets, and what are their personalities like?

2. mac, windows, or linux? please provide your thoughts of all three operating systems from before the turn of the century (2000 and older) so that we may chastise your opinions gift you appropriately

3. your favorite style of beer

1. Graham is 6 months old, we adopted him directly from the breeder. He's energetic and retarded and he loves everyone/everything. He's about ~13-14 lbs right now and should grow to ~20 eventually. Sputnik is 10 year old. She's very small (6 lbs) and kind of a jerk to everyone except me. I imprinted on her at an early age, and she's very affectionate to me but tends to just run away from other people. She still chases the red dot and all that just like any cat, though.

Mac: bad. I don't have much pre-OSX experience other than oregon trail in the computer lab as a kid. I really, really don't like modern macs.

Windows: bad. I've extensively used every version of windows from 3.1 to 7, which seems to be where I'm getting off. I have fond memories of my old win 9.x, 2k, etc. boxes that I used to game on around the turn of the century. The windows ecosystem is definitely where I live.

Linux: bad. I use Arch at work, primarily to dodge being on the windows domain. I'm very competent in bash/linux in general, but I didn't use a linux until ~2007. I don't know much about pre-2000 linux.

3. I like ales and lagers, but I'm really not that picky. The only iffy beers for me are IPAs, sometimes they're just too bitter for my taste

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
I finally managed to buy the techo-junk I wanted of eBay for a reasonable price. Not 100% what I was looking for but it will still be very needs suiting :getin:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

Mac: bad. I don't have much pre-OSX experience other than oregon trail in the computer lab as a kid. I really, really don't like modern macs.

Windows: bad. I've extensively used every version of windows from 3.1 to 7, which seems to be where I'm getting off. I have fond memories of my old win 9.x, 2k, etc. boxes that I used to game on around the turn of the century. The windows ecosystem is definitely where I live.

Linux: bad. I use Arch at work, primarily to dodge being on the windows domain. I'm very competent in bash/linux in general, but I didn't use a linux until ~2007. I don't know much about pre-2000 linux.

Now this is the YOSPOS spirit right here.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

dearest forums poster meatpotato, what do you like to read? please choose from the following:

• words on page
  • book
  • horse picture
  • bonus
  • or you may add your own free text in the space below:

All of the above, especially horse picture (guys I have a horse picture I found on the ground attached to my mailbox with a binder clip and my mailman and I read the horse picture every day when there is mail)!

And to fill in the box: I like books a lot, arcane or technical nonfiction are my jam! I love a typical "best-seller" fiction as well because I can't read nonfiction all day. Currently reading "Everything and More" by David Foster Wallace and having a good time. I would love something light to read about hands-on cryptography, hardware, programming, or nuclear weapons.

TO Santa/Santee: Apologies for the delay in response; work shipped me to China and the internet sucks and my phone isn't actually unlocked so I can't use that, then I took a week of vacation in Taipei (humble brag) and now I've gotta go back to China for a few days so life has been moving too fast for YOSPOSting recently.

But don't worry Santee, I got you some sweet hand-selected stuff from eBay and Taiwan and possibly China. Your gift definitely contains lead, so keep it away from your kid until they're cool enough to handle it.

Hunter2 Thompson fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 30, 2016

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

hello Cocoa Crispies

do you or anyone in your home have any food allergies, especially nuts

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cat Face Joe posted:

hello Cocoa Crispies

do you or anyone in your home have any food allergies, especially nuts

no

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

santa crosses nuts off the list of possible presents

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Elvira :swoon:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

how's everyone's gifts coming along?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

still awaiting mine being unboxed

some smaller items are mid-delivery though

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I should send mine in a week or so

which means I should probably finish it.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
waiting for the thing i bought to come so i can ship it off

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
I was out of canvasses so I had to get some. also need to do some sewing.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Just ordered the stuff I went overboard on...

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Annual Gift Panda posted:

I've gotten a couple things. Still thinking of a few others. Probably will mail sometime next week.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
*shuts down m4.4xlarge instance*

cool, that part is ready to go

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Annual Gift Panda posted:

last year: tons of ideas

this year: holy poo poo I have no clue what to get

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
*eyes the $300 dollar macbook*

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

eschaton posted:

last year: tons of ideas

this year: holy poo poo I have no clue what to get

how about a banana, friend?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
yeah my santa gave me nothing to go on, just a bunch of "oh and i don't like this other thing also!" so, he's getting random poo poo i guess.

oh and his post history is like...4 posts before the yosmas one, so nothing to go on.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

give the gift of funy computer

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
3D print some mealworms

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i shipped one box with a couple things but theres going to be at least one more box sooner or later.

still waitin on something from china

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Funhilde posted:

3D print some mealworms

actually not the worst idea in the history of yosmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
paintings are mostly done. I'm not the best painter in the world.

• Locked thread