Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

EclecticTastes posted:

Amazon is telling me the stuff I sent has arrived at my Santee's abode, hopefully nothing went wrong and they enjoy what I picked out. :ohdearsass:

As I expected this was the post referring to me, and as promised:

So Codenames seems a popular choice as I've seen it on the list as a previous gift too! Excited to try it out, but not nearly as excited for Pairs.

I don't know if you are a creepy stalker or simply gambling on the fact that Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear are very popular, or even farther out, the game is uniquely great and you have no knowledge of the series. Anyway, holy poo poo, these are probably my Wife and I's current favorite books. We have read and reread them twice, together. So ridiculously pumped for this.

Hanabi I actually saw when researching my Secret Santa ideas to send out and thought it sounded fun, so ironically I was considering picking that up after Christmas. Spoiler, I ended up not grabbing it.

Lastly, Love Letter is a game completely out of left field for me. You left a ringing endorsement for it though so I am looking forward to sitting down with the Missus and trying it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

No Pun Intended posted:

I have it on good authority that your Santa would join you in games of cosmic patrol and rocket age.

Then I will read and plan and announce appropriately. Discord ahoy! (If you were my Santa, thank you very much. It was just right!)

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I don't know if you are a creepy stalker or simply gambling on the fact that Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear are very popular, or even farther out, the game is uniquely great and you have no knowledge of the series. Anyway, holy poo poo, these are probably my Wife and I's current favorite books. We have read and reread them twice, together. So ridiculously pumped for this.

Oh wow, I had no idea, I just liked the artwork for that particular deck, it was very pretty and looked like it would have good general appeal, particularly as your game collection shows a heavy trend towards high fantasy. There were other decks that caught my eye that were out of stock, so there's an element of kismet involved, but I'm very happy to have lucked into the perfect selection. Nothing makes me happier during SASS than knowing I got my Santee the right gift. I hope you have as much fun playing your new games as I've had (Pairs, in particular, is an amazing social game, it's fun and fast-paced without drawing attention from the conversation).

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Gift sent!

Now for the annual worrying that I've got someone something they won't like.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

My gift was delivered yesterday; hope my Santee gets it and doesn't get many questions.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Work have just told me I've received a package and I don't think I'm expecting any others.

But I'm off sick today :(

Will pick it up in the next day or two.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
The package was shipped yesterday. I'm really excited about <your name here> getting it, because I really hope it fits their desires. So many really cool things in that box.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Also waiting for my santee to post about their present :ohdear:

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
A box arrived! Catte inspection duty was carried out by Mr Gideon Ravenor

Sometimes I leave it til Christmas, sometimes I just can't. So what's inside?

Mk4 Marines! Very useful indeed.

And in a little baggy, old school plague marines!

But wait, there's more. 1980's Nurgle Renegades!

Been wanting to get some of those guys for so many years. There's a palanquin rider among them, armed with an eldar suriken catapult (I never knew why, but that's pretty drat cool), and one with a freaking lascannon! I'm a very happy Ham today.

Many thanks Zark the Damned, and a very happy Christmas to all.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I'm glad they're appreciated and passed cat inspection!

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
My gifts still doing a tour of the United States so if you're not in the United States and giftless then I assume it will get to you once it's visited all the fun tourist spots.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Fans posted:

My gifts still doing a tour of the United States so if you're not in the United States and giftless then I assume it will get to you once it's visited all the fun tourist spots.

I hear they actually take bits of the World's Largest Ball of Twine to package things for international shipping.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

jivjov posted:

I hear they actually take bits of the World's Largest Ball of Twine to package things for international shipping.

Hey it turns out it was useful after all!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
My Secret Santee may be sad seeing all these packages being delivered, BUT FEAR NOT! Your package is being shipped out tomorrow morning when USPS picks up the mail.

USPS Flat Rate Priority was somehow by far cheapest, so hopefully you will have a package of lovingly wrapped presents on Friday.

:D

I have a tracking number as well, which I just realized at this point, is not nearly as useful as I expected. As I can just track when it gets to you, but it kind of defeats the purpose if I were to give the tracking to my Santee.

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars
Package arrived! I was hoping it was the gift I'm sending out, buuuuut according to my postal inspector, Pazuzu...

It is not!

Fiyero has confirmed that this is indeed a christmas present.

And voila, the swag!

Thank you so much, kind Santa! Everything looks just wonderful and I am really looking forward to cracking into Mysterium this weekend!

(My gift for shipment out is expected to arrive tomorrow, so once I stack in some additional things, it should go out by Friday!)

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Reminding me I need to start making some FATE one-offs for next year.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

My main round gift is officially on its way, as promised a few days ago! Can't wait til that custom dong reaches my santee on Friday... :allears:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WereJace posted:

Thank you so much, kind Santa! Everything looks just wonderful and I am really looking forward to cracking into Mysterium this weekend!

The last con I went to the highlights were Captain Sonar and Mysterium. It's an interesting game that you don't want to play with friends if you don't want to hate them for giving you poo poo clues!

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Lightning round 1 packet of cheer has been launched. ETA of gift impact is December 6th, according to amazon!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

A parcel arrived, but I'm mad busy today. Will open and post pics tomorrow!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Have all the items now will be shipping tomorrow.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Picked up a very large looking parcel from my parents' house.

Lovely wrapping!

A suitably cryptic card. A GW/ FFG game or another finished company?

:stare:

:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

This is incredibly generous, and a game that I considered would probably be my perfect game but that I'd not get to play it, given it was going out of print. I'd even watched instructory videos and read the bloody rulebook. I still can't believe it! Thankyou, secret santa, thankyou so much! I honestly sat in stunned/ excited silence for several minutes, then called up all my boardgame mates and told them what we were going to be doing all December.

I intended to try out a single turn by myself to get a hang of the rules, and ended up spending most of the evening/ early morning moving bits of plastic around and scheming and plotting. It's amazing! Thankyou. I don't know what to say!

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 30, 2016

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013
Dis humie did alrigh' for da crazy red humie holiday! Sent him something propa in return we hopes!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Sent out my gift for my Santee, so that should be arriving in a few days, because I'm a bluff old traditionalist who believes people should be receiving gifts in December, dammit! (just kidding, some stuff came up on my end).

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
My sweet, generous Santa's package showed up and it contained Molly's crew box, which I'm really excited for, and a great looking deck of Fate cards with a fancy box :3:

Unfortunately there was no identifying info from my Santa, but thank you so much, whoever you are!

The bulk of my Santee's stuff is on its way, with another, smaller thing that should ship out in a day or two.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Well this Santa is stuck waiting two weeks for one of his elven manufacturers to do their magic and is now slowly beginning to freak out. :ohdear:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Lightning Round 1 gift deployed and on its way! :patriot: It should reach its destination on Saturday!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

After spending a couple of days in my apartment complex's office, my gift finally made it home today! Time to take some cruddy cell-phone photos!

It's a box set of Mouse Guard 2E, from The Internet! I've got a copy of the original, but I didn't know there was a second edition, let alone that it was released as a box as well as a stand-alone book.

Seriously, this box is loaded. Beneath the top layer of dice and player decks are the rulebooks, a GM screen featuring a mouse driving a cart pulled by a quail (this concept may be worth the price of admission), and pads of character sheets and reference sheets. I think I'm going to have to see if any of my friends want to come over and get hella Redwall in real life, instead of my standard Internet thing, because this is really set up for convenient in-person play and I want to give it a shot.

Rosemary is unamused, but it's Mouse Guard. What would you expect?

Thanks so much, The Internet/secret Santa! Excited to dig in and learn this system. Like I said, I've owned Mouse Guard 1E for a while, but I've never really given it a spin. Hopefully this 2E box will change that.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Dear Santa I don't know how you snuck the box of deadly* Festive scorpions past biosecurity; but I am glad you did.

*Deadliness of scorpion exaggerated for dramatic effect

Actually my box contained this miniature from Arena Rex

Zahra riding a Sereqet

It is certainly unique and interesting and that's what I asked for! Thanks Santa!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
And my package is sent.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
Package sent - hope my Secret Santer enjoys the odd-ball collection that is their gift!

Royal Mail promised that it would be there by this time next week, but given where it is leaving from and where it is going, I find this hard to believe...

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

mango sentinel posted:

My sweet, generous Santa's package showed up and it contained Molly's crew box, which I'm really excited for, and a great looking deck of Fate cards with a fancy box :3:

Unfortunately there was no identifying info from my Santa, but thank you so much, whoever you are!

You're very welcome, mango sentinel! I hope you get a lot of use out of the deck, and that the crew is fun to paint and play with!

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin
Lightning Round Gift 1 deployed! - A few items may ship separately, so don't be discouraged if it sounds like something should be there, but hasn't arrived yet.

Also, putting my name in the hat for Lightning Round 2!

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

So, my Secret Santa package arrived and oh boy, did they deliver when I asked for weird or interestingly terrible Tabletop RPG books.

Man, they know my lack of taste/appreciation for TRPG kitch well.

On my end, while I bought it literally within hours of my target being sent to me, bit worried because I had to buy my present straight from the company that made it, and while I've successfully ordered off them myself before, they don't have tracking numbers (they only have one shipping speed offered) so I'm being nervous. Any idea how to handle that?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Robotech isn't a terrible RPG! shouts my Rifts playing sixteen year old self.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

gourdcaptain posted:

So, my Secret Santa package arrived and oh boy, did they deliver when I asked for weird or interestingly terrible Tabletop RPG books.

Man, they know my lack of taste/appreciation for TRPG kitch well.

On my end, while I bought it literally within hours of my target being sent to me, bit worried because I had to buy my present straight from the company that made it, and while I've successfully ordered off them myself before, they don't have tracking numbers (they only have one shipping speed offered) so I'm being nervous. Any idea how to handle that?

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I'm your SS, if my handwriting can't be read. Cyborg Commando may indeed become the jewel of poo poo in your collection - it is truly horrible.

And Action Castle really isn't bad, but it is weird. And it's super light. I hope you'll enjoy it. I played it at PAX East a long time ago and it was a blast, especially because we kept forgetting to save. and one person tried to back us out of the program and shut the computer down.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

gourdcaptain posted:

Yeah, some companies don't provide tracking. If they don't give you a shipping notification either, it might be worthwhile checking in with them after a week or whatever.

Broadly, these outfits need to be told repeatedly that in this day and age, not using an off-the-shelf shopping cart/shipping software package that prints their shipping labels and automatically generates tracking numbers is inexcusable.

But narrowly, sometimes you gotta go with who you gotta go with, because they have the perfect gift, so you just keep an eye on it and make backup plans if the worst case occurs and you just can't verify a gift is going to happen in time for Christmas.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Finally got everything for my secret santa delivered and parcelled up, it'll be in the post tomorrow.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

DigitalRaven posted:

A parcel arrived, but I'm mad busy today. Will open and post pics tomorrow!

Feline package inspection squad deployed!

Oooh, pasta. Looks yummy.

Wait, what? Nerd poo poo instead of pasta? That much is good.

Holy crap. That's an awesome selection of nerd poo poo!

I've heard a lot about Ninja Burger, but I've not read either edition and having both to compare and contrast is awesome. Legacy is something that I've been eyeing up for a while, so a copy is awesome. And beyond that, a couple of excellent kits.

Thank you, Santa. You're tremendously generous, a scholar and a gentleperson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

And Action Castle really isn't bad, but it is weird. And it's super light. I hope you'll enjoy it. I played it at PAX East a long time ago and it was a blast, especially because we kept forgetting to save. and one person tried to back us out of the program and shut the computer down.

Thanks for the gift, and I wasn't implying it was bad, it went under the weird heading. :)

• Locked thread