Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Beasteh posted:

Because someone on another forum posted they got Zell's BSB on a lucky three pull. 'I can do that too, easy' I thought as I spent my last 15 mythril

E: this is karma for me whiffing horribly on the last few banners

You know, they say the dice have no memory, but the law of averages says that if you keep wanting a ridiculously low percent chance, eventually you're going to get it.

The problem is how long eventually is.

Actually this mentality guides a lot of my pulls, both ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Uggg gonna see how bad the cm is before I pull on these banners but it's tempting...

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

That is a lot of data. Much appreciated! My takeaways are thus:

1. My next Crystal-II lode will go to Tyro to get that RW.
2. I'm at ~75 mythril right now, but "sit on it until OSBFest and/or Minfilia" sounds like a decent course of action.
2.5. Partly this is because I have zero confidence in my ability to get that OK Crystal-III, but who knows? I might get lucky.
3. I've got the breakdowns, but I'll build a Full Break posthaste. Likewise with Dark Bargain.
4. Re:jecht: Yeah. I was under the impression that it could produce more SB gauge while auto-attacking, but now that I think about it I don't think I've actually paid enough attention to find out if that's true or not.

Thanks again!

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I decided to do an 11-pull on Squall 1, and got 2/11!

... Squall's Jacket and Esthar Bracers. :what:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I might have to get her MCIII this event then.

I went ahead and combined the two swords since even with synergy, it had less attack power than a VII Ragnarok, and I can't imagine too many situations where I'd have more than one sword-equipping mage in III content.

I've been using OK and desch as mages, both with a magic sword and it owns. OK's attack is high enough that the lesser attack boost from the magic sword doesn't mean poo poo either, he's still good physically as well.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
I have Vincent's Shotgun. I plan on fielding Onion Knight with it.

Because Onion Knight with a loving Shotgun.

Why can he use guns don't ask it might go away

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

NBHS posted:

That is a lot of data. Much appreciated! My takeaways are thus:

1. My next Crystal-II lode will go to Tyro to get that RW.
2. I'm at ~75 mythril right now, but "sit on it until OSBFest and/or Minfilia" sounds like a decent course of action.
2.5. Partly this is because I have zero confidence in my ability to get that OK Crystal-III, but who knows? I might get lucky.
3. I've got the breakdowns, but I'll build a Full Break posthaste. Likewise with Dark Bargain.
4. Re:jecht: Yeah. I was under the impression that it could produce more SB gauge while auto-attacking, but now that I think about it I don't think I've actually paid enough attention to find out if that's true or not.

Thanks again!

Oh, just one thing: while Full Break is mandatory since Full Break itself or Multi Break the multi-target Dancer 5 version is something you will bring to literally every fight, you don't need to hone it up high. R2 will do, R3 being a long-term luxury most people don't pull the trigger on even if they could afford it. Even R1 will help right now. I don't think someone who says his abilities are bad has the orb stash to blow on honing Full Break to R3, but just in case.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Krad posted:

Is Jecht the only final boss that's shown up so far on the JP side? Seems like they can stretch it out forever at this rate. Heck, technically Jecht isn't even X's final boss!

As you say, Jecht isn't the final boss. That said, the most recent FF1 event in JP gave us Chaos, so exactly one game has had their actual factual final boss. There are several games which have seen their "final loseable boss" or "'real' last boss", but only FF1 so far has gotten the true final boss.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Any of y'all still need to tackle the Diff 99 and 140 multiplayer dungeons? I'm hoping to pick up the mythril while splitting the stamina cost with some pals. :)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I got good groups in MP by looking at the setups and jumping ship if there were really weak links. One-shot everything

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I got good groups in MP by looking at the setups and jumping ship if there were really weak links. One-shot everything

I just can't find any teams at all, it's been deserted when I take a look.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Am I reading this right? The next JP event is going to introduce Ceodore?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Yeah they're finally grudgingly accepting that after years is canon.

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 1, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Oh, just one thing: while Full Break is mandatory since Full Break itself or Multi Break the multi-target Dancer 5 version is something you will bring to literally every fight, you don't need to hone it up high. R2 will do, R3 being a long-term luxury most people don't pull the trigger on even if they could afford it. Even R1 will help right now. I don't think someone who says his abilities are bad has the orb stash to blow on honing Full Break to R3, but just in case.

Yeah R2 Breakdowns is enough as long as you pace it right.

When hasted a Breakdown will last around two standard actions. So you can go Breakdown > Full Break > Attack without any issue and have the breaks last the entire fight.

Alxprit posted:

Looks like it.

A someone who likes TAY this pleases me.

Also has a Holy Dragoon Dress Record for Kain.

Ceodore's BSB looks neat too. 8 Hit Holy/Non-Element attack with a Percentage Medica, and his burst commands are a 4 hit Holy/NE Attack with a 20% heal to an ally added, and a 2 Hit Holy/NE AOE with Esuna attached.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 1, 2016

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Finally, TAY gets represented. Hopefully Dimensions is in the near future

Although I would not look forward to the trash spamming or countering with Body Slam, Whack or Thwack all the live long day

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Yeah R2 Breakdowns is enough as long as you pace it right.

When hasted a Breakdown will last around two standard actions. So you can go Breakdown > Full Break > Attack without any issue and have the breaks last the entire fight.

No, don't do that either, Greater Orbs exist for a reason. Attack is 100 potency, Breakdowns are 200 potency. Why use normal Attacks? What are we, barbarians? Visigoths!?

also what the gently caress is this:

Dr Pepper posted:

Also has a Holy Dragoon Dress Record for Kain.

Kain gets his holy dragoon getup and Ramza is still assless-less? He's still assed!? WHAT THE gently caress

Cape Cod Crab Chip fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 1, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I have about as much enthusiasm for Ceodore and the remaining TAY content as I would for a root canal, but content is content and I've already stomached references to FF13-2.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

You can get away with R2 breakdowns if orbs are scarce for you. Going R3 or R4 is better dps if you can afford it, but if dps is your goal you probably have better places to put your orbs than your support bitch.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Armitage posted:

Finally, TAY gets represented. Hopefully Dimensions is in the near future

Although I would not look forward to the trash spamming or countering with Body Slam, Whack or Thwack all the live long day

For a moment I was thinking of Dragon Quest and cried at the idea of AoE Instant Death counters.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I have 50 mythril and the Onion Knight banners are right there. I don't want anything on Banner 2, though - Zell has me set for monkpunch needs and Ingus sure exists - whereas Banner 1 I have multiple dupes on.

I already have Celes BSB so I don't really need OK BSB. I should really be saving this for Alphinaud or Orlandu or, heaven forbid, OSBfest.

I find myself almost maddeningly compelled to do one last hail mary anyway.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

pichupal posted:

For a moment I was thinking of Dragon Quest and cried at the idea of AoE Instant Death counters.

Heck, I'm crying at the idea of those attacks in a Dimensions dungeon.

I've never beaten the game, although I should at some point. I had finished the Dancer chapter.. but man, those three enemy skills have given me some horrible PTSD.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 1, 2016

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

I have 50 mythril and the Onion Knight banners are right there. I don't want anything on Banner 2, though - Zell has me set for monkpunch needs and Ingus sure exists - whereas Banner 1 I have multiple dupes on.

I already have Celes BSB so I don't really need OK BSB. I should really be saving this for Alphinaud or Orlandu or, heaven forbid, OSBfest.

You may regret this, and I may regret tipping you over to making a bad decision, but the only thing I regret from blowing 100 Mythril and going 3/5 off-banner generics last night and only winding up with Arc's SBs to round up the two Lust Daggers and Heroic Shield I pulled from my two pulls earlier is the outcome. I don't regret the risk. I'm sitting on 200 Mythril post-bad decision though so YMMV.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

kalensc posted:

I just can't find any teams at all, it's been deserted when I take a look.

Use 7891 as the room code to find Redditor neckbeard whales with absurd full 8* setups who will carry you

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Are we still doing the goon code as 4666? That is, if we like each other. :v:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

KataraniSword posted:

If you have decent III synergy already, wait for the festival. It'll be there, I'm pretty confident in that.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
I saw someone in thread say that the multiplayer dungeons have actual rewards now but I didn't realize that meant Mythril. Guess I should get those taken care of!

ETB posted:

Are we still doing the goon code as 4666? That is, if we like each other. :v:
What's the feeling about using Discord or IRC for setting up rooms? I know there's #ffrk on synirc but don't know if it's being used much. Reddit has a Discord server for FFRK but someone could get a goon one up too.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I wouldn't mind a smaller goon one, the general FFRK discord moves insanely fast and is impossible to follow.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

I set up a Text-only discord for FFRK if anyone wants it, https://discord.gg/83h3U6r

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I wouldn't mind a smaller goon one, the general FFRK discord moves insanely fast and is impossible to follow.

They also have some awful drama slapfight with reddit every few months, that makes it intolerable for me. I just wanna play my silly phone games :v:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Grozz Nuy posted:

If you have decent III synergy already, wait for the festival. It'll be there, I'm pretty confident in that.

Yanno, I don't really have a horse in this race, in fact I wish my horse was lame and yours was Secretariat, but I kinda wanna bet you on that. :v:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Pretty new to this game. Got in the week before Thanksgiving and picked up the decent BSBs from the Black Friday event. Are there going to be any other big give aways with this so called festival or holiday related events coming up?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

Pretty new to this game. Got in the week before Thanksgiving and picked up the decent BSBs from the Black Friday event. Are there going to be any other big give aways with this so called festival or holiday related events coming up?

Yeah I'd expect something for christmas too.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I'd expect something for christmas too.

Probably like last year, what was it, a choice between 3 5*s? I can't recall off the top of my head if anything else was included.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

iamsosmrt posted:

Which BSBs did you get sir

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008
I know I'm late to the party but I caved in and did a dollar draw on the FF III banner before it left.

I have Onion Knights Super Soul Break now. :grin:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Munoma posted:

I know I'm late to the party but I caved in and did a dollar draw on the FF III banner before it left.

I have Onion Knights Super Soul Break now. :grin:

Grats! :toot:

Also screw you. :colbert:

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Attestant posted:

Grats! :toot:

Also screw you. :colbert:

I'm happier with the SSB than the Burst to be honest.

Also considering that I dumped every 4 tier mote I had on him I guess it's just the universe working in my favor.

*edit*

Welp I have a dedicated healer for Ahriman now.

Gonna hop on that.

Munoma fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 1, 2016

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Alxprit posted:

Huh?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Beasteh posted:

Which BSBs did you get sir
I have rather spotty service at work (wifi and otherwise) so I can't pull the BSB names right now. I got Cloud, Wakka and Hope's BSBs.

I actually did a OK banner 1 pull and got Luneth's Gungir, Arc's White Robe and OK's Sword. Currently at about 175 mythril, would anyone recommend I do another OK pull? I've been reading about saving up for FFXIV's banner but I'm not sure what makes the most sense for me.

Currently, my goal is to try to get through as much of the OK event as possible this weekend. I just cleared everything in the normal Elite section this morning. But I'm missing some Greater Holy Orbs to get some needed magic mitigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

iamsosmrt posted:

I have rather spotty service at work (wifi and otherwise) so I can't pull the BSB names right now. I got Cloud, Wakka and Hope's BSBs.

I actually did a OK banner 1 pull and got Luneth's Gungir, Arc's White Robe and OK's Sword. Currently at about 175 mythril, would anyone recommend I do another OK pull? I've been reading about saving up for FFXIV's banner but I'm not sure what makes the most sense for me.

Currently, my goal is to try to get through as much of the OK event as possible this weekend. I just cleared everything in the normal Elite section this morning. But I'm missing some Greater Holy Orbs to get some needed magic mitigation.

I'd say skip on OK banner. You already got most of the valuable items on it, leaving only the OK bsb as a high value pull.

• Locked thread