Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Hellbender had a bitchin' soundtrack and your ship AI was Gillian Anderson. I played the poo poo out of that shareware too as a small child
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARNwWU0APPo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Bloody Pom posted:

Sadly it doesn't seem like GOG has any Microsoft back catalog games, so I doubt we'll see either of them any time soon.

I really want Zoo Tycoon on GOG :(

Motherfuckin' Freelancer!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Aces High posted:

Hellbender had a bitchin' soundtrack and your ship AI was Gillian Anderson. I played the poo poo out of that shareware too as a small child
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARNwWU0APPo

Yeah, the soundtrack kicked rear end. Kyle Richards did the music for all three games on that engine I believe. Some guy on Youtube even made a remix of the Ymir theme so good that Kyle chimed in to praise it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6QkJtxu608

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/803599445610799104

Hmmm

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Civ 3! Civ 4! CivCity Rome! Sweet jesus!

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
That's kind of neat, but I've been curious to play the original Civ, which would be a great fit for GOG. I wonder if its rights are just really tricky.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Is this pic from a mod?

e. oh, it appears that IV really had a globe view and I've forgotten it in ten years.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 30, 2016

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Civ 4 had a map editor, didn't it? The GUI makes me think that's not normal gameplay.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

scamtank posted:

Civ 4 had a map editor, didn't it? The GUI makes me think that's not normal gameplay.

that is editor mode yes, but you could go globe view in regular gameplay as well

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I played the hell out of Civ 3 and I'm definitely going to buy it for $4, but I don't recall playing IV so I'm not tempted.

Genuinely curious about this, though. We will only have to wait a day though, apparently.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Never thought I'd see CIV on GOG, like it was somehow protected. Neat. Too bad I'm past the need to play it again, I got around to the "stacks of doom" part of conquest of the fourth game, and sorta bounced off. $20 isn't a very good deal for Civ 4 either (sale price!), but it'll go on deep sale like everything else.

Here's something fun, though: the soundtrack to Civ 4 isn't on GOG, but IIRC, it's installed as individual MP3's, and its fantastic.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 30, 2016

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

doctorfrog posted:

Here's something fun, though: the soundtrack to Civ 4 isn't on GOG, but IIRC, it's installed as individual MP3's, and its fantastic.

There's a reason why Baba Yetu has been part of those VG soundtrack live performances. It's astounding.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

Genuinely curious about this, though. We will only have to wait a day though, apparently.
They're not so good at PR so it could be something completely unexciting.

Where is the rest of the Lucasarts stuff gog?

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

Casimir Radon posted:

They're not so good at PR so it could be something completely unexciting.

It's kind of cool, but not on the level of the rest of LucasArts being released.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Clearly this is an extreme close-up of body armor and its going to be SWAT 4.

Right?

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Kibayasu posted:

Clearly this is an extreme close-up of body armor and its going to be SWAT 4.

Right?

It's clearly the missing Sierra adventure games they haven't put up yet.

:colbert:

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
How's Civ City rome? I've never heard of it before.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
From what I remember of it, it's basically a Caesar-esque city builder with a tech tree thrown in there.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Peas and Rice posted:

It's clearly the missing Sierra adventure games they haven't put up yet.

:colbert:

Still waiting for Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist.

EDIT: Weird. I was looking at some of the replies to that tweet, and someone found the source for that image:

Supposedly it's from Neverwinter Nights, but that's already on GOG, so maybe it's from something else.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 1, 2016

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
Does the multiplayer for NWN work without third party tools? GameSpy went down and it originally used that. Maybe they are adding support for it into Galaxy or something like that?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

General Emergency posted:

Does the multiplayer for NWN work without third party tools? GameSpy went down and it originally used that. Maybe they are adding support for it into Galaxy or something like that?

I think that must be it, because I just noticed a new install in the NWN Diamond folder for a CD Key changer, and it will let you enter keys for Neverwinter Nights and the two expansions, stating that the keys are listed on your account.

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]
Winter Sale

Free Neverwinter Nights 1 on GOG for the next 48hrs

Hidden Asbestos fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Dec 1, 2016

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
And here is the first (of presumably many to come) keys for NWN1:

8E3BE-CADC3-F2D26-58D65

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
And another! 7F6D9-E62C7-E6567-27A2D

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

General Emergency posted:

I still have my copy of NWN with serial. Less than a year ago, I managed to get it to connect to a private server for multiplayer. However, there were issues for folks who lacked a serial and used a pirated one instead. I guess this won't be an issue anymore, at least for GOG users.

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]
I still have bonus keys from the Black Friday sale. They expire Dec 13th, so:

Victor Vran
53K73#8495C##246F6 # ## = Code of robot ball thing in Star Wars 7

Expeditions: Conquistador
963G7##1A100CAE6FD ## = Periodic table symbol for Iron

Hidden Asbestos fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 1, 2016

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
Looks like they are handing out NWN as freebie with their winter sale! https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hidden Asbestos posted:

Please let me know if you take these.

I am letting you know that I didn't watch the new Star Wars, but figured the code regardless. Thanks.

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]

Daler Mehndi posted:

I still have my copy of NWN with serial. Less than a year ago, I managed to get it to connect to a private server for multiplayer. However, there were issues for folks who lacked a serial and used a pirated one instead. I guess this won't be an issue anymore, at least for GOG users.

NWN just updated with "added CD key changer" in the change log and serial numbers are now available on the game card (menu > Serial Keys) so *I think* you no longer need to ask for a CD Key via a support ticket. I've not tried MP but I'm guessing you can join any server now and you'll appear legit.

Saoshyant posted:

I am letting you know that I didn't watch the new Star Wars, but figured the code regardless. Thanks.

AA1 .. no. AA2 .. no .. AA3 no .. dammit, c'mon .. AA4 (you're welcome, enjoy :) )

Hidden Asbestos fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Dec 1, 2016

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
I know GOG tries to run their sales before Steam does, but it almost feels like they're in a continuous sale mode for a month.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Twobirds posted:

I know GOG tries to run their sales before Steam does, but it almost feels like they're in a continuous sale mode for a month.

It feels like it's silly to ever buy something outside of their big sales, since you'll get a free game when you get "xp" in these sales.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Yep, SWAT 4 any day now.

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006
There's a pirate in your backyard!

Fallen Rib
Have another GOG Neverwinter Nights 1 key:
5F7DA-B6B14-56B17-6A15B

Let me know if you take it so I can update the post.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

D5DA2-E38FB-4C9B9-35DA8
NWN
dunno why as you can just get it for free yourself but I guess if you miss out

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Another NWN: Diamond code: CDCA3-F37BE-16993-CB886

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Figured I'd share my NWN code as well. Already own it, so I don't need it.

995B1-E13AA-7677A-3ABAC

E: Taken

PureRok fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 4, 2016

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I have a NWN code as well, but unless someone specifically asks me for it I'm going to save it until after the promotion ends and the game is no longer free to everyone.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Kibayasu posted:

Yep, SWAT 4 any day now.

Aaaaaaaany day now.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
what is so great about 4? I played the turn based one and 3 and they were cool. 4 seemed kinda even more actiony (in not the greatest way) but I never played it so I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Saoshyant posted:

Aaaaaaaany day now.
Hey look on the bright side, if you said a couple of years ago that not only would System Shock 1 and 2 both get re-releases but 1 would get a modern remake, people would laugh at you.

You never know...