Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

rovert posted:

Unless he refereed the last few matches Drake didn't referee at the tapings. Hopefully he's main roster bound.

i sure hope so. drake's one of the genuine good guys and has been a lot and dare i say deserves it. also is a v good ref.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Welp, guess they're not doing that spot anymore. The Authors are green but generally safe workers for their bruising style (or at least I haven't seen any obvious sloppiness from them), so this just looks like an unfortunate accident.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Yeah, there's no way to spot the landing when you've already got the guy up. Rookie mistake. Hope everybody's OK.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

i sure hope so. drake's one of the genuine good guys and has been a lot and dare i say deserves it. also is a v good ref.

I still want them to reference his past in deathmatches some way, even if it were as simple as Ambrose recognizing him in a backstage segment and doing the whole, "i'm crazy, but -this- guy," bit.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Trading Fulton for Damo is the best possible direction for Sanity. Now aside from Young they're actually a Euro anarchist stable.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like how they upgraded the Sanity faction while continuing Sawyer Fulton's gimmick of "failed gimmicks."

Reunite with Angelo Dawkins, Fulton. It's your true destiny. (Until you both get released in the post-Mania spring cleaning.)

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

sticklefifer posted:

Trading Fulton for Damo is the best possible direction for Sanity. Now aside from Young they're actually a Euro anarchist stable.

wait til they boot EY for Tommy, Tommy, Tommy Fuckin End

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mob posted:

And Eric goes back to being Roode's second.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Gaz-L posted:

And Eric goes back to being Roode's second.

Okay now I'd actually be good with that

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's genuinely no one else in NXT I'd say this about. But I hope Fulton is being released. The no talent flop, Bill Demott boot boy gently caress.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'll alert the lads it's #ShootWeek

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Anthony Bowens who AoP injured tonight is in a bad way according to those at the hospital. Keep him in your thoughts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:smith:

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

rovert posted:

There's genuinely no one else in NXT I'd say this about. But I hope Fulton is being released. The no talent flop, Bill Demott boot boy gently caress.

Conversely, I hope what you're saying bout Drake is true, So glad to see him have success.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

What does he means by this?

Schreiber got in trouble for her tweets; racist, slut-shaming, anti-HAES, used the word 'human being', and seemed to have a thing for swastikas and other nazi iconography.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

rovert posted:

Anthony Bowens who AoP injured tonight is in a bad way according to those at the hospital. Keep him in your thoughts.

Oh no :(

I hope the Authors don't get buried for this, they have a lot of potential and it looked like a genuine fluke accident.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Holy gently caress!

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Benne posted:

Oh no :(

I hope the Authors don't get buried for this, they have a lot of potential and it looked like a genuine fluke accident.

It's actually a crystal clear botch that was 100 percent the AoP guy's fault.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Mob posted:

Tommy deserves better than Sanity

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

mkay0 posted:

It's actually a crystal clear botch that was 100 percent the AoP guy's fault.

Yeah I don't normally like to say "this was this guys fault" but straight up if he had pulled that poo poo on someone who mattered he would be out the door. You have to protect the job guys the same way you would protect a main eventer, because if you can't do that who the gently caress will want to work with you.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's a really dumb spot to begin with tbh

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

No poo poo. It's probably worse than the one Goldust lost his agents role over.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bowens is a super talented indy guy from around here. He was so drat enthused to be making the trip to NXT too

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Holy poo poo. I hope that guy ends up ok.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alright, after seeing it a few more times I'll concede your guys' point. That was just a bad botch. I hope Bowens is okay and AoP use this as a learning experience (as in, "don't loving do that spot again.")

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Skinty McEdger posted:

No poo poo. It's probably worse than the one Goldust lost his agents role over.

I never heard this, what's the story?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Cabbit posted:

I never heard this, what's the story?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liw5HfySgGw&t=100s
Goldust suggested a modification to the PTP finisher and was fired shortly after the match.

Here's the regular version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwCuMaifbQM

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dromal phrenia posted:

Schreiber got in trouble for her tweets; racist, slut-shaming, anti-HAES, used the word 'human being', and seemed to have a thing for swastikas and other nazi iconography.

Awesome.

Also poor nxt guy. Didnt also the AOP botched on the last takeover? maybe they need a proper development system before nxt tv or just keep the green guys in the performance center.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liw5HfySgGw&t=100s
Goldust suggested a modification to the PTP finisher and was fired shortly after the match.

Here's the regular version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwCuMaifbQM

That just looks like The Briscoes finisher.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Absurdly excited about Percy Watson being back. Huge fan of his back in reality show nxt season 2.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Awesome.

Also poor nxt guy. Didnt also the AOP botched on the last takeover? maybe they need a proper development system before nxt tv or just keep the green guys in the performance center.

The PC and Florida house shows are supposed to be that. I also don't remember anything getting notably hosed up in the TM61 match.

Solus posted:

That just looks like The Briscoes finisher.

Yes, but the PTP are not the Briscoes. Plus the Briscoes do a lot of stupid, dangerous poo poo that wouldn't fly in WWE.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Absurdly excited about Percy Watson being back. Huge fan of his back in reality show nxt season 2.

I remember when they first introduced the season 2 roster and a bunch of us were immediately fans of Percy. He sadly wasnt much in the ring, but I still have a soft spot for him.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

dromal phrenia posted:

I remember when they first introduced the season 2 roster and a bunch of us were immediately fans of Percy. He sadly wasnt much in the ring, but I still have a soft spot for him.

it was the glasses. he had the best glasses.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
It was the glasses and his over the top personality and his taunt dance and "OH YEAH"

The way this board feels about Alexa is how I feel about Percy. You know, minus the creepy perverted poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

It was the glasses and his over the top personality and his taunt dance and "OH YEAH"

The way this board feels about Alexa is how I feel about Percy. You know, minus the creepy perverted poo poo.

I still sometimes do that taunt dance when something good happens

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Percy was always good.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Percy was a like a real life version of Disco Kid from Punch Out

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Just watched that botched AOP spot. That should have been a completely safe spot in theory but instead of powerbombing the opponent onto the lower to mid section of his partner he targeted the upper body and head.

Also that was a brutal knock out on the level of poo poo you only rarely see in the UFC.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

IcePhoenix posted:

I still sometimes do that taunt dance when something good happens

Oh yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

Just watched that botched AOP spot. That should have been a completely safe spot in theory but instead of powerbombing the opponent onto the lower to mid section of his partner he targeted the upper body and head.

There's a thousand fold safer way to do that spot, where it is relatively safe where the second guy waits for the first to hit the bomb before he starts doing his. The problem is that the second AOP guy was completely blind once he starts doing his move and can't make adjustments based on where the guy on the ground actually is as opposed to where he expects him to be.

It's one of those moves where the slower, safer version probably looks significantly better to boot.