Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Big thunder and dinosaur open tomorrow anyone know if they have any massive changes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
New special effects on the last hill for big thunder and just standard refurb for Dinosaur as far as I know.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

New special effects on the last hill for big thunder and just standard refurb for Dinosaur as far as I know.

What I wouldn't give to have Countdown to Extinction again, have your spine readjusted while having a day at the park.

Also I added a fast pass to my monorail to enter my park proper in Planet Coaster and I am now what I hate.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Ate at Pizzerizzo before heading home yesterday and it was incredibly average, but the atmosphere is really neat. I generally enjoyed Pizzafari, though.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Bunch of news came out today.
Magic band 2.0 rumor confirmed, no announced date for roll out. Looks like the modular part is basically confirmed:

Announced that Pandora is opening "Summar 2017", although this will probably not be on target because their dates rarely are, this is the first real announcement of opening. There's a bunch of concept art at the parks blog.

Also, a pretty uninformative teaser of Star Wars land

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005

Empress Brosephine posted:

Big thunder and dinosaur open tomorrow anyone know if they have any massive changes?

The lighting is different on Dino and should illuminate the ride more. There's a mural on the wall that's been there since opening that I had no idea existed.

nbakyfan fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 19, 2016

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

nbakyfan posted:

The lighting is different on Dino and should illuminate the ride more. There's a mural on the wall that's been there since opening that I had no idea existed.

Oh thank goodness. When I went a year ago I thought I was going blind since I couldn't see *anything* on that ride.

From what I've been hearing, no changes to BTM (a la dynamite at DL). Just a basic maintenance refurb.

Good news is no GOTG overlay on Tower Of Terror.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Epcot getting a massive overhaul apparently

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I went back to Hollywood Studios for the first time since May. Have they begun any work at all on the new Star Wars or Toy Story stuff?

Although I must've been there the last day or two before they reopened Pizzarizzo or whatever it's called now. We were there two weekends ago.

We also hit up the MK Christmas Party the night before, and I wish I could buy the peppermint bark cookies somewhere. Man those were good.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
They finished flattening out most of the area for star wars I believe but I dunno about much else. I'm behind on my blog reading lately

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

My god, the prepackaged cookies from Minnie's Bakery have no right to be as good as they are. We had the peanut butter and white chocolate/chocolate chunk flavors and they were both incredible. So soft but still had a good cookie crunch. I could eat myself sick on those things.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Apparently starting this last weekend, you can now rent a vinyl tent in Tomorrowland for $650 a day.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/11/breaking-magic-kingdom-adding-park-cabanas-guests-rent/

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

They showed off a short video of one of the animatronics from the Pandora River Journey, and uhhh...jeez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FInYxXpbJMg

I think the na'vi represent a good place to use the newest generation animatronics. You get to flex some realism (unlike, say, on Frozen Ever After or 7DMT), while avoiding uncanny valley issues (like on Shanghai's PotC).

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Who pays for these things, Jesus

e: this was in regards to the cabanas. That animatronic looks unreal. Like they figured out a way to get that projector face animation to respond to external lighting

couldcareless fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 21, 2016

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

couldcareless posted:

e: this was in regards to the cabanas.

At a guess? The people that used to rent out disabled people so they could jump in line all day. Have to spend that money somewhere!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Boxman posted:

They showed off a short video of one of the animatronics from the Pandora River Journey, and uhhh...jeez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FInYxXpbJMg

I think the na'vi represent a good place to use the newest generation animatronics. You get to flex some realism (unlike, say, on Frozen Ever After or 7DMT), while avoiding uncanny valley issues (like on Shanghai's PotC).

Haha oh man that's insane. I can't wait to see how ridiculous the avatar stuff pans out. They're certainly going in the right direction.

+tyty to everyone for telling me to check out Uniqlo. I got the comfiest room shoes imaginable and fell in love with the place in general.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

couldcareless posted:

I was going to say you could stay in the Polynesian DVC villas for less, but the kind of people that would be willing to rent the vinyl tent probably have so much money, they can do both.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fish Of Doom posted:

Apparently starting this last weekend, you can now rent a vinyl tent in Tomorrowland for $650 a day.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/11/breaking-magic-kingdom-adding-park-cabanas-guests-rent/

I've heard the Space Mountain cast members hate it because the tents took up half their stroller parking.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Gaston doesn't appear during MVMCP, does he?

:cry:

I wanted to get my man to challenge him to an arm wrestling contest ... and then lose spectacularly because Gaston is the greatest!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.disneystore.com/rock-n-roller-coaster-collection/mn/1004201/

is all this non aerosmith merchandise new?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Is the Universal Express pass worth it if Im trying to do both parks in one day - on the weekend?

Last year I went on a Monday and the passes weren't that useful. But now that Hulk and Kong are open..... and Im going on a Sunday this time.

On the other hand, if its anything like last year, Im just going to spend most of the time at the HP parts of the parks anyway....

AAAAHHHH TWO WEEKS IM SO EXCITED

Im kinda hoping Rivers of Light will be open by then, but if it is, then I ll have to re-jigger all my plans (including probably skipping Boma) which will be annoying.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Cast preview for Rivers of Light is tomorrow night. Wife got us some tickets. I'll report back if it's glorious or a disaster :stare:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I have two extra tickets for the Rivers of Light preview tonight if anyone wants to join. Quote this and meet me at the AK gate at 7. No cameras allowed. Not sure what else they'll have but usually they give out Mickey bars and have Everest going, etc.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Rivers of Light was really great. It's not the boombastic spectacle of other shows like Wishes or Fantasmic (can't possibly compete without fireworks TBH), but it's perfectly suited for Animal Kingdom's tone and message and they're doing some really cool things with water, projections, and lighting. The original music was excellent as well. Between this, Lion King, and Nemo, there are three fantastic productions to see in one day at AK, aside from the rides and animal attractions. I place AK at a solid #2 spot at WDW, and with Avatar that will solidify it's place pretty well until stage two of Hollywood Studios expansion wraps up.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Glad to hear. I love Animal Kingdom so much :3

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Awesome! Wish they could have gotten it together sooner, but after next summer I am sure AK is going to rock.

Since immediately coming back from WDW I've come down with a three weeks and counting bronchitis and as of last night, an excellent upper respiratory infection. Serves me right for going to hangout with 100,000 of my dearest friends.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

BlueBayou posted:

Is the Universal Express pass worth it if Im trying to do both parks in one day - on the weekend?

Last year I went on a Monday and the passes weren't that useful. But now that Hulk and Kong are open..... and Im going on a Sunday this time.

On the other hand, if its anything like last year, Im just going to spend most of the time at the HP parts of the parks anyway....

AAAAHHHH TWO WEEKS IM SO EXCITED

I've never been able to justify the express pass price. Single rider is usually just as fast, and there's enough to do that I've never seen every ride packed.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Anya posted:

Since immediately coming back from WDW I've come down with a three weeks and counting bronchitis and as of last night, an excellent upper respiratory infection. Serves me right for going to hangout with 100,000 of my dearest friends.
I have never not gotten sick immediately after visiting WDW. It's basically the movie Outbreak in theme park form.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Anya posted:

Awesome! Wish they could have gotten it together sooner, but after next summer I am sure AK is going to rock.

I'm in week 2 since getting back and have had viral strep throat since I left. :hfive:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I always get sick in some way after leaving Disney. It's inevitable.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

The obvious solution is to never leave.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Worked for me!

I used to get the travel crud every trip, assumed it was from the crowds. Now I never get sick, but that could be my body turning into a true Florida Man. The worst was when I got a 24 hour bug on the Disney cruise, and it hit me fast while we were snorkeling 3 miles out at sea. Cut my excursion in half and laid in our cabin ordering room service and eating ice cream all night.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
If you're flying it might be being on the plane that's getting you sick, not Disney.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Well there was that whole measles outbreak a few years back that was traced back to Disneyland.

Though I think that was more about unvaccinated kids....

Still though

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
The magical express just dropped us off!

We're excited!

But!

We have no clothes because we packed them all. And we forgot bathings suits because we're dipshits.

Lesson learned: carry on pajamas if you're catching a late flight.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://vinylmationworld.com/VMworldmob/wordpress/new-brer-rabbit-and-brer-fox-eachez-vinylmations-now-available

how did i miss this god loving damnit

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I never come home sick from a trip, but my immune system is freakishly good year round.

And yes, always pack any meds/glasses/contacts and an extra pair of clothes in carry on. Magical express is great but not when you arrive late.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I'll be honest, I don't love having Magical Express handle my bags. It takes a really long time for them to get delivered and I don't being away from my stuff that long. I prefer to gather my own bags at the airport and let them travel with me on the bus. If I get to the resort and the room isn't ready, I just leave the bags with bell services. Usually later when you go to your room, you can just call from your room to bell services and they'll haul your stuff to your room for you. Then you don't have to wait hours for bags.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

I just wish there was a way to *confirm* that you are scheduled. We are about 35 days out and haven't gotten our tags yet. I've had to call the reservation line twice for different reasons, and every time I've checked they've not had our flight info, so I've given it again. Why this can't be done online is beyond me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Magical Express is a hot mess right now. As long as you have made a ME reservation, you'll be allowed on the bus. You don't absolutely have to have the luggage tags. If you don't receive them in the mail, you can check your bags at your originating airport and hang on to the baggage claim ticket they give you. When you get to Orlando, give the Magical Express cast member that claim ticket and they'll grab your bags for you from baggage claim. Or you can grab your bags from baggage claim yourself and bring them with you to Magical Express and the driver will load and unload your bags from the bus for you.