Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ripptide posted:

Congrats. I guess you should be happy to finally get a bare-bones FPS mini-game (built on an FPS engine) at least 6 months late and after having CIG mislead backers about it for better than a year. Cudos on the success tho big fella.

We keep lowering the bar to comically low levels, and citizens get really smug about proving the doubters wrong as CIG struggles over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tokamak posted:

We keep lowering the bar to comically low levels, and citizens get really smug about proving the doubters wrong as CIG struggles over it.

i suspect that james cameron isn't going to swoop in to raise the bar this time, though

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I'll admit I'm kind of lost. Derek asked a pretty sane and easy to answer question to MoMA and he loving went up like a house made of combustible orphans. Was this supposed to be a lesson for Derek in what happens when you dick around and don't do what's expected of you or something?

As far as meltdowns go it's like someone cranked up the heat at Madam Tussauds or something and it proved what? Or am I the crazy one?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

nonono you see it's an homage to their favorite car show that literally just started airing

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

peter gabriel posted:

I do not know but I am super excited to find out!

This waiting period is going to be hell for a new video.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I'll admit I'm kind of lost. Derek asked a pretty sane and easy to answer question to MoMA and he loving went up like a house made of combustible orphans. Was this supposed to be a lesson for Derek in what happens when you dick around and don't do what's expected of you or something?

As far as meltdowns go it's like someone cranked up the heat at Madam Tussauds or something and it proved what? Or am I the crazy one?

now that derek's not a mod, moma's bringing out the teeth. they're broken baby teeth but the thought is still there.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Well, you are. But that doesn't mean you're wrong....

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

TheLastRoboKy posted:

i don't know but we haven't had a true and earnest meltdown since Branson so i'm just sitting back and watching the wax drip

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Nicholas posted:

So a year ago I prordered FF15 for my brother and as of yesterday he could not wait one day for it to be delievered and downloaded it. Now I have a copy of FF15 and instead of returning I'm gonna try to play it.

On a scale of 0 to Shitizen how stupid am I
its good if you like homoerotic anime

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also moma saved the thread again, he cool

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Why the gently caress would you be happy that some tepid poo poo is leaking out of the carcass of a large animal that is long dead but doesn't know it yet.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Welp the last few pages were kinda fun i guess.:fh:

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

TheAgent posted:

Now THAT'S art

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

TheAgent posted:

:krad:

on a related note, i'm enjoying moma's meltdown even more than he imagines he would enjoy all that hastily googled-cultural stuff that he likes to post about to give the impression that he doesn't live in a basement and/or fedora

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

TheAgent posted:

:getin:

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

Buckle your brain because there is also a bar/lounge that is now open in GrimHex, it's all very exciting

There's also the NEW pirate swarm. It's 10 TIMES swarmier than the old one!

EDIT: Pirate locust swarm!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Milky Moor posted:

now that derek's not a mod, moma's bringing out the teeth. they're broken baby teeth but the thought is still there.

I'm not sure much thought is there at all to be honest. Is there a secret trophy for petulance being handed out at the CIG LA Orifices? I think I'm in a state of shock because I consider MoMA to be what you get if you scoop a cup across the top of a pond and pour it into a human-shaped cup but even I didn't think he was this loving dumb. This isn't even a hill he's set himself to die on. More like an ant's nest.

If MoMA is a real person I feel awful for everyone around him. The few still around because they can't actually get away from him I mean.

TheAgent posted:

God, it's getting to the stage where I can't go camping with my fellow handsome men with our shirts open and just snuggle in the tent with them without it being gay.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

TheAgent posted:

about 2 minutes into the game and i see what you mean

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

TheAgent posted:

TheLastRoboKy posted:

God, it's getting to the stage where I can't go camping with my fellow handsome men with our shirts open and just snuggle in the tent with them without it being gay.

Amazon's delivering it tomorrow

can't wait :allears:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

Would those be the crayons you used to draw up your LOD "scenes?"

LoD is still better than Star Citizen by a long shot. I've played both and love lod. Star Citizen is a joke and bad and also not a good bad funny joke.

And to MoMA, your a good cook but your argument skills are starting to be bad. Pleas3 post more food stuff. I genuinely enjoyed your Ryan Archering food skills.

Fake edit: how in the gently caress does autocorrect get Ryan Archering from amazingly good? Wtf.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

lazorexplosion posted:

gently caress everyone who posts giant gifs when you could just post the gifv.

Gifv doesn't work properly on phones and it can't be thumbnailed in quotes.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

Please don't be a gimmick. Please don't be a gimmick...

I'm behind but probably by now the gimmick is revealed. Probably in a creative use of hairy ball sack.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ManofManyAliases posted:

Arena Commander and StarMarine are actually sims within a sim. They're playable, arcade game modes within the PU. Right now, they're used as testbeds. The plan is to have them as "arcade type" games to play 'in-verse.'

Looking forward to this feature.

I want to be in the hood of a space ship in a box during a massive firefight, playing a game of a guy having a massive firefight in the hood of a ship on my mobiglass [???]. There will be a box in my virtual fight and I will open the box and inside the box will be another virtual me. I will shoot virtual me and then my virtual character will stop because I killed myself in the Star Citizen world.

The real me will look away from the monitor, sweaty, out a window to see another me looking inside the window and there will be lightning and then the other me will be gone. In its place will be a Tesla, with Derek Smart looking in and holding out his hand as he says "Welcome to Star Citizen."

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

I know that when you're on the ropes, you tend to blank out, lash out with attacks etc. So, have a sip of your wine, and pay attention:

YOU:

ME:

YOU:

Get it now? Or should I go fetch the crayons?

:perfect:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Looking forward to this feature.

I want to be in the hood of a space ship in a box during a massive firefight, playing a game of a guy having a massive firefight in the hood of a ship on my mobiglass [???]. There will be a box in my virtual fight and I will open the box and inside the box will be another virtual me. I will shoot virtual me and then my virtual character will stop because I killed myself in the Star Citizen world.

The real me will look away from the monitor, sweaty, out a window to see another me looking inside the window and there will be lightning and then the other me will be gone. In its place will be a Tesla, with Derek Smart looking in and holding out his hand as he says "Welcome to Star Citizen."

Holy poo poo this was a ride

fujck

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ManofManyAliases posted:

Would those be the crayons you used to draw up your LOD "scenes?"

This got my tight in the lol. :D

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I'm behind but probably by now the gimmick is revealed. Probably in a creative use of hairy ball sack.

Is self kink shaming akin to d0xx1Ng? Probate the Infidel!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ManofManyAliases posted:

The blog, Derek. 100 - percent - legally - actionable - blog.

I spaced it out for you so you don't have to fetch your reading glasses.

I'm probably a broken record here but holy poo poo, you are making me giggle up a mad storm! Rare form! :D

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

So I take it there's an FPS released now? After 4 years and $130,000,000 CIG has a playable map on an FPS engine?

Congrats I think?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

So I take it there's an FPS released now? After 4 years and $130,000,000 CIG has a playable map on an FPS engine?

Congrats I think?
still TBD I think

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

OhDearGodNo posted:

Congrats I think?

Not released, but you can access the files for it in the 30gb patch and tinker to make it work, as per usual.

They'll be patting themselves on the back for at least 2 months about (not quite) releasing SM lol, although it's really not anything that can compete with 2006 games let alone 2014 games.

31 days until 2017 :)

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
I did a tutorial on Unity today and produced a game, it's about 1/10th of what SC currently is so I'll take my $12.7 million and gently caress right off to Italy for a cruise.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

<sips coffee>

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Ghostlight posted:

pls no furry poo poo

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i hate this

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Xaerael posted:

I made the original GIF though, so BLEERGGGH.

Good post/avvie combo. And I already copped to it being a bad joke/jealously, so all due apologies. (FWIW, that GIF ALWAYS makes me grin.)

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5fqnxj/prediction_multicrew_ships_filled_with_nonnpc/?limit=500

You have (un)wittingly stumbled onto one of the games fundamental flaws, and have disturbed the hornets...

Solution: pretend that people will want to roleplay and do the sub optimal thing of staring at a shields management screen on someone else's ship vs. being the captain of their own NPC crewed ship and having strength in numbers.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tokamak posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5fqnxj/prediction_multicrew_ships_filled_with_nonnpc/?limit=500

You have (un)wittingly stumbled onto one of the games fundamental flaws, and have disturbed the hornets...

Solution: pretend that people will want to roleplay and do the sub optimal thing of staring at a shields management screen on someone else's ship vs. being the captain of their own NPC crewed ship and having strength in numbers.

i am a power gamer, i live the game life and chug mountain dew and fly in multiple ships, no you can't come in my room GRANDPA

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tokamak posted:

There's a lot of things that don't hold up to meaningful scrutiny. The whole concept of multicrew ships is one of them. CIG has had multicrew stuff out for over a year and they still haven't done anything meaningful to make the gameplay engaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

The Titanic posted:

This got my tight in the lol. :D

uhmmmmmmm....sorrywat?

• Locked thread