Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the only retcon is Super moved Battle of Gods from like two years after the Buu Saga to like four months

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Super Dub previews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgQGdY0yjr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVhYXtP_o1w

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rhonne posted:

But then we'll never get Majuub!

Oh no, how terrible. :geno:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
they aren't going to retcon out Z's ending for the same reason they will never outright say GT is non-canon, ie. because they want people to still buy merchandise

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"You wouldn't talk to Kami like this!"

"But I talk to Piccolo like this all the time!"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

They can just blame the inconsistencies on Trunks's time travel insanity/the events of Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Blockhouse posted:

they aren't going to retcon out Z's ending for the same reason they will never outright say GT is non-canon, ie. because they want people to still buy merchandise

Is there anything to retcon outside of Bra for the Z ending? Not really.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's just a matter of the timeframe not really making any sense (like uub being older than pan is impossible at this point), which isn't that big a deal imo

if they do retcon the ending of z out, you could just say that's a different timeline and trunks hosed that all up by dropping by to visit

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Toriyama is a powerful man, unconstrained by the limits of canon

Bra will be introduced next episode, and already be five years old

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bra will be Trunks daughter from the future, but also Vegeta's daughter.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bra will be Vegetas mother and she will henpeck the poo poo out of him until Burma goes super human god super human and defeats her in the only contest fitting a queen, getting president dog to make an executive decree declaring them ruler of earth.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Recall if you will that Tights is just dropped in like she was always there

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Maybe seeing Future Trunks again makes Bulma and Vegeta wanna have another kid lol

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 1, 2016

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I thought BoG took place 4 years after the Buu saga.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I thought BoG took place 4 years after the Buu saga.

Reconned in super to like months.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Manatee Cannon posted:

(like uub being older than pan is impossible at this point)

Hmm? Buu dies, becomes Uub, a timeskip happens, Pan. Unless I'm missing something... :ms:

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Pan is the reincarnated Buu :getin:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

HitTheTargets posted:

Hmm? Buu dies, becomes Uub, a timeskip happens, Pan. Unless I'm missing something... :ms:

Clearly you forget the part in End of Z where Bulma remembered who Uub is and had a flashback in which Goku instant transmission'd everyone to see Uub's birth.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

HitTheTargets posted:

uub was years older than pan in the epilogue and that's just not possible in super. the time skip from buu being killed to the beginning of super is only 6 months

e: no matter how you try to rationalize it tho, something becomes impossible for the timeline so just don't worry about it

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 1, 2016

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

uub was years older than pan in the epilogue and that's just not possible in super. the time skip from buu being killed to the beginning of super is only 6 months

e: no matter how you try to rationalize it tho, something becomes impossible for the timeline so just don't worry about it

Which means Videl must have been pregnant with Pan before she even met Gohan. Pretty sure she only figured out who the Great Saiyaman was a month before the world martial arts tournament happened. For that matter, didn't Gohan only just start High School a few weeks before that even?

Edit: And how can he already be a professor? This whole thing's screwy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Leviabeetus posted:

Which means Videl must have been pregnant with Pan before she even met Gohan. Pretty sure she only figured out who the Great Saiyaman was a month before the world martial arts tournament happened. For that matter, didn't Gohan only just start High School a few weeks before that even?

Edit: And how can he already be a professor? This whole thing's screwy.

I thought he wasn't? He didn't take the job as a professor's assistant that time everyone was babysitting, no?

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I thought he wasn't? He didn't take the job as a professor's assistant that time everyone was babysitting, no?

Guess I remembered that part wrong. Also forgot that Pan wasn't born yet during BoG, so I guess that works, too, sorta. I still stand by it being screwy.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

SirDrone posted:

Pan is the reincarnated Buu :getin:
With a stronger appetite.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Very good.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

:allears:

I can't wait to see what they do with Ginyu and then all of the new stuff.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I know this is kinda just throwing more fuel on the fire, but...

Zenkai boosts actually stopped being a thing after Namek, just like power levels.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mordaedil posted:

Zenkai boosts actually stopped being a thing after Namek, just like power levels.

Either that or the power gaps are so huge they no longer matter

Vegeta's still not able to touch the androids after 18 stomps him, etc

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

What do you think Black was doing?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

No one else has mentioned a big change from this:

Hercule no more, he's Mr Satan.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think at this point it's been sorta modified in Toriyama and Toei's mind to 'Saiyans get stronger while fighting'.

And anyway, even in the original manga Zenkai boosts were definitely a thing up until the end of the Cell arc, where Semi-Perfect Cell blew himself up and came back as Super Perfect Cell.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

BizarroAzrael posted:

No one else has mentioned a big change from this:

Hercule no more, he's Mr Satan.

That was the case in the uncut version of Kai already.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
And vanilla uncut DBZ. It's actually kind of weird that they're okay with Master Roshi but Mr. Satan was one they decided to go and fix.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Manatee Cannon posted:

uub was years older than pan in the epilogue and that's just not possible in super.

Pan is a baby and Uub is around somewhere according to Goku before the dumb tournament.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Let's be real they probably speed ordered Buu's reincarnation and purification to get him out of hell as fast as possible.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Mordaedil posted:

Not really, Cell had a zenkai boost after blowing himself up. After that then yeah, irrelevant.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

UnderFreddy posted:

Not really, Cell had a zenkai boost after blowing himself up. After that then yeah, irrelevant.

Zenkai boosts are as irrelevant as tails. That is, they are irrelevant until Toriyama remembers about them and writes something new.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The story's written to be interesting more than it is written to be consistent. That's fine to the point where the plotline inconsistencies don't break suspension of disbelief, and generally Dragonball is pretty good about avoiding that sort of thing.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Rutibex posted:

Zenkai boosts are as irrelevant as tails. That is, they are irrelevant until Toriyama remembers about them and writes something new.

Goku Black came back as a much stronger opponent after receiving substantial damage the first time around, and I'd argue that's at least partially due to a Zenkai boost. He even talks about how Saiyans are blessed, because the more damage they receive, the stronger they get. Sounds like Zenkai logic to me.

And after Vegeta was badly wounded by Goku Black, he healed up, and returned tremendously stronger. Sure, It's true that Vegeta was pissed, and used his "rage" to reach new heights of power, but I think the Zenkai boost must have played a role, too.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Supposedly they're doing a censored and uncensored version of the Super dub, plus the Asia-exclusive Toonami dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm can't imagine there's much violence they need to censor, is it stuff like the boob jokes?

I guess the sword stabs might be a problem too.

• Locked thread