Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/DF...HVNNU0axM80Q7z5

how does the bloodcraft vs. forestcraft MU generally go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
It's heavily forest favored but if the blood player goes face whenever possible and draws enough direct damage they can win before crystalia eve crashes to stop all the fun.

If the forest player goes like may-ancient elf-may, the blood player is probably dead though.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

inthesto posted:

Between Blackened Scripture, Snake Priestess, Temple Defender, and Priest of the Cudgel, I'd say Haven has plenty of answers to aggro decks

Ok, let me rephrase that as answers to aggro decks that will not cripple you against other decks or limit you to basically playing control. Snake priestess and temple defender are almost free wins when I see them in the decks I play, which include banner. Scripture and cudgel, just like aria, go in pretty much every deck.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 30, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

inthesto posted:

Between Blackened Scripture, Snake Priestess, Temple Defender, and Priest of the Cudgel, I'd say Haven has plenty of answers to aggro decks

But then you're running Snake Priestess.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I'll be streaming some more Shadowverse in like 10 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/golden_battler

Come hang out if you feel like it. I'll probably play some Take Two and maybe throw myself at A0 some more, no idea what deck I'll feel like playing though.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Just played my 4rh take 2 match on my second arena. Went blood craft again since I didn't want to be shadow or dragon, got a useful pile of picks. 1st game I got rekt by an Amulet haven deck, then the next 2 I manage to curve out just right to swarm late game and cause concessions. The last one however, I played a shadow craft deck that came back from 2hp vs my 20. Shadow seems to have value town on lock in arena, even when they do poorly.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wait what ranks don't decay at the end of seasons? :stonk: I'm still C1

Suddenly ranking up seems like a bad idea, would make some quests more annoying to do

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

frajaq posted:

Wait what ranks don't decay at the end of seasons? :stonk: I'm still C1

Suddenly ranking up seems like a bad idea, would make some quests more annoying to do

The game only resets your ladder rank. Ranked queue basically exists to funnel you towards their version of Hearthstone's Legend ladder with the difference being that every month you don't have to regrind back to Legend, you just start at the bottom of the ladder again.

It's way better for people who like to compete on the ladder.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Much happier since I swapped back to Storm Haven instead of Elana/Seraph. Even if the latter was getting more wins (and I don't have enough of a sample size to say either way,) it's just a miserable deck to play. Hurf Durf My Dudes Are Huge White/Green Bullshit is just the worst.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Out of 125 rank wins (is there a way to see how many matches you've played overall?) there's only been one serious instance of assholery I encountered. I was on the last match of my trial to rank up to B and pulled a JP troll (newbie title, dragonflute emblem) who decided to wait out every turn to the max while playing absolutely nothing to try and get me to concede for an easy win. I guess I pissed him off particularly bad because I couldn't quit (I'd have to start the trial over) so I stuck it out and the rear end in a top hat waits until turn 5 just to play a single ward to gently caress with me, then disconnects on turn 6 lethal wasting another several minutes of my time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

from watching people stream this game i have learned that cudgel is apparently a word that is difficult to pronounce like melee

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Awesome! posted:

from watching people stream this game i have learned that cudgel is apparently a word that is difficult to pronounce like melee

How do you hear people saying it?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they pronounce the u like they are saying coon. coojul.

its like fudge

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

they pronounce the u like they are saying coon. coojul.

its like fudge

Why are they using cudgel instead of his actual name of "the bald"?

Anyways, who else is stashing gold for the expansion? It's hard to see all those potential packs (full of silvers) and not get them.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

13 free packs for everyone check your crates

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
7 standard packs and 6 darkness evolved

I got Dark Dragoon Forte, Bloody Mary, Dark Angel Olivia (finally have 2!), and some garbage golds. I really have no interest in Blood or Dragoncraft but those two legendaries are amazing.

Legendary list after first month of playing. Only I spend about $20 for daily deals on packs. The only cards I crafted were one Aurelia (and promptly got a spare 2500 vials wasted), one Pascale, one Tsubaki, and two Lord of the Flies. Most of my vials went on golds since my luck with them are terrible. I liquified Fairy Princess, Mythril Golem, Queen Vampire, two Beast Dominators, and Zirntia. I kind of regretting the Queen Vampire since all I'm missing is Vania for a good blood deck but I just can't be bothered to learn the class. Tia is the only drat good gold/legendary I got from forest.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 1, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I got Mordecai, Tia, and nothing else of note.

At least it was 1500 vials, I guess.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I got Satan. Also a bunch of golds.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got a lord of flies and some decent golds at least. also enough dust to make a moon to finish my storm deck. i dunno though it seems pretty strong without the moon and i still need to make 3 ancient elves to go with my 3 tias.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Alright, here are my re-rolls that I think are worth anything:

10 Legendaries

Crystalia Tia x2
Gabriel
Enstatued Seraph
Dark Angel Olivia
Dragonsong Flute x3
Skullfane

9 Legendaries

Crystalia Tia
Bloody Mary
Otohime
Enstatued Seraph
Lord of the Flies
Dark Angel Olivia
Sun Oracle Pascale
Dragonsong Flute x2

10 Legendaries

Ancient Elf
Crytalia Tia
Bloody Mary x2
Odin x2
Enstatued Seraph
Soul Dealer
Sun Oracle Pscale
Tsubaki

What should I take?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

I guess I stole all the luck.

Cerberus is animated btw and that makes this the 7th Forte I've unpacked

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
I got a rock

and a pascale I guess.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Golden Battler posted:

I guess I stole all the luck.

gently caress you!

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

interrodactyl posted:

Alright, here are my re-rolls that I think are worth anything:

10 Legendaries

Crystalia Tia x2
Gabriel
Enstatued Seraph
Dark Angel Olivia
Dragonsong Flute x3
Skullfane

9 Legendaries

Crystalia Tia
Bloody Mary
Otohime
Enstatued Seraph
Lord of the Flies
Dark Angel Olivia
Sun Oracle Pascale
Dragonsong Flute x2

10 Legendaries

Ancient Elf
Crytalia Tia
Bloody Mary x2
Odin x2
Enstatued Seraph
Soul Dealer
Sun Oracle Pscale
Tsubaki

What should I take?

I'd be tempted to take #1 just because you get two Tias and you can safely liquefy Skullfane and Dragonsong Flute. The other two sets have six strong legendaries each. In set 2 they're spread out across different factions, in set 3 you get two good legendaries for Forest (which will still be an expensive faction) and two good legendaries in blood (which will soak up most of the cost for aggro blood).

None of your choices are bad tbh

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I never noticed because I had the card starred but I have eight Elana's Prayer.

PLEASE nerf that card but not too much. I would love the extra 2750 vials from dusting the spares.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

My haul included a few animated silver playables, some golds including a Cynthia, and Cerberus. Not bad.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Legends:
Cerberus
Queen Vampire

Golds:
Rhinoceroach
Front Lines
Furiae
Elf Girl Liza
Winged Sentinel Garuda (x2)
Kaguya
Dracomancer's Rites

Plenty of animated Bronze/Silver, and surplus turned into 1350 vials. Not bad.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I only got 2 legends, but they were Pluto and another pack that had rhinoroach and Ancient elf in it. So now with the amount of jank i have for forest, I figured I'm totally gonna just slam fae. Also feel really bad for the last match I did. It wouldn't register the clicks on my phone for the End Turn button or the options, so I had to wait forever turn by turn. Eventually I just switched out of the app.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, my third Zirnitra. My third *animated* Zirnitra. Plus 2 crap legendaries.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i got all the pieces to finish dshift!:rms:

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Regarding my forest craft pulls, I just realized I have a neat portion of the pulls for it total if I go by this list I found.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

i got all the pieces to finish dshift!:rms:

Welcome to the dark side.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Zinitra, Tia and an animated Aurelia. Guess the game finally found a way to have me keep an animated card instead of dusting it.

Also between rerolls, free packs, story and AI elites I got a non-budget Elana working in the Beginner ranks.

It's me, I'm the cancer.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The only legendary I got was a 4th Pascale? Yay? I really hope they make that deck viable soon. At least I got 2500 vials.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Public Service Announcement: Don't play take two during Japan's afternoon time. Goddamn, I faced like 7 AA+ dudes in a row. Lucky ones. Including a guy with constructed Sword and a Haven rear end in a top hat with three priests (and going second).

Still, Averaged a bit over 3 wins (and lost 2 games to stupid mistakes) playing dragon most of the time. Got 5 packs and an Aurelia (yesss) out of it.

My take two rankings, as a guy who hasn't really played that much:

1) Sword
2) Haven - Dragon
3) Shadow - Forest (Forest is loving weird in arena, it may be higher if the player is really good)
4) Blood
5) Rune

Haven in particular gets nasty if the other player is good and the game last too long (Hi dragoncraft!). The loving incandescent dragon plus temple defender combo costed me two games.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
High quality Famitsu scans came out. Doesn't really say anything we didn't already know. The section with Elana and other old cards is basically just saying "these are the cards from the previous expansions that changed the meta and created new deck archetypes, so look forward to the new cards that will do the same!" Elana and Levi are especially highlighted as single-handedly making certain decks viable.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Got only one legendary out of the 13 packs. My third Odin. Really would have preferred a third Pascale in case she ever takes off in Earth Rite, or a second Seraph, or an Alexander. But oh well. Still have a 20 or daily deal chances until the expansion.

I did get an absurd amount of niche golds I didn't have from the Standard set though, and an animated Elana to spread cancer in style.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I only got a Gabriel but drat I'll never complain about free packs, I love these developers

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i got another vampire queen :v:

trucutru posted:

1) Sword
2) Haven - Dragon
3) Shadow - Forest (Forest is loving weird in arena, it may be higher if the player is really good)
4) Blood
5) Rune

put shadow in 1 with sword and then :agreed:

1. sword and shadow
2. haven and dragon
3. forest
4. blood
5. rune

shadow's mostly hurt by their lack of good 2-drops, but it's not like anyone's early drops are spectacular except for sword's. the mistake people make is get greedy with high drops early which forces them into taking duds later to try to fill their curve.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
.Nothing super exciting but I got Lord of the Flies, a third Garuda, and a few animated, esp. Elf Healer & Orcus that look really cool

• Locked thread