Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This games lacks big boobed girls.

Also i find very troubling the modification of the title. What is this, reddit?

I hope hyperdevbox man is treated with the respect he/she and his-her company deserve.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Sdoots posted:

Hyperdevbox seems like a real goldmine of a dev team. I personally think there is opportunity if Leandre's father gets beheaded in the guillotine scene. It'll give the story a really great personal revenge twist.

The final boss is the Ultima Guillotine? Finally this tyranny of the death machines will be stopped.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

You can never beat Project G.U.I.L.L.O.T.I.N.E

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DoctorGonzo posted:

Finally someone addresses the elephant in the room!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also i find very troubling the modification of the title. What is this, reddit?

I hope hyperdevbox man is treated with the respect he/she and his-her company deserve.

What if you could build a guillotine that cut off big boobies :fap:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mister Adequate posted:

:alexa:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mister Adequate posted:

Take this your filth to the FF XV thread where it belongs you sicko!

Ozmodai
May 6, 2007

I hate when my sisters barges in and I'm trying to shade the nipples on my Daemonettes UGH GET OUT

When will the crowdfunding campaign begin?

I ask because I have recently come into an inheritance due to the untimely passing of my grandpapa. The funding likely will not be enough to fund the entire project but I believe it would be of great help. Since he was of French-Canadian heritage I believe my grandpapa would approve of this game and its message of education about French culture.

Please PM me if you have any questions about French-Canadian culture.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ozmodai posted:

Please PM me if you have any questions about French-Canadian culture.

What is your opinion of the French occupation, as a Canadian?

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
My fursona is a guillotine, thank you op for creating a game for me

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hyperdevbox posted:

My apologies to everyone for not participating in the thread recently.
The campaign launch is growing near, and we are extremely busy in preparation.

I promise to reply to all the (serious) questions/comments, and continue giving you updates, once things calm down a bit here.
In the meantime I give you permission to continue talking about guillotines and lobsters, though I do suggest you take a nice stroll outside, and maybe get some fresh air instead?
I'm pumped for the new info, thanks. Keep us posted! Sorry everyone around here is a little silly XD

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

hyperdevbox posted:

I promise to reply to all the (serious) questions/comments, and continue giving you updates, once things calm down a bit here.
In the meantime I give you permission to continue talking about guillotines and lobsters, though I do suggest you take a nice stroll outside, and maybe get some fresh air instead?

Serious question: Are you aware that the guillotine is actually one of the most humane tools of execution during the time your game is set? Putting someone on a wheel and breaking all their bones and then leaving them to rot may have less "gore", but I assure you this doesn't mean it's less horrifying than just getting your head chopped off real fast

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I just don't understand how someone can claim that they are listening to the fans while ignoring the frankly outrageous number of people crying for the addition of lore appropriate guillotines. Frankly heads would roll if you guys were working with a publisher and ignoring such a passionate fanbase.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Libluini posted:

Serious question: Are you aware that the guillotine is actually one of the most humane tools of execution during the time your game is set? Putting someone on a wheel and breaking all their bones and then leaving them to rot may have less "gore", but I assure you this doesn't mean it's less horrifying than just getting your head chopped off real fast

As an certifiably insane person, I think I can speak for everyone that is interested in this game when I say that we'd prefer guillotines to wheels.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
you guys better put the guillotines in, and fast. chop chop.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I heard we could buy Jpgs of Guillotines in Star Citizen. they made over 200 million. hmmmm, and they are not set in revolutionary era france, they just listen to their target audience.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

What about... hiratines?

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

all I want is some actual gameplay screenshots, you can keep the silly guillotines in dev hell for all I care

thread title promises gameplay screenshots, did not deliver

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Fans have been asking for guillotines since page 2, hot grrl gamer babes the world over demand their inclusion, all for naught.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Why is the game called Thermidor if it's set in 1789? "Thermidor" wasn't a word that existed until the revolutionary calendar of 1793, and if its meant to invoke the Thermidorian Reaction then it's even further away, since that wasn't until July 1794.

I sure hope somebody on the dev team got fired for that one!

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
I don't think it's that historically accurate (no guillotines, etc.).

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I know we've been joking about guillotines a bunch but this is a totally 100% serious question. How realistic are the guillotine simulations going to be? Can we customize it so that it's an extremely tall/short guillotine and have the blood splatter and slicing accommodate? I want to build one that is miles tall and takes minutes to fall but slice through anything.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hyperdevbox posted:

pwned lol. you sound like 100x more with it than the people trying to make fun of you :-) once again, i hope the release of your game goes well. it takes courage to make your dreams a reality

I.N.R.I fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 4, 2016

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Everytime I find myself using the toilet lately I make sure to check the Thermidor thread for hot new deets (details) or screens (screenshots) and everytimd i end up hooting and hollering in outrage at the distinct lack of both deets and caps. I am no longer allowed to use the 6th floor bathroom at work because of the ruckus I caused and this is very upsetting but not as upsetting as no deets.

Also i am not opposed to hooting and/or hollering I just would prefer not to do it while pooping

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Any further questions about the game's development?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I enjoyed those 5 posts

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Whoa

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
2 twisted, I'm not gonna back.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Looks like Thermidor had been abandoned. Oh well, it was a promising game.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Space Bat posted:

Any further questions about the game's development?
Thank you, I can see now how the devs' choice to focus on guns in order to prevent showing excess violence was wise.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Further proof that guillotines are the humane method, really

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.
I can't believe Thermidor is going to be exclusive to the Ouya for a whole year.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I am sorry if this was answered already but is Thomas Jefferson confirmed as playable? Or is he coming in DLC?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Lunchboxx posted:

I can't believe Thermidor is going to be exclusive to the Ouya for a whole year.

I thought that thong was dead, what is it 99 doll hares?

Sent using Voice to Text

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
seriously though, getting back on topic, hyperdevbox, what is the ingame fois gras situation like? I have very strong opinions on the matter and it is crucial that the bonuses given by eating fois gras are appropriately magnificent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Foie gras is surprisingly rare, non-craftable and overpowered. I hope they don't make it pay to win but I have a bad feeling

• Locked thread